Israeli FM rakes up Kashmir again: If West resolves Kashmir, they can help here too

ejazr

Ambassador
http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=212084

Addressing the possibility that the Palestinian Authority might declare statehood unilaterally, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman called such a move a red line that shouldn't be crossed.

"Israel has no shortage of leverage that it can use on the PA in a way that will be unilaterally declared," the foreign minister told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee.

Lieberman also leveled criticism at the international community, saying, "the western world isn't succeeding to resolve conflicts in the world. If they succeed to solve the problems in Kashmir, we'll allow them to help us to deal with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict."

He added, "Until today, the international community hasn't upheld any agreement signed with Israel - exemplified by [UN Security Council] Resolution 1701 in southern Lebanon that hasn't been implemented."

ejazr

Ambassador
West failed to resolve Kashmir: Israel

Tel Aviv, Mar 14: In a significant development, Israel Monday said it will allow the western world to deal with the Palestinian conflict, "if they (western countries) succeed in solving the Kashmir problem."
"The western world isn't succeeding to resolve conflicts in the world. If they succeed to solve the problem in Kashmir, we'll allow them to help us to deal with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict," Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman told Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defences Committee.
This is, perhaps, for the first time that Tel Aviv has made such a statement on Kashmir. Israel is known to be a strong ally of India and the reported remarks of the Israeli foreign minister on the Kashmir issue may not go down well in New Delhi.
Levelling criticism at the international community, Lieberman said; "Until today, the international community hasn't upheld any agreement signed with Israel - exemplified by [UN Security Council] Resolution 1701 in southern Lebanon that hasn't been implemented."
Addressing the possibility that the Palestinian Authority might declare statehood unilaterally, Lieberman, according to a report published in the influential Israeli daily Jerusalem Post called the move "a red line that shouldn't be crossed."
"Israel has no shortage of leverage that it can use on the PA in a way that will be unilaterally declared," the foreign minister said.

kch

Totally un-needed comparison. The israeli ghetto-ization of local populace in West Bank is no way comparable to extraordinary semi-autonomous status of J&K residents. The foreign minister is not known for being diplomatic ...

"I've always been controversial because I offer new ideas. For me to be controversial, I think this is positive."
I think appointment of Liebermann simply implies that Israeli govt is not keen on solving palestine or any sort of detente with arab world. That's fine with India as long as his foot-in-mouth disease does not alienate allies like Turkey and India.

JBH22

Lieberman also leveled criticism at the international community, saying, "the western world isn't succeeding to resolve conflicts in the world. If they succeed to solve the problems in Kashmir, we'll allow them to help us to deal with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict."
Diversion tactic Israel knows India position it doesn't want any 3rd party on the negotiation table lieberhman wants to do same in Palestinian and Israeli conflict.

KS

Bye bye DFI
^^ I agree. Its just a diversionary statement wanting to put the Israeli-baiters in the West on the backfoot by bringing up Kashmir.

I expect the Israelis are much more wiser than issuing such stooopid statements like these.

KS

Bye bye DFI
other side of the coin can be that this can make west make india too see the reason to give up kashmir in better good of both Palestinian and kasmiris thereby solving two most longest persisting conflict in the world in single stroke.
If only the West is as powerful to make India give up Kashmir :lol: The most they can do is bomb impotent countries like Yugoslavia, Sudan etc to make new countries.

niharjhatn

other side of the coin can be that this can make west make india too see the reason to give up kashmir in better good of both Palestinian and kasmiris thereby solving two most longest persisting conflict in the world in single stroke.
What a ridiculous comparison! Comparing cultural and religious differences of Israelis + Palestinians who have been locked in mortal combat for thousands of years to that of turbulence in a state that really only started after independence!

Nonynon

Let me get some things straight:
The meaning of the statement isn't 'resolve the Kashmir thing first or we do nothing', its meant to bring up the fact the UN has an obsession with this conflict when there are so many others. He might as well have mentioned Kurdistan, Darfor or any of the others the UN does nothing about. Honestly though, this isn't really new, those kind of blaming UN statements have been going on for a long time. More likely the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the diversion for other things.
Totally un-needed comparison. The israeli ghetto-ization of local populace in West Bank is no way comparable to extraordinary semi-autonomous status of J&K residents. The foreign minister is not known for being diplomatic ...

I think appointment of Liebermann simply implies that Israeli govt is not keen on solving palestine or any sort of detente with arab world.
Don't get carried away, the West bank's economy is rocketing up as we speak (mostly because of massive donations). The blockade is only deployed against Gaza, for the obvious reasons. In fact i know a lot of west bankers myself, you can easily find them on internet chats (usually people go 'waa you have internet in there?!').
And I don't really like Lieberman myself but how does he mean we don't want peace?

What a ridiculous comparison! Comparing cultural and religious differences of Israelis + Palestinians who have been locked in mortal combat for thousands of years to that of turbulence in a state that really only started after independence!
More like 100 years. And I'm not sure the cultural differences aren't that great as you may be thinking.
I agree with the independence thing though, but independence alone isn't enough. Its the process that builds up the peace (for example how recently Israel and the PA have built up strong behind the curtains relations - discovered in wiki leaks and some other sources).

Last edited:

JBH22

Or is it that we can wipe out kashmiris hostile to India to maintain our territorial integrity this makes a better option as to a supposed wet dream that you might have of India giving up Indian Kashmir then the leader who does that will sign his/her death warrant.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Israel controls US and US can't ask India to do anything on J&K....:lol: So take a guess what this statement means. :rotfl:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
West cannot even take care of their backyard but they want to have control on ASIA.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
If it was not for the fooloish idea of our Chacha Nehru to go to the UN to resolve the matter. We would have got the problem solved by INDIAN ARMY in 10 days. Now it is more than 50 years and till we dont find a way to resolve the peoblem. We should have resolved the problem when it was at the starting stage and pakistan was not as powerful as it is today.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Or is it that we can wipe out kashmiris hostile to India to maintain our territorial integrity this makes a better option as to a supposed wet dream that you might have of India giving up Indian Kashmir then the leader who does that will sign his/her death warrant.
how many u'll wipe out?your blood thirst is still not over even after killing 115 kids last summer.

smartindian

Country flag
how many u'll wipe out?your blood thirst is still not over even after killing 115 kids last summer.
kids dont violet laws, kids dont beat police man on duty , destroy public property . innocent kid dont break curfew . if they do irrespective of which part of the country they belong , they will be dealt with same manner

pmaitra

Cut your rhetoric out, Ajtr.

Nobody killed kids. There were people, young and old, who came out to attack the security forces and the latter exercised their right to self defense. Some got killed by stray bullets and tear-gas shells and were not the intended target. This is called collateral damage and is regretful, but security forces cannot be blamed for that. However, thank you for not using the term 'innocent civilians'. Those that were throwing stones, using metal rods and sticks to attack the security personnel, those that were going around with petrol and kerosene and setting buildings on fire, those that broke into a police station and stole weapons are not innocent people.

I wonder why you are not vising threads on Libya or Bahrain and venting your frustration there? Or is it that for you Pakistanis, only India is eligible to be blamed? Or is it religion, not much atypical of most Pakistanis' arguments.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
u call 15-17 bunch of idots as kids who where paid to throw stones. Where are this kid now.

amitkriit

We will keep killing until they grow up and learn that "Stone Throwing" doesn't work.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
kids dont violet laws, kids dont beat police man on duty , destroy public property . innocent kid dont break curfew . if they do irrespective of which part of the country they belong , they will be dealt with same manner
A kid will do everything if u muzzle his freedom.

Cut your rhetoric out, Ajtr.

Nobody killed kids. There were people, young and old, who came out to attack the security forces and the latter exercised their right to self defense. Some got killed by stray bullets and tear-gas shells and were not the intended target. This is called collateral damage and is regretful, but security forces cannot be blamed for that. However, thank you for not using the term 'innocent civilians'. Those that were throwing stones, using metal rods and sticks to attack the security personnel, those that were going around with petrol and kerosene and setting buildings on fire, those that broke into a police station and stole weapons are not innocent people.

I wonder why you are not vising threads on Libya or Bahrain and venting your frustration there? Or is it that for you Pakistanis, only India is eligible to be blamed? Or is it religion, not much atypical of most Pakistanis' arguments.
Dont blame me for rhetoric...u are intelligent enough to trace to the point where this rhetoric has started.And dont suit u to call those kids killed in kashmir as collateral damage which implies that crpf is fighting war with kashmiris.Its easy for u guys to wash off ur hands by saying that its just a colletral damage of calling other as pakistanis.i didn't thought that u were blind enough that u are unable to see my posts in libya and baharin threads.

u call 15-17 bunch of idots as kids who where paid to throw stones. Where are this kid now.
yes they are kids.

We will keep killing until they grow up and learn that "Stone Throwing" doesn't work.
then why cry foul on their reaction.u kill them,they too will keep killing.

amitkriit

A kid will do everything if u muzzle his freedom.

Dont blame me for rhetoric...u are intelligent enough to trace to the point where this rhetoric has started.And dont suit u to call those kids killed in kashmir as collateral damage which implies that crpf is fighting war with kashmiris.Its easy for u guys to wash off ur hands by saying that its just a colletral damage of calling other as pakistanis.i didn't thought that u were blind enough that u are unable to see my posts in libya and baharin threads.

yes they are kids.

then why cry foul on their reaction.u kill them,they too will keep killing.
Doesn't matter whether are 8 or 80, if they wield weapons, rocks and kerosene, they are potential targets. And yes we must keep killing them. As far as "Killing game" is concerned, they are whining because they are loosing. Life of every Indian is valuable, their lives......well less valuable than livestock, at least livestock is a tangible resource.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles