Is Israel India's only ally?

Aayush

The US wants its own benefit.
The russians just want money.And they are also building their relations with china and pak.
France too wants money(remember calling us to their national day to get an advantage in MMRCA?)
Israel is fearless and doesnt push us too hard to buy their arms and also is anti-pak.
And if we go to war with pak,their whole support
will be for us.

It did not condemn our nuke test and also appreciated us saying india's reason to get nukes was the same as theirs.
Do you guys agree that Israel is our only ally?

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Israel is NOT our ally. In fact India has no ally. Only friends.

BTW Israel is in the money making business. It will sell to china as well. It nearly sold Phalcons to china when the US stopped it.

Blackwater

The russians just want money.And they are also building their relations with china and pak.
France too wants money(remember calling us to their national day to get an advantage in MMRCA?)
Israel is fearless and doesnt push us too hard to buy their arms and also is anti-pak.
will be for us.

It did not condemn our nuke test and also appreciated us saying india's reason to get nukes was the same as theirs.

R u sure Russia want relation with pak for money. I think that money is the only thing pak does not have lolllllllll
:taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt::scared2::scared2:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
will be for us.
You are wrong, the Russians are not in it only for money, they are there to increase their geo-strategic sphere of influence, as is every major military power on earth including India. Hence the flirtations with Pakistan and proximity to China. Obviously one cannot equate USSR with Russia as Russia is seldom seen mingling with 'The West'. They were ofcourse, compelled to condemn our test as they were signatories of CTBT, but that hardly makes them any less friendly.
Israel- Well, Israel is not fearless, infact it is one of the most coward countries on earth. You'll see in history, it is the cowards who were the first to shout "Off with his head" as anything and everything which appears to defy their pre-conceived sense of superiority scares them. They are not confident about their own powers and capabilities and have to continuously rely on rhetoric to keep others at a distance. That is the same reason the only ally they have is another country like theirs, the US.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Nooo not Russia as far as i know, Russia is our all time friend and not even Israel can match them. More over India still not taking part in most global problems so we have no allies when our influence increase in global problems then we will have allies and also enemy's (Leave Pak they always be there).

blueblood

Israel- Well, Israel is not fearless, infact it is one of the most coward countries on earth. You'll see in history, it is the cowards who were the first to shout "Off with his head" as anything and everything which appears to defy their pre-conceived sense of superiority scares them. They are not confident about their own powers and capabilities and have to continuously rely on rhetoric to keep others at a distance. That is the same reason the only ally they have is another country like theirs, the US.
That's a steaming pile of bullshit. Israel can be called money minded or self centered but coward, heck no. It takes balls of steel to be where Israel is right now. "Bending over and taking it" does not exist in Hebrew dictionary post 1947.

arya

Country flag
well israel is one of the friend we have but vey dismayed i am saying we are not using our friend ship, chin bully us but now its time when we have to show them that will be dreaded result for them

addiction

allies are required when you have global aspiration and leading a global issue....India is a founder state of NAM, so we need only friends not allies!

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
With me, the concept of friends or allies doesn't work, nor do I believe in any such thing, certainly not till the time India is in it for the slot of being a hyper power, and for now we remain far from it. India neither has allies, nor friends, all that we are doing is, wherever possible, and to whatever extent possible, we are aligning our interests with others, but it also means, with one country we might align our interests on one issue, but there remains no certainty that we will align our other interests as well with them on other issues where we don't see eye to eye, and so in the Indian foreign diplomacy, we don't have the concept of allies or friends.

By the way, what we are doing is what is termed as pursuing an "independent foreign policy". Would rather term our relations with other nations as strategic partnerships, with a common agenda here and there, and that's about it. The reason for using this term "strategic partnership" is because this term by now is a hugely misused term with little significance, so one might just use it with the relevance of earlier days lost.

Is Israel an ally? With all due respect to Israel for what it is, and for all that it has done for us, the answer remains, no, it is not.

Let the US and EU lift the arms embargo on China, and see how Israel starts to develop a much stronger partnership with China. The stakes are way too high for Israel to not make use of the opportunity if ever presented, though they already have pretty decent relations with them. China is a definite hyper power of tomorrow, will Israel ever miss on them? No, never.

Let the Pakistanis get over with their obsession of Palestine, let them shed their hatred for Israel, and see the immediate impact, as such Israel and Pakistan have a relationship, much remains on lines of what India and Israel had before our two countries developed the diplomatic relations in 90s, though for now it all remains in the closet. Pakistan, a nuke power, an Islamic country with a significant say in the Islamic world, if opportunity comes by, again Israel wont miss this bus. It will be a need based relationship.

My contention about foreign relations is always one of not getting emotional, but be practical, know the reason why the other is hooked to you, and make the most of the situation.

If we prioritize, today our 3 strongest strategic partnerships are with Russia, the USA, and Israel, and in pretty much the same order, with France itching up to join at number 4 slot, but there is still some time for it.

Since you labeled our relationship with Russia as just for money, I might just say, a lot of stuff we do with Russia doesn't remain in public domain, what we have with Russia remains unparalleled with any other country. You can be reasonably sure, each time the PM and Russian prez catch up, there are good number of secret documents signed, which remain very strategic in nature, and strategic in every sense of the word, unlike how the word is misused these days, though there remains no rhetoric or hype around it, so folks, like you and I, don't find it appealing enough.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
R u sure Russia want relation with pak for money. I think that money is the only thing pak does not have lolllllllll
:taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt::scared2::scared2:
They have lot of Zakat money in petro dollars and money paid by USA and west for their mercenary services !

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Man i really hate these strategic illiterates on the net, first Russia was our best friend, then Putin was our best friend, then Israel is our BESTEST friend. :facepalm:

What part of business and common strategic interests dont they understand? There are no friend with nations only common strategic interests. USA and Europe are friends because they share the same strategic goals, once that is lost USA will even attack UK. I am not jokeing, once the Europeans where the most famous for butchering themselves for hundreds of years.

This is not your high school where the kid who lend you a sharpener or pencil becomes your BESTEST friend then you walk around till the end of that year calling your self Best friends.

We are only friends with Russia because Europe hates their undemocratic mindset and they are out of cash to fund their defense industry and we because of DRDOs many failures are looking around for weapons with no strings attached, so we end up besting with Russia. Our stratergic goals are also similar to Russia.

Last edited:

SLASH

how can we have any allies when we do not have any firm stand on geo-political issues. Till date we have stayed away from any alliance. During the Soviet Era we could consider USSR as an ally, but now we have only strategic partners. Alliances mostly form during war or Cold war like situations.

Aayush

My grandfather( he was the private secretary of late R. Venkatraman) told me once that the USSR had a policy of "war on India = war on USSR"
USSR could have been called an ally?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
In this world of greed for money, water and other resources there are no fiends and allies..........

Nirvana

My grandfather( he was the private secretary of late R. Venkatraman) told me once that the USSR had a policy of "war on India = war on USSR"
USSR could have been called an ally?
Thing's have changed since the cold war

Nirvana

In International Politics,there are no Permanent Allies or foes , It's all about strategic Interest you have to go with

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
After MMRCA, France is our b!tch .

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
By the way if our economy tanks, all our allies will turn our enemies. Sustained economic growth is the only reason for the world warming up to us, they all want a pie.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
That's a steaming pile of bullshit. Israel can be called money minded or self centered but coward, heck no. It takes balls of steel to be where Israel is right now. "Bending over and taking it" does not exist in Hebrew dictionary post 1947.
Yeah, right, it does take balls of steel to assasinate people (not that I sympathize with any of those Hamas terrorists). Cowards have people assasinated as they cannot afford or are too scared to be publicly seen as the killers of someone. If they are so ballzy and potent as you claim why don't they just blow 'nuclear' Iran into bits with their hidden nuclear warheads developed in nuke plants where the IAEA has been constantly denied access unlike Iran, which wants to cooperate with IAEA till date.
Well you can call Israel a lot of things but COWARD is not one of them.
When 'mighty' Israel gets scared of 'nuclear' Iran, which is many times less aggressive than the Zionists, one cannot help but call them Cowards. Ofcourse, other cowards may disagree.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles