Israel strikes Hezbollah-bound missile shipment

Ash

Country flag
Israeli warplanes hit a convoy of advanced missiles heading out of Syria and into Lebanon where they were to be delivered to Hezbollah, a Kuwaiti newspaper reported on Wednesday.

According to the report, in the Kuwait-based paper Al-Jarida (Arabic), the attack was carried out earlier this week in the vicinity of the Lebanese-Syrian border.
However, the report, which relied on an unnamed "official source" in Jerusalem, did not say whether the targets were in Lebanon or Syria at the time of the strike.

The Times of Israel could not independently confirm the report. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu refused to answer questions from an Israel Radio reporter Tuesday morning regarding alleged Israeli strikes in Syria.

On Tuesday Lebanese media reported that Israeli warplanes and pilot-less drones overflew villages in south Lebanon.

Israel has warned that any delivery of advanced weapons to the Shi'ite militia was a "red line" that would precipitate military action.

Israel has reportedly struck several times at weapons stashes and convoys inside Syria since the beginning of the year, either from the air or the sea.

Most recently, on July 5 an airstrike reportedly targeted Russian anti-ship Yakhont missiles, which Israel considered game-changers if they were to be transferred to Hezbollah in Lebanon

'Israel strikes Hezbollah-bound missile shipment' | The Times of Israel

sob

Mod
Country flag
Good to see proactive action and good intelligence.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Why does the Indian politico not possess this will power to attack pakistan? On the other hand we see raul vinci begging to everyone for votes upon the dead bodies of indra and ragiv gandhi. Were is this leading India.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Good to see proactive action and good intelligence.
If Lebanese armed forces would have air defenses , then they can shot down Israeli planes .

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Why does the Indian politico not possess this will power to attack pakistan? On the other hand we see raul vinci begging to everyone for votes upon the dead bodies of indra and ragiv gandhi. Were is this leading India.
Because the western powers sell arms to both India and Pakistan but when it comes to Middle east , they place arms embargo on countries like Lebanon .

sob

Mod
Country flag
If you have to blame someone on the present state of Lebanon then the Syrians and to a lesser extent the Iranians are to blame.

Israel has only taken advantage. It was Syria which had it's troops for years in Lebanon, it was Syria which was involved in killing of the popular PM Hariri.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
If you have to blame someone on the present state of Lebanon then the Syrians and to a lesser extent the Iranians are to blame.

Israel has only taken advantage. It was Syria which had it's troops for years in Lebanon, it was Syria which was involved in killing of the popular PM Hariri.
Its mainly the big powers which are responsible for this as its even the battle ground of the cold war . Lebanon was invaded from one side by the Syrian Baathist regime backed by Soviet union and the other half was invaded by Israelis backed by NATO. Though the Syrians have left the Lebanon but Israelis are still occupying Lebanese land and do time to time air and ground violations in front of the UN peace keeping forces .

sob

Mod
Country flag
I agree with the big power game. But again I will say that if Israel invaded Lebanon and carved a safe zone because the sovereign territory of Lebanon was being used by Hezbollah and other terror groups to attack Israel.

Syria send it's troops into Beirut and continues to interfere in the internal affairs of the country, including carrying our assassination of a top political leader. Further Syria went with it's eyes wide open in Lebanon (with the Russian help), it cannot play the victim card here.

The only patient on the table is Lebanon.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
I agree with the big power game. But again I will say that if Israel invaded Lebanon and carved a safe zone because the sovereign territory of Lebanon was being used by Hezbollah and other terror groups to attack Israel.
First thing , Hezbollah and other groups came into existence because of the Israeli occupation of Lebanon and even the UN peace keeping forces are fed up of Israeli air and land violations .

Syria send it's troops into Beirut and continues to interfere in the internal affairs of the country, including carrying our assassination of a top political leader. Further Syria went with it's eyes wide open in Lebanon (with the Russian help), it cannot play the victim card here.
Syrian troops entered Lebanon on the invitation of Christian President of Lebanon during that time when state of Lebanon was on the verge of defeat by the Sunni - Shia alliance led by Musa al-Sadr because of the undemocratic system . Soviets were completely behind the Syrians in that invasion along with the French and during that time Syrian Baathist soldiers were killing Amal/Hezbollah members and instead of routing out Israelis from South Lebanon , Syrian Baathists let the Israelis to continue the occupation of Lebanon .

The only patient on the table is Lebanon.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles