Is Hindi an imposed language in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I've personally lived in many non-Hindi states and travelled to even more, yet to come across a place where people could not understand bare minimum Hindi to be able to get the job done. Now obviously, I haven't travelled to a lot of remote villages, so can't speak for those.

Never understood why people have such a chip on their shoulder about Hindi. Too brain washed by their politicians probably. Or perhaps, it just a matter of ego.

I personally don't care if Hindi is the official language but calling it an imposition is just retarded. If English is to be the common language to communicate, so be it.

As some one said, English is a simple language and much easier to learn as compared to Sanskrit. However, I'd also encourage people to learn as much Sanskrit as they can, its perhaps the most scientific language in the world.

But people just chill out, no one really cares enough impose Hindi on you. It's just the cheap politics of regional parties, particularly DMK and the like.

If the people of the south fall for this decades old tactics, they deserve these looters who play on this non-issue.

Sourav Kumar

Never understood why people have such a chip on their shoulder about Hindi. Too brain washed by their politicians probably. Or perhaps, it just a matter of ego.
Can't talk for other people but I don't like Hindi because Hindi speaking people are inherently rude and a bit barbarian by their culture/upbringing/ nature. The frequency with which Hindi speaking people use MC/BC is unmatched in India. Of course I can back myself up by referring to the autobiography of a famous industrialist of Birla family (I have forgot exactly what his name was but he was from one of the Birla branches that was settled in then Calcutta). This famous/knowledgeable/rich Birla man wrote in his autobiography that after spending a part of his childhood in Calcutta, he and his brother were shifted to a school somewhere in North India (a Hindi zone). These two Birla kids had a horrible time there since even though they were the Birlas, they were cultured by refined Bengali nature and they just could not accept/ deal with the barbarians of North India. And simply speaking, I will never accept the language of half-barbarians as National Language of India.

On top of that, there is a fumbling Hindi speaking group of "Rashtra Bhasha" bullshit. That's another politics perpetuated by Hindi speaking people and Hindi speaking politicians.

I personally don't care if Hindi is the official language but calling it an imposition is just retarded. If English is to be the common language to communicate, so be it.
You don't care. I trust you. I don't trust North Indians who are half-barbarians and their politicians.

But people just chill out, no one really cares enough impose Hindi on you. It's just the cheap politics of regional parties, particularly DMK and the like.
I care. Hindi was imposed on me when i was class 5. Though I was in a Bengali medium school, we were taught Hindi in class 5 but there was no English in class 5. I don't know who imposed this but it was indeed imposed!

Also when I was young I saw on central govt TV channel (Hindi channel that is), they were showing that some Tamil kids were blabbering about the glories of Hindi like "Hindi gyan ki bhasha hai, Hindi vigyan ki bhasha, HIndi yeh hai, Hindi woh hai". So, yes, i don't know if DMK was controlling the content of that TV channel.

"Hindi Gyan Ki Bhasha Hai": LOL. Kaunsa gyan hai bhai, jo dusro bhasa mein nahi hai :D

Hindi as a language will never get any respect by spreading falsehood and on the claim that just because the number of Hindi speaking/ undestanding people is highest, it must be the identity of India. If numbers were to decide everything, we should have just sticked to Java lanaguage!

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
There is something very otherworldly about Sanskrit.

नमस्ते,
Firstly, thank you for this song for "Mad Dog", as that is what is meant by the name "Alarka" whiih queen chose for her fourth son.

Secondly the original story and verses are from Brahmandpuran ब्रह्माण्डपुराणं and not the sexy video claims. Sanskrit chanting is an art much so when it comes to singing, bound in meters and limited by three swaras only.

शुद्धोऽसि रे बाल न तेऽस्ति नाम कृतं हि वै तत कल्पनयाधुनैव ।
पञ्चात्मकं देहमिदं न तेऽस्ति त्वं वास्य रे रोदिषि कस्य हेतोः ॥ (१)
न वै भवान रोदिति विश्वजन्मा शब्दोऽयमासाद्य महीसमूहम ।
विकल्प्यमानो विविधैर्गुणार्थैः गुणाश्च भूताः सकलेन्द्रियेषु ॥ (२)
भूतानि भूतोपरि दुर्बलानि वृद्धिं समायान्ति तथेह पुंसाम ।
अन्नाम्बुदानादिभिरेककस्य न तेऽस्ति वृद्धिर्न च तेऽस्ति हानिः ॥ (३)
त्वं कञ्चुके सज्यमानो निजेस्मिन्नस्मिंश्च देहे मूढतां न व्रजेथाः ।
शुभाशुभैः कर्मभिर्देहमेनं मदाभिमूढैः कञ्चुकेऽस्मिन्पिनद्धः ॥ (४)
तातेति किञ्चित्तनयेति किञ्चित अम्बेति किञ्चिदपितेति किञ्चित ।
तवेति किञ्चिन्न ममेति किञ्चिद्भौतेषु सर्वं मुहुरालयेथाः ॥ (५)
दुःखञ्च दुःखोपशमं शमाय भोगाय जानाति विमूढचेताः ।
तान्येव दुःखानि पुनः सुखानि जानाति विद्वानविमूढचेताः ॥ (६)
सहोत्थितं दर्शनमक्षियुग्मं अत्युज्ज्वलं तत्कलुषं वसायाः ।
कुचोऽति पीनं पिशितं घनं तत्स्थानं ततः किन्नरकं न योषित ॥ (७)
यानं क्षितौ यानगतं च देहं देहेऽपिचान्यः पुरुषो निविष्टः ।
ममत्वमथ्याॅन्न तथा यथा स्वे देहेऽतिमात्रं च न मूढतैषा ॥ (८)

Kra

Can't talk for other people but I don't like Hindi because Hindi speaking people are inherently rude and a bit barbarian by their culture/upbringing/ nature. The frequency with which Hindi speaking people use MC/BC is unmatched in India. Of course I can back myself up by referring to the autobiography of a famous industrialist of Birla family (I have forgot exactly what his name was but he was from one of the Birla branches that was settled in then Calcutta). This famous/knowledgeable/rich Birla man wrote in his autobiography that after spending a part of his childhood in Calcutta, he and his brother were shifted to a school somewhere in North India (a Hindi zone). These two Birla kids had a horrible time there since even though they were the Birlas, they were cultured by refined Bengali nature and they just could not accept/ deal with the barbarians of North India. And simply speaking, I will never accept the language of half-barbarians as National Language of India.

On top of that, there is a fumbling Hindi speaking group of "Rashtra Bhasha" bullshit. That's another politics perpetuated by Hindi speaking people and Hindi speaking politicians.

You don't care. I trust you. I don't trust North Indians who are half-barbarians and their politicians.

I care. Hindi was imposed on me when i was class 5. Though I was in a Bengali medium school, we were taught Hindi in class 5 but there was no English in class 5. I don't know who imposed this but it was indeed imposed!

Also when I was young I saw on central govt TV channel (Hindi channel that is), they were showing that some Tamil kids were blabbering about the glories of Hindi like "Hindi gyan ki bhasha hai, Hindi vigyan ki bhasha, HIndi yeh hai, Hindi woh hai". So, yes, i don't know if DMK was controlling the content of that TV channel.

"Hindi Gyan Ki Bhasha Hai": LOL. Kaunsa gyan hai bhai, jo dusro bhasa mein nahi hai :D

Hindi as a language will never get any respect by spreading falsehood and on the claim that just because the number of Hindi speaking/ undestanding people is highest, it must be the identity of India. If numbers were to decide everything, we should have just sticked to Java lanaguage!
You forgot to mention that most hindi speaking people don't actually speak hindi. They speak a mix of Urdu, English and their local dialect. And that mc/BC is Haryanvi/Punjabi/delhiwala influence. People don't speak like that in places like Uttarakhand . I won't respond to your point about north Indians being half barbarians since it obviously comes from a place of butthurt.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I've personally lived in many non-Hindi states and travelled to even more, yet to come across a place where people could not understand bare minimum Hindi to be able to get the job done. Now obviously, I haven't travelled to a lot of remote villages, so can't speak for those.

As some one said, English is a simple language and much easier to learn as compared to Sanskrit. However, I'd also encourage people to learn as much Sanskrit as they can, its perhaps the most scientific language in the world.

If the people of the south fall for this decades old tactics, they deserve these looters who play on this non-issue.
You are talking of the people and to the people who have been built, organised and sustained as a group to remain distinct and separate from others. Learn to hate others, not amalgamate them and function as a distinct class to enable one particular kind of politics to sustain.

You are addressing an issue of national integration, of being one to people fifty percent and for non Hindi Non Sanskrita people seventy percent of whom love their status of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled tribe and OBC. They demand the they retain that status and should not be pulled out of their psychological asylum even at the cost of they being offered post of temple priests. One would take me to the court if I call someone a Chamar but will falaunt that name on his certificate and demand special status.

The society is so badly divided for political purposes that even if you declare them "Agnihotras" or pure Aryanas, they will never except it. In fact many others like Jat and Gujjars will get killed on railway tracks to be labelled as a low caste or OBC. So the race is on.

They do not realise that it is not the language but the hold over the language, the mastery over the language that holds sway. Even in Tamil Nadu or Bengal, the mastery of language always remains with Brahmins. It will alwyas remain with higher castes because they make more economical or practical uses of the language. When it comes to the local language, they think they are masters of it. Then their class struggle or class struggle theory goes for a toss.

So the wise men in politics find another herd of sheeps to follow them in anti language campaign. As if their local alnguage will make them all IAS and IPS officers... That is what they think..

Then there are absolute Ghonchu Bhadralokas who just before East India Comany were being had left right and center in Urdu or Persian. They had no book, no culture, no literature... nothing at all to their credits. Whatever they had was old sanskrit literature written down in Bengali script. British screwed them for two hundred more years than others and that is the reason they claim to be cultured.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

You're using profanity used by some as a basis for terming a group of millions as barbarians. Not a good approach. Reeks of inferiority complex.

I could castigate the land of Bengal as one of barbarians based on the sheer political violence, but I was brought up better than that.

That's like saying History was imposed on you when in school. By the way, I studied in an English medium school, had to take up a regional language for a couple of years. I chose Bengali, had a dreadful teacher, neither did I find the language interesting. Never thought of that as an imposition, just a part of silly Indian educational system.

So perhaps it's just you that has a complex about language.

Not sure what the problem is here. Were they denegrating any other language? If you want to glorify your mother-toungue, who's stopping you?

A language is great by itself, it does not need a certificate from you or anyone else. Numbers matter, that's democracy. Which is why as much as you may hate it, India is ruled by the Hindu belt and who they chose to elect.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
So butthurt , as always..... "Alarka"....
Butthurt....... Me? :hehe:
You are a MAN Child.
What can I say?
IMPORT waale dadu, please don't waste my time.
Lagta hai life Mein pareshani HAI tumhare.:biggrin2:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I do not know why but anti Hindi people never realise that Hindi is not a language of any group of people. But Hindi is close to about 30 north and middle India's languages - Right from Gurkhali of Nepal down to Marthas of Maharastra.
The majority speak Khari Boli, Rajasthani, Brij Bhasha, Avadhi, Bhojpuri, Poorbiya, Maithili, Bundeli, etc ect... But all can somehow link to Hindi..

Speaking Hindi for a Maithali guy can be as difficult as for a knnnadiga.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Butthurt....... Me? :hehe:
You are a MAN Child.
What can I say?
IMPORT waale dadu, please don't waste my time.
Lagta hai life Mein pareshani HAI.:biggrin2:
yeh .... otherwise you will prove anti Hindi people right by using good Banarasi Jaunpuri expletives.... Hai Na..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles