It's just a movie

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Articles: Dragon Day: Red Dawn for Intellectuals
China, by far the largest single owner of U.S. Treasury debt, has been abandoning Treasury bonds to invest directly in U.S. land, building and businesses. Recently, China entered an agreement with the European Union to swap currencies, forgoing purchases of U.S. dollars -- the world's reserve currency -- to finance transactions. Both of these activities are a consequence of the risk associated with astronomical U.S. debt, almost doubled since President Obama took office. On October 11, China called for the world to be "de-Americanized," its leaders ridiculing Washington over the shutdown impasse.

It is against this backdrop of real events that Dragon Day, a tense thriller set to release November 1st, depicts a Chinese takeover of the U.S. after our government defaults on its debt. Dragon Day Director Jeffrey Travis says, "When I would pitch the film to people, I could rarely finish the logline before the reaction was "Oh my God, that's really going to happen". Our joke was we had to finish the film before it became a documentary.

drkrn

now return of chinese dollars back into america.

why does china reinvest money to its receiver??is it as ign that chinese economy is no more shining?

china wants world to get de-americanized but invests in america????double tongue

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Wow! And so the "China-threat" propaganda is taken to a whole new level.

And I thought Zero-Dark-Thirty took the cake for using hollywood for political ends.
Americans love to scare themselves with their movies. Space aliens, zombies, vampires, Chinese, we have a whole range of scary figures.:pokerface:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Wow! And so the "China-threat" propaganda is taken to a whole new level.

And I thought Zero-Dark-Thirty took the cake for using hollywood for political ends.
What was the political angle of Zero Dark Thirty and who benefited from it?

Besides Leon Panetta, who was played by James Gandolfini?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Speaking of Americans scaring themselves, I just arrived for my latest consulting assignment to this laid back dull and tiny place called Racine, in Wisconsin. Yesterday at a restaurant I overheard two elderly men talking about the US government shutdown, government snooping on their communication, and other stuff. On the topic of government snooping, one of them was saying that he was worried that his "communications" would find their way to "America's enemies" like China, Eye-Ran and Al-Qaeda. I stifled a laugh, wondering what "Eye-ran" and co. would want to do with old men exchanging notes on medical insurance and healthcare costs. :lol:

Last edited:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Speaking of Americans scaring themselves, I just arrived for my latest consulting assignment to this laid back dull and tiny place called Racine, in Wisconsin. Yesterday at a restaurant I overheard two elderly men talking about the US government shutdown, government snooping on their communication, and other stuff. On the topic of government snooping, one of them was saying that he was worried that his "communications" would find their way to "America's enemies" like China, Eye-Ran and Al-Qaeda. I stifled a laugh, wondering what "Eye-ran" and co. would want to do with old men exchanging notes on medical insurance and healthcare costs. :lol:
Common amreekis are dumb and retards.
they are also very filthy.

sob

Mod
Country flag
OI love this statement from the director
Our joke was we had to finish the film before it became a documentary.
This speaks volumes of the current US President.

J20!

Country flag
What was the political angle of Zero Dark Thirty and who benefited from it?

Besides Leon Panetta, who was played by James Gandolfini?
Former CIA Director Leon Panetta released classified details of the Osama raid to the film-makers responsible for Zero-Dark-Thirty just in time for Obama's re-election bid.

Being the President that killed Osama was always one of Obama's biggest campaign points in the 2012 elections.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles