ISRO General News and Updates

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
You have no idea how difficult it was for us. Being kicked out in the middle of the night and that too without any explanations. I literally wasted my night couldn't sleep properly next morning. I even convinced my friends too.

They are selling tickets so they must give guarantees. Give public their money back and also extra money for the trouble we endured.

Only failure I saw was complete lack of quality control from ISRO. They didn't bother to check the problem before assembly. Complete sarkari babu experience. If this had happened in elsewhere, the person responsible would've been fired on the spot. Here in India nothing has and nothing will happen. :frusty:

At this point I am very much disappointed in ISRO. A mission delayed by years and now this?!!! How pathetic.:mad2: They should launch Chandrayaan 2 onboard Ariane 5 and end this national humiliation. If this is the situation of a simple rover mission what can we expect for human mission.

If Gov. was any serious they would force a written apology from K. Sivan publicly and fire him on the spot. Otherwise people's trust will erode from ISRO too.
Did you tweet to DG CISF and Amit shah? Add the MoS home to the list, since he is telugu guy..

Feedback is important....

No point sulking here....

indiatester

Country flag
You have no idea how difficult it was for us. Being kicked out in the middle of the night and that too without any explanations. I literally wasted my night couldn't sleep properly next morning. I even convinced my friends too.

They are selling tickets so they must give guarantees. Give public their money back and also extra money for the trouble we endured.

Only failure I saw was complete lack of quality control from ISRO. They didn't bother to check the problem before assembly. Complete sarkari babu experience. If this had happened in elsewhere, the person responsible would've been fired on the spot. Here in India nothing has and nothing will happen. :frusty:

At this point I am very much disappointed in ISRO. A mission delayed by years and now this?!!! How pathetic.:mad2: They should launch Chandrayaan 2 onboard Ariane 5 and end this national humiliation. If this is the situation of a simple rover mission what can we expect for human mission.

If Gov. was any serious they would force a written apology from K. Sivan publicly and fire him on the spot. Otherwise people's trust will erode from ISRO too.
There have been multiple other scrubs from US/Russia/France in the last year. I wish your next launch is successful.

happylion

Country flag

Thank yo0u. We will blow up a rocket for your viewing pleasure ! No guarantee is made with any rocket launch.

happylion

Country flag

Thank yo0u. We will blow up a rocket for your viewing pleasure ! No guarantee is made with any rocket launch.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Source: sanman from NSF
It seems the Rocket Garden portion of the Visitors Complex at Satish Dhawan Space Centre may now be up.

People who were at the aborted Chandrayaan-2 launch event were posting various pictures online, which included ones from the Viewing Gallery, but they also had pictures of various mock-ups of ISRO rockets looming over them.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Credit: Salo from NSF
Parliamentary Q&A [18 July 2019]: Queries on upcoming science missions, updates on DISHA and MOM-2.

Queries in Rajyasabha today

http://164.100.47.4/newrsquestion/Search_minwise.aspx

Q. No. 2955 - (PDF)

On upcoming science missions.

Aditya L1 mission to study the Sun in 2020

X-ray Polarisation Satellite (Xposat) mission to study X-ray polarisation in 2020

Venus mission is planned during 2023. 17 Indian payloads and 7 international payloads recommended

Second mission to Mars (MOM-2) is planned during 2024

Disturbed and quite-type Ionosphere System at High Altitude (DISHA) satellites are planned during 2024-25

Astronomy mission in 2025
Need to study about DISHA satellites. AstroSat-2 seems to have shifted to 2025.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
My two bits on this discussion:

You have got the wrong end of the stick re Rule Britannia--I wrote Rule and not rule. The Rule Britannia is a song and mentions of the times when Britain ruled the ways ( metaphorically and in practical terms ). It is not a propaganda medium anymore; nostalgia, if at all and sung on the last day of the proms.

Nigel Farage---he is a racist but not in the National front mould or the BNP mould. He has actually gone on record to say that he prefers immigrants from India as compared to those from the former soviet bloc. BUT, his association with the far right makes him a dangerous politician for non white people.

i have not stated anywhere that it is India's problem re the aid. Was just giving you facts.

'You' and 'your kind'--i suggest you temper your language and maintain decorum. Fyi--I am an Indian as well. There is no need to make disparaging remarks and be insulting.

"stupid people in UK ever bad mouthing Pakistan achievements---what are you trying to say? Are all the people in UK stupid? Or only stupid people do not bad mouth Paki achievements? Which Paki achievements are you referring to? The media and politicians do not mention pakistan much. THOUGH, the Labour party is decidedly not pro Hindu. The Labour heartlands are ripe grounds for muslims to join and they are mostly packs and bangladeshis. They influence the party and policies.And they play to the gallery of political correctness. So, yes, there is a brewing muslim problem which will get worse over the years.

You use a wide brush to tarnish an entire country. Agreed that UK is losing relevance but it is still relevant for now. It would have helped if the jokers in the Congress and their acolytes would have shed their slave mentality decades ago.
Brits online are by far the dumbest invertebrates I have encountered. At least with Americans and Chinese you can still debate about economics and military capabilities using facts and sources. Not so with esteemed British intellectuals. You can't even make them understand percentages, like how India spending 0.5% of its budget on space is not the cause of poverty. Any civilized debate flies over their heads, and they only respond with "build some toilets" or some shit. Don't bother showing figures for access to sanitation. Indians online should avoid lowering themselves to the cesspit of yellow teeth circle jerkers.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Brits online are by far the dumbest invertebrates I have encountered. At least with Americans and Chinese you can still debate about economics and military capabilities using facts and sources. Not so with esteemed British intellectuals. You can't even make them understand percentages, like how India spending 0.5% of its budget on space is not the cause of poverty. Any civilized debate flies over their heads, and they only respond with "build some toilets" or some shit. Don't bother showing figures for access to sanitation. Indians online should avoid lowering themselves to the cesspit of yellow teeth circle jerkers.
Yup, best way with brits is to go full on offence..

Remind them that they are a small insignificant island nation.

Remind them that original natives had to vacate their cities, towns and houses to their former subjects of British empire.

Remind them that they can’t survive without European imported goods, yet they want to leave European Union.

Infact go thru YouTube clips from yes minister and yes prime minister. Copy Paste those dialogues by sir Humphrey Appleby verbatim. They know deep down that they are all true.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Yup, best way with brits is to go full on offence..

Remind them that they are a small insignificant island nation.

Remind them that original natives had to vacate their cities, towns and houses to their former subjects of British empire.

Remind them that they can’t survive without European imported goods, yet they want to leave European Union.

Infact go thru YouTube clips from yes minister and yes prime minister. Copy Paste those dialogues by sir Humphrey Appleby verbatim. They know deep down that they are all true.
Highlighting their atrocities only strokes their ego. Simply ignore them, or as your first point mentions, remind them of their insignificance. Play their own game against them. Make fun of their girls being raped by muzzies. Make fun of how Indians in the UK are richer than whites. Make fun of their slave status to America. Intentionally keep it crude but insulting.

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Last night was worst.

Chandrayan 2 cancelled

People like us spent good money for this launch. Hotel bookings, Air travel, cabs, etc. Only for disappointment at last moment. Very bad behavior by CISF. Told everyone to go back rudely. There where school kids who came to launch site in middle of the night they were too disappointed. Everyone I saw at launch site was visibly angry. Almost everyone was cursing at ISRO.

Now who is gonna reimburse our expenses?

Typical sarkari babu behavior by ISRO. :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:
All I can say is cool your radiator. Not good for the heart. So relax and don't get pissed off over things that cannot be controlled like a small leak in the bottle. There are thousands upon thousands of parts big and small that need to work with 100% precision and efficiency or the launch is scrubbed. Have you heard of Murphy's law that states: "Whatever can go wrong, may go wrong." And the launch was never 'cancelled' as you say. It was postponed by a few days.

And that's why you have a thing called the count down precisely for this reason and not for dramatics. Dozens of American and Russian launches have been aborted because of a malfunction noticed during the countdown.

Did ISRO force you to attend the launch? NO. It was your own decision because you wanted to get a high seeing the launch up close. Goodies don't come always for free. So relax before you bust an artery or two. It's not worth it.

Bottom line: Don't blame ISRO.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
5 Missions in 5 yrs to study Solar System, Black holes

Solar system (Image courtesy Twitter)
Moving beyond Chandrayaan-2, Indian Space Research Organisation plans to launch five astronomy missions in the next five years to explore the deep space.
ISRO would send spacecraft to the Sun, Venus and Mars besides launching a unique probe to study cosmic monsters like Black Holes.
In each case, key inputs on mission planning would come from India's second lunar venture involving an orbiter, a lander and a rover. Chandrayaan-2 is slated for launch on July 22.
The next two deep space missions immediately after the lunar probe would be Aditya-L1 for studying the Sun and Xposat (X-ray Polarisation Satellite) that would seek to throw new light on mysterious celestial bodies like Black Hole and Neutron Stars.
Being developed by scientists at Raman Research Institute, Bengaluru, the Xposat will exploit a rather unusual technique called polarimetry to look at the universe.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration, USA used such a technique way back in 1976 to carry out measurements on Crab Nebula.
“We wish to conduct our experiments within three years though the payload (named Polix) will be having a life of five years,” Biswajit Paul, RRI scientist and principal investigator of the project told DH.
Xposat would study neutron stars to know more about their behaviour besides turning its gaze on the accretion disc and corona of a black hole to find out answers to scientific queries pending for a long time.
Aditya-L1 too would be a path-breaking mission in which a 400 kg class satellite carrying the payload will be placed in an orbit around the Sun in such a way so that it can continuously view the star without any occultation or eclipses during which the Sun is hidden by other planetary bodies. The orbit would be located 1.5 million km away from the Earth.
The solar mission will seek to enhance the current understanding of the Solar Corona besides provide vital data for space weather studies.
“The Venus mission generated a lot of curiosity (17 Indian and 7 Indian proposals received so far) because barely anyone has plans to go to the second planet in the Solar system. The idea is to have an orbiter and a drone-like a probe that would be released from the spacecraft. We hope that the drone would send some information back before being burnt,” said Somak Raychaudhury, director of the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune.
The second mission to the Mars is planned in 2024, though details are yet to frozen.
By 2024-25, the space agency plans to launch a pair of a satellite named DISHA (Disturbed and quite-type Ionosphere System at High Altitude) to have a better understanding of the interplay between the charged particles and cosmic rays at an altitude of 400-450 km.

Enquirer

How DUMB are Indian journalists???
The report about Chandranyaan-2 shows a French Ariane rocket!!! One can also explicitly hear the countdown in FRENCH!!!

indiatester

Country flag
How DUMB are Indian journalists???
The report about Chandranyaan-2 shows a French Ariane rocket!!! One can also explicitly hear the countdown in FRENCH!!!

Whats funny is that it says footage courtesy PIB India :doh:

Enquirer

Whats funny is that it says footage courtesy PIB India :doh:
PIB "may" have given that footage long time back in the context of GSAT launches etc.
The lazy IndianExpress journalists must have randomly picked up some stock video and overlayed their choice of text!!!! (just like they show C17 image for Rafale :) )

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Bold part is the reason british ugly bastards dislike India.
They are pissed off because they are downright ugly and they want their government to fix their teeth for free.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles