Is India (BECOMING) a colony of China?

panduranghari

.. he then goes on to describe the ever increasing imbalance in the balance of payments again not necessary to say in who's favour .
If you could kindly read a post I just made here may be you can see a different point of view?

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/economy-infrastructure/35581-should-india-pass-legislation-regarding-trade-china.html#post484662

Also China is exploiting the globe doing this from Africa to the Arctic. I doubt India would/could do much to stop that.

If it is of solace, India is the biggest importer of gold. Gold is real money.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/economy-infrastructure/35336-indias-credit-rating-almost-junk-2.html#post482110

The future is bright for India. I personally believe gold will be the thing which will buy oil. OIL is pivotal to every aspect of our life. Without oil everything shuts down.

I saw a movie in 2009 called Collapse. I encourage everyone to go out and buy it.

Here is a trailer for your consumption;

[video=youtube_share;WAyHIOg5aHk]http://youtu.be/WAyHIOg5aHk[/video]

Thanks for reading.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
What a load of rubbish!
But if Indians keep this mindset, their country will, as it had been for hundred of years under the British,indeed become a colony of any country that India deals with。
Accept the fact that Indians can't compete。
Sit and do nothing or cry like a baby will only serve to show what a laughingstock of the world India is。
your comments are the one tht are rubbish
the article asksa question and it is intended to generate answers and generate thinking , not insults from unwelcome chicoms
there is no cry babby as what you claim
this is flaming or worse ..... other than my reply to this post , it should be IGNORED !

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
sir, cir is makeing his own post, own idea from him which should be welcome, .
what i would welcome is a healthy debate preferably based on facts , if not based on facts then one has to be polite about it and state that it's an opinion .... what we do not want is name-calling and the like ... unfortunately he has resorted t the latter
his colleague "iceberg" (?) on the other hand has debated in line with the norms .

no smoking

Country flag
your comments are the one tht are rubbish
the article asksa question and it is intended to generate answers and generate thinking , not insults from unwelcome chicoms
there is no cry babby as what you claim
this is flaming or worse ..... other than my reply to this post , it should be IGNORED !
The article not only asked question, but also tries to bring some political factors into a normal economic discussion.

Yes, india is in disadvanage position in sino-india trade. But there is one thing make it different from British colony history:

All the transactions between india and china is based on free will of both sides. There is no gun pointing on your head.

The reason that india get into this kind of trading relationship is not that chinese forces inda to do so, just because india need it.

India still lags far behind in Manufacturing, its industry cannot satisfies its demands. So, india can cut its trading with china at any time, the only result is that india would turn to another foreign supplier and has the same trading situation.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
What a load of rubbish!

But if Indians keep this mindset, their country will, as it had been for hundred of years under the British,indeed become a colony of any country that India deals with。

Accept the fact that Indians can't compete。

Sit and do nothing or cry like a baby will only serve to show what a laughingstock of the world India is。
Now why do you have your panties in a bunch?

I mean seriously, all your posts are about attitude of Indians and how resilient the Chinese are, you need to ask your handler for more points..work for those 50 cents.

kickok1975

India and China should trade more, not less. Current 72billion bilateral trade volume is still considered amateur compare to the potentials of what both countries can do.
India may complain the 27billion current trade deficit with China. But it's just a small clip in our 3000 years business relationship most part of which was pleasant. No country will gain surplus from today's China if they are not more competitive. India is like China in term of population, but is still lag a bit in terms of developments which result in less efficiency, less productive and less execution. India could catch up by heavily invest domestic infrastructure and manufacturing base. It takes years to do so instead of authors "a few years". But India can achieve it by strong will and determination.

cir

India's service sector is losing its sheen

Last updated on: April 30, 2012 12:40 IST

China has overtaken India [ Images ] in global commercial services exports, says trade economist Suparna Karmakar.

The writing on the wall is gradually becoming clearer. India's service sector prowess is already under challenge, and will be entirely overshadowed unless our policymakers wake up from their current complacent slumber, and pretty quickly at that.

India's service sector is losing its sheen - Rediff.com Business

kickok1975

For the same taken, China could lose her manufacturing competitiveness if we are rely on labor intensive manufacturing instead of upgrade and innovation. It poses same kind of challenge.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
All the transactions between india and china is based on free will of both sides. .
th eauthor implies that it may not be so .... he alludes to some illegal mining for prc and some illegal buying iitiaed by the prc entities

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
If you could kindly read a post I just made here may be you can see a different point of view?
the mention of "you " a couple of times ..... i hope it's not me ? ..... i hope you meant everyone in general ?
perhaps partly my omission of not mentioning that the views of the author of the article i quoted are not necessarily "my" views .
in many international fora , they usually add that caveat .

from my point of view an article is mentioned as a reference point, for discussion on an "open forum" ...where commments should be made in an impersonal manner

but perhaps this forum is too open and we attract a lot of folks especially from certain countries who fail to respect or even appreciate the norms of an open forum ´´....lowers the quality of the ambience

but any way thanks for participating on a thread which i started.

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Seems like there is a lot of talk going about balance of payments and a myth surrounding positive BoP for Chinese.

No one should give a shit about what the trade balance is with a specific country be it China or anyone else. Especially China should be last thing on our mind--they make cheap consumer goods, which is not a dependence on their economy in any way. So, there is no point of becoming their colony. If we find a better way to make them or import them, we would do it. Anyway a lot of manufacturing is shifting to other east Asian countries and Bangladesh.

As far as trade sanction rhetoric goes, it does not make sense guys. This way we are just going to empower our babus too much. Some of you might support the recent decision in the budget to increase excise duty on gold. In the past it led to Dawood making big fortunes out of this gold smuggling. Read here: Return to responsibility

If arbitrage is possible, people are going to engage into it..legally or illegally. The choice is ours to engage in this protectionism mind-game or go for improving ourselves and build a knowledge economy.

I would again repeat: its the overall BoP for India which matters and not that related to a specific country. Currently everyone still trades with dollars, so should not be a problem, unless BRICS find another way to trade. Then we might think a bit about specific BoP.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
th eauthor implies that it may not be so .... he alludes to some illegal mining for prc and some illegal buying iitiaed by the prc entities
Does chinese government organise people to do illegal mining in india? No.

Does India government have the power to cut it? Obviously yes.

So, india government has the free will to cut this illegal trading at any time.

By the way, you can just say india is china's colony because of illigal trading. As we know, there is lots of smuggling of india diamonds into southeast asia, can we say india is the colony of these countries as well?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In that case, even some of your close allies are hostile to you since they are selling weapons to Pakistan.

I am not aware of China has supplied nuke tech to Pakistan after they signed the NPT..
China was the last nuclear power to sign the NPT in 1992. Two years after joining the NPT, China transferred 5,000 ring magnets to Islamabad in 1994 to sustain the Pakistani centrifuge operations in a clear violation of the NPT

panduranghari

the mention of "you " a couple of times ..... i hope it's not me ? ..... i hope you meant everyone in general ?
perhaps partly my omission of not mentioning that the views of the author of the article i quoted are not necessarily "my" views .
in many international fora , they usually add that caveat .

from my point of view an article is mentioned as a reference point, for discussion on an "open forum" ...where commments should be made in an impersonal manner

but perhaps this forum is too open and we attract a lot of folks especially from certain countries who fail to respect or even appreciate the norms of an open forum ´´....lowers the quality of the ambience

but any way thanks for participating on a thread which i started.
It was a generalised 'you' not specifically 'you'.

I personally do not subscribe to the original authors view about the whole India being a colony of China. The article was the one I was discussing. I did give credence to your opinion. I just did not address it very specifically.

satish007

China was the last nuclear power to sign the NPT in 1992. Two years after joining the NPT, China transferred 5,000 ring magnets to Islamabad in 1994 to sustain the Pakistani centrifuge operations in a clear violation of the NPT
What' I most dislike this forum is a good thead often led to nuke each other, are Indian and Chinese mad?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
What' I most dislike this forum is a good thead often led to nuke each other, are Indian and Chinese mad?
i think i know what you mean ... and indeed i have once or twice written along those lines and some measures so avoid it .. im not agaisnt the prc members but too often for the good of this forum it led to a two-way "nukeing" and off-topic as you seem to have described it ...that is why i suggested less prc participation and more effort to invite persons from other countries eg phillippines, usa , vietnam , japan , korea , perhaps burma if possible, malaysia and indeed the european nations to join us ....that way any untoward blindspots by our indian and nri members would be countered but in a more appropriate way

to prove my point of unbias against any country, prc member " no-smoking " in a few posts above wrote what i feel was a fair piece and that kind is fine .

pmaitra

Don't take it personally. It is all at the spur of the moment. In principle, my PoV is closer to yours, but then we don't want a sedentary forum, do we? ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Old chap I was merely correcting the fallacious statement made that China never proliferated after they signed the NPT.

False claims require correction, what ho?

You conveniently disregard this of your compatriot:

Quote Originally Posted by ice berg View Post
In that case, even some of your close allies are hostile to you since they are selling weapons to Pakistan.

I am not aware of China has supplied nuke tech to Pakistan after they signed the NPT..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles