J&K: One officer died due to fire in camp.

Ganesh2691

Srinagar: An Army officer belonging to the elite counter-insurgency unit was charred to death when a fire broke out in his camp in Bandipora district of Kashmir, officials said on Saturday.
Lt Colonel S Apte, second in command of counter-insurgency 5 Para unit of the Army, died after fire engulfed four huts inside the camp in Bandipora, 35 kms from Srinagar, on Friday night.
Other Army personnel stationed in the camp are safe, the officials said. A short circuit apparently triggered the fire. Army authorities are probing the incident.

J&K: Fire breaks out in Army camp, one officer charred to death- Jammu and Kashmir- IBNLive

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
re: J&K: One officer died due to fire in camp.

Rest In Peace....

The cause of such thing is lack of infrastructure, there are hardly any concrete infrastructure for majority of living quarters, all are made of plywood mainly

mikhail

Country flag
R.I.P.:rip:!its very sad that we lost such an competent officer of the elite PARA regiment to a silly camp fire!this shows the real picture of how our forces live in those areas of J&K!:frusty:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
A Fire Guard on duty throughout the night is something I remember from my USA basic training.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There are none in Indian army, the night guards duty is to be in there post and do the surveillance and guarding..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles