ISRO Vs NASA Space paper ad.. WOW

ninja85

All the Indian scientists in NASA are the low cadre non-creative ones that are just left to do the repetitive work that no high level scientists need to bother, like data entry and looking through huge amount of data to find errors. Nothing creative, they destroy the creative bit in India when they leave IIT.
then one day those nasa indian will return back to india eventually, as the isro budget will rise,currently isro budget is low because they have no major projects like sending man on the moon.

Compersion

Country flag
A bit of a old news from the archives:

Hughes And Loral: Too Eager To Help China?

Hughes And Loral: Too Eager To Help China? - Businessweek

I like the americans but they have helped the chinese a lot ... they have even used chinese launchers because of cost previously.

if that happened previously why not americans use indian launchers now because indians and ISRO cannot be challenged on cost and quality. also satellites have reduced dramatically in size and weight.

ISRO's GSLV-D5: Why it was important for India?

While Russia did come close to transferring the technology to India, it backtracked later albeit under pressure from Washington.
It is like the ideal partnership. India and USA. yet the (relationship) rocket is still on launch pad. a bit like our GSLV. waiting for lift off.

One thing is for sure we wont backstab Russia (and rightly).

CrYsIs

Country flag
Most of the scientists in NASA are indians, i used to feel bad, because Indians working for foreigners to earn money. But Now in comparing ISRO and NASA — I am feeling very proud.

sorry i have no original source or date of this ad

Your posts reflects whats wrong with vast majority of our people.

Most scientists in NASA are not Indians.People of Indian origin don't even make up 2% of NASA employees.

and comparing ISRO to NASA is highly idiotic.NASA is atleast 50 years ahead of ISRO.

ISRO's launch capabilities are largely limited with only a light and an unproven middle weight launch vehicle.India has been able to launch only 2000 kg satellite to space where as the most powerful rockets of NASA can send 120,000 kg to space.

The reason why US missions are expensive because their satellites are much bigger and carry much larger payloads as opposed to only a 15 kg for India.

bhramos

Country flag
ISRO's launch capabilities are largely limited with only a light and an unproven middle weight launch vehicle.India has been able to launch only 2000 kg satellite to space where as the most powerful rockets of NASA can send 120,000 kg to space.

The reason why US missions are expensive because their satellites are much bigger and carry much larger payloads as opposed to only a 15 kg for India.
what you say is like NASA spent $900 million to build a space pen, where USSR spent $1 pencil to use in space...

i'm not comparing Technology, sure NASA is ahead of India... why didnt NASA find water on moon and only Chandrayan could find it...?

I'm just a Patriotic Indian Idiot, who is just proud of my ISRO's achievement even in this age of Corruption...

CrYsIs

Country flag
what you say is like NASA spent $900 million to build a space pen, where USSR spent $1 pencil to use in space...

i'm not comparing Technology, sure NASA is ahead of India... why didnt NASA find water on moon and only Chandrayan could find it...?

I'm just a Patriotic Indian Idiot, who is just proud of my ISRO's achievement even in this age of Corruption...
I am just as patriotic as you are but i am rational and not blindly patriotic.I am critical of how this country runs.

As far as discovering water on moon,chandrayaan was not the only satellite which did it.There were probes launched earlier which had hinted at the prospects of water on moon.Chandrayaan only confirmed it.Unfortunately the discovery of water was made by moon minerology mapper of NASA on board chandrayaan satellite and not any indian instrument.SO the credit would go to NASA and not India.

aerokan

Country flag
Your posts reflects whats wrong with vast majority of our people.

Most scientists in NASA are not Indians.People of Indian origin don't even make up 2% of NASA employees.

and comparing ISRO to NASA is highly idiotic.NASA is atleast 50 years ahead of ISRO.

All the self-apologetic inferiority complex ridden Indians never forget to mention that India was 50 years behind some country in any given field.. Me thinks, 50 years is the majikkk figure we never surpassed :rolleyes:

CrYsIs

Country flag
All the self-apologetic inferiority complex ridden Indians never forget to mention that India was 50 years behind some country in any given field.. Me thinks, 50 years is the majikkk figure we never surpassed :rolleyes:
By being realistic and rational i am in no way becoming self apologetic or suffering from inferiority complex.

As i said before it's ridiculous to compare indian space technology to that of NASA's.While India has still not even mastered the technology involving landing a rover or docking a spacecraft ,NASA has done all that in the early 60's .SO yeah India has not been able to surpass that magic figure of 50 years.

Waffen SS

What is NASA? US steals educated people from all over world. Russia sent spaceship in their own, Indian sent by their own, US steals scientist, with out Brain Drain US is pure Black hole.

Warner Von Braun who sent rocket to space was German scientist, he built V2 rocket in WW2, world's first long range missile.

List of German rocket scientists in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NASA's first generation scientists were German who came during operation Paper Clip. There is no credit in sending rockets to space used stolen tallent. Russia got the guts, India has guts, US does not have.

No Brain Drain, US will be Canada very developed but not so much advanced.

aerokan

Country flag
By being realistic and rational i am in no way becoming self apologetic or suffering from inferiority complex.

As i said before it's ridiculous to compare indian space technology to that of NASA's.While India has still not even mastered the technology involving landing a rover or docking a spacecraft ,NASA has done all that in the early 60's .SO yeah India has not been able to surpass that magic figure of 50 years.
A realist and rational person would understand that all the launches of whatever weight are to be supported by economics. While NASA's expenditure and R&D had been very high and the support it got from their politicians in the glorious 'd**k measuring contest' has been astronomical, our ISRO has to do with a lot of budgetary constraints. That's the reason why the reason and realism is lost when you made the statements without considering these facts. Most importantly, does landing a rover or docking a spacecraft matters when China attacked us and we were caught pants down? A judicial combo of priorities and economics and future potential resulted in the decisions we made yesterday and the ones we are making today.

If NASA is 50 years ahead, then it should also be 50 years ahead of ISRO in efficiency. Why is it still lagging behind in efficiency then?

He may have got some of his facts wrong but that doesn't mean you can look down upon ISRO with extreme prejudice.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles