Is ISI playing double agent for USA?

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I have always wondered why USA wants to keep Pakistan in their camp in spite of backstabbing for the last 15 years. Are they using ISI to spy on China? Some where my gut feeling says that this is one of the reason for their strategic friendship.

How will China react once they find out? Will they sweep it under the carpet or stop the economic aid?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I don't think so. Especially given the fact that ISI directly financed & organized a bombing on CIA officials in pakistan. I think it was in 2001.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I don't think so. Especially given the fact that ISI directly financed & organized a bombing on CIA officials in pakistan. I think it was in 2001.
I have already stated in the post about backstabbing by Pakistan ISI and Army but the question still remains , what benefits does USA get by spending over $15 billion? There has to be some kind of value that they are getting out of them otherwise they would have left Pakistan on their own.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I have already stated in the post about backstabbing by Pakistan ISI and Army but the question still remains , what benefits does USA get by spending over $15 billion? There has to be some kind of value that they are getting out of them otherwise they would have left Pakistan on their own.
e.g. Not so long back when they wanted a base for wars against afghanistan and iraq, pakistan gave it to them. Also, they realize that no other country in the region (Indian subcontinent) would do that for USA. Especially not India, not ever. In their interests to somehow counter and surround China, pakistan is their best bet.

Paki land provides them with a convenient location to wage war in all directions of asia. And places where they cannot reach, they South Korea for that.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
I have always wondered why USA wants to keep Pakistan in their camp in spite of backstabbing for the last 15 years. Are they using ISI to spy on China? Some where my gut feeling says that this is one of the reason for their strategic friendship.
1. They need Pak for logistics support for their troops in Afghanistan through Chaman and Turkham which is the shortest route.

2. They need Pakistan and their terror cohorts like the Haqqanis to keep the Russians from coming back to Afghanistan.

3. They need to keep their influence intact in Pakistan to prevent that rogue nation from falling apart which may then result in the takeover by Jihadis and that country's nukes.

4. Due to the 'deeper than the ocean' Sino-Pak relations, it is an interlocutor between the US and China, for whatever it's worth.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles