ISRO General News and Updates

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Soon nepotic celebrities will come and describe us how hard it was to make such film they studied this film for 5 years and took interviews of thousands of officials. Moreover they also did case study of other agencies.... Blah blah... But, But ... Morons forgot to ask which space vehicle carried Mangalyan to space !! It's not Soyuz it's PSLV
ISRO has copyright claim to any and all SLV images used by anyone. This was explained by Ekta Kapoor regarding poster of her upcoming space series MOM. This is why bollywood uses Soyuz pics. Though in future things will change.

Lets look at things optimistically. I am happy that they are at least making movies on space science subject. Until now all space related movies came from hollywood only.

I'd say things are moving in the right direction one day we will have plenty of science fiction, space science movies that will inspire average Indians.

I'd rather have liked a space science fiction movie. Mangalyaan is something that happened, an orbiter that won't infuse that much of entertainment.

A couple of new movies like Uri had decent action, we need nice science fiction movies now away from love stories.
I am sure Mangalyaan movie will be more of a drama driven movie focusing on issues and problems of ISRO's scientist and how hard achievement it was for them. Maybe similar to hollywood's "First Man" movie. This is bollywood's creation so there will some usual masala as well.

I am glad such movie is being made in India. a decade ago it was unthinkable.

Uri was a great movie. I enjoyed it. Nice to see such breath of fresh air coming form bollywood creators. In the light of recent event bollywood's movie making style is also changing.

All in all good times ahead.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
I am sure Mangalyaan movie will be more of a drama driven movie focusing on issues and problems of ISRO's scientist and how hard achievement it was for them. Maybe similar to hollywood's "First Man" movie. This is bollywood's creation so there will some usual masala as well.
100% it'll be like Hidden Figures.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

I am glad such movie is being made in India. a decade ago it was unthinkable.

Uri was a great movie. I enjoyed it. Nice to see such breath of fresh air coming form bollywood creators. In the light of recent event bollywood's movie making style is also changing.

All in all good times ahead.
Actually, it's quite positive that Bollywood has lately changed the flavour of its movies.
But any such movie is supposed to be thrilling. One with too typical or trivial part, will sound awkward rather than thrilling.
  1. It won't be about a major/minor military operation. So it won't be thrilling by default. They will have to be too creative for make this movie thrilling.
  2. Mangalyaan is just a small orbiter. Not more than a TD mission for ISRO itself.
  3. The "First Man" thing would have applied if ISRO would have sent it in very past of cold war. We are fourth country to reach Martian orbit but did it 40 years later than Americans & Soviets. Doesn't bear that much of excitement.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Update on Chandrayaan 2

All assemblies are complete.

Integration work done.

LV is ready for movement.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Ahead of Chandrayaan-2 launch, ISRO budget breaches Rs 11,000 crore
In 2017-18, the actual allocation was Rs 8,053 crore, while in 2018-19 the revised estimate stood at Rs 9,918 crore.

This is for the first time ISRO’s budget has breached Rs 11,000 cr mark. In 2017-18, the actual allocation was Rs 8,053 crore, while in 2018-19 the revised estimate stood at Rs 9,918 crore.

As per the financial outlay for individual departments, funds for Department of Space are allocated under three heads i.e. space technology, space applications and INSAT satellite system. Totally, Rs 8,407.59 crore has been allocated for space technology, Rs 1,885.45 crore for space applications and Rs 884.42 crore for INSAT satellite systems.

www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2019/jul/06/ahead-of-chandrayaan-2-launch-isro-budget-breaches-rs-11000-crore-2000142.html

cyclops

Country flag
Finally because of ISRO's massive success Bollywood too has started making science fiction movies.

Mission Mangal starting Akshay Kumar

As predicted many years ago that a successful space program is needed to develop scientific temperament in the country. Glad to see it happening.

:india::india::india::india::india:
I hope they do it accurately with as less masala as possible.

I already see the S12 boosters missing on the PSLV(if not the whole vehicle itself is different) being replaced by a Russian Blok style boosters.

Eitherway, this is a good first step along with the Nambi Narayanan movie I'd say ISRO is now properly reaching the masses.

S.A.T.A

So, Pragyan has has embroiderments on its wheels as per NSF.
Will leave marks of ISRO's logo and Indian National emblem on lunar surface. Bloody awesome!!
@aditya10r @Chatrapathi @S.A.T.A
Better than the flag. Talk about leaving the national imprint on the sands of time (or the moon). Because due to lack of wind and other seismic activities, the imprint will be permanent.

sorcerer

Country flag

but still...goooood!!
Chandrayaan Economical than Air Force One

On Monday, Indian space scientists will take the first step towards reaching the Moon for the second time, but on a frugal budget of $141 million (Rs 978 crores), as compared with $660 million of Air Force One jet aircraft. In fact, the second lunar probe, Chandrayaan-2, costs less than the $165 million production budget Hollywood Sci-fi flick Interstellar.

https://www.asianage.com/india/all-india/140719/chandrayaan-cheaper-than-air-force-one.html

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles