Israeli students in India

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Israeli students finish field work in Nagpur

A group of seven students of international social work from Sapir College, Israel, went back after three-week field work in the city. On their last day in the city they were presented mementos and certificates by Matru Sewa Sangh Institute of Social Work (MSSISW), which coordinated the field work for the Israeli students.

In a small programme, all seven students; Orit Bani, Yael Porat, Nofar Sasson, May Amram, Yara Golan, Vared Kauffman and Lani Tal and their teacher Rebecca Ranz, were given certificates and mementos for successfully completing their field work in India. Dr Ravi Wankhede was guest of honour and John Menachery, principal of MSSISW, was also present along with teacher coordinator from the college Geetha Thachil.

The teary-eyed Israeli students said they were taking warm memories back home. "We are happy that we are going back to our families and friends, but our hearts are heavy. I wish our families could come here so that we would not have to leave Nagpur," said Yael Porat, promising that she would come back to India for sure.

The students and teachers said they were touched by the hope and positivity that they saw in Indian children in spite of the difficult conditions they endured. Apart from social work field visits, the Israeli and Indian students organised Israeli and Indian Night programmes, where they cooked delicacies from both countries. This is the second year that students of Sapir College have visited Nagpur.

Israeli students finish field work in Nagpur - The Times of India

nrupatunga

Many people say that any israeli could be a plausible intel agent. So what/where exactly was their field work?? As they are not a hostile country, hopefully there is nothing to worry.

Shirman

Country flag
^^^^^Just look at the number of Iranian n Paki students in our country. It poses a gravest threat 2 us than Israelis could inflict us...........

Both have a rich history of terror attacks against us.....

Last edited:

nrupatunga

^^^^ hence i mentioned this in my post
hopefully there is nothing to worry.
WRT paki/iraninans here, it is a known thing that we should be very careful with them. Atleast pakis should not be allowed to come here at all. Anyways when they have UK(non-religious subjects) and saudi (religious subjects), why should they even come to study in india

Shirman

Country flag
Cheaper to study n near 2 home....Though UAE is preferred destination.....

Shirman

Country flag
wanted free visa polices for students under Aman-Ki-Asha rule.......:rofl:

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Many people say that any israeli could be a plausible intel agent. So what/where exactly was their field work?? As they are not a hostile country, hopefully there is nothing to worry.

Article said work was in Nagpur.
The students and teachers said they were touched by the hope and positivity that they saw in Indian children in spite of the difficult conditions they endured. Apart from social work field visits, the Israeli and Indian students organised Israeli and Indian Night programmes, where they cooked delicacies from both countries.
I wonder if Israel students can use what they learned in their own country, among Palestinians for example.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
^^^^ hence i mentioned this in my pos
WRT paki/iraninans here, it is a known thing that we should be very careful with them. Atleast pakis should not be allowed to come here at all. Anyways when they have UK(non-religious subjects) and saudi (religious subjects), why should they even come to study in india
ditto

why are we entertaining pak students .....unless one-for one exchange

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Don't know about Paki students in India and I doubt any such exists, Iranians have been around here for decades. Bangalore has a good chunk of them. India has shared very good historic and traditional ties with Iran and India faces no danger from Iran. In fact Iran is a vital nation for Indian interests. Be it their oil or their access into Afghanistan and into CAR.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
I think we have Arab and afghan students also. Never heard of Pakistani students in India, except maybe few aman ki asha type short visits.

Bheeshma

Paki students are strict no no. But India has a long history of having Afghan/Iranian/Uzbek/Tajik students and it is a very good diplomatic and foreign policy measure.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
We have a huge Pakistani population, although most of them are asylum seekers.
We also have huge number of African, Arab and Iranian students.
We have a massive number of Israeli holidaymakers (just out of military service).
And lets not forget the huge number of CIS-Russian "tourists" too.

gokussj9

Country flag
I went to Delhi FRRO office for passport stamping few weeks back. Saw a lot of Afghans there.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles