Is Hindi an imposed language in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabari

Brother, what makes you even think anybody is asking you to leave your language. I may not be tamil, but its history is my history and just like that, history of other states is yours too. I am proud of tamil language and its history, but don't make pride your ego. India is incomplete without histories of different regions.

Don't make such sweeping statements like this, think before you type.
If there is any sorry
India 60 year old? :noidea: Tamil 2000 year old? :noidea:

Are you saying that, India did not exist before 60 years? and Tamilnadu was not part of India before 60 years?

What you want to prove here?

Who has even asked Tamilians to leave Tamil and accept Hindi?

Hindi is an Indian language just like any other languages from different states. As I said before, Hindi as a language has been promoted to unite people so that, people with different tongues can communicate with each other using a unified language.

If you do not wish to learn or speak Hindi, it's up to you. Don't write absurd things...

BTW, I am a south Indian and hindi is not my mother tongue, that doesn't make me Hindi hater.
Many of you will not agree with me .but the fact is India is union of 300+ pluse country . I born in this union and I like this multiple culture union of country. But there is different in view of peaple from north and south
Eg :1972 india went to war to support Bengal peaple in east Pakistan. But in sri Lanka this India support januside connected by sri Lankan dogsdogs.even though Tamil peaple want India to intervention in lankan civil war .what happen is direct opposite India pay for srilankan weapons purchased from israil .more than 1lake peaple were kill by Lankan dogs.
India has started to care more about north and leave south,north east states need .which is not good for union .why does Hindi should be link language when there is English which we are now using even now .ask your self it is just your mentality there is no real need for that

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Well, all of us will fight over the bridge language to be used in India. No surprise, we all use English and in the long run will lose all native languages due to English seeping in all local languages.

But do we have easy solutions! No.

mikhail

Country flag
Also, how can Hindi be an imposed language when there are a lot of schools which opt not to teach Hindi to students? They only teach English and a local language.

This fact also proves my point quite sternly.
Nah,Hindi is often imposed on the students in my state(Bengal) against their wills.I remember that,we were given an option either to choose Sanskrit or Hindi as our 3rd language when i was in class-VI and except me and a couple of other guys nearly the entire class chose Sanskrit as their 3rd language.I chose Hindi because it is my mother's 1st language since her school days and hence i would get a lot of help from her in this subject but after all these years i regret about not choosing Sanskrit which is our holy language over Hindi at that time!!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Well, all of us will fight over the bridge language to be used in India. No surprise, we all use English and in the long run will lose all native languages due to English seeping in all local languages.

But do we have easy solutions! No.
He link language should be something we all have in common- something like Sanskrit. Sanskrit is the mother of all Indian languages, unlike Hindi which is nothing but a co language among different languages . i think we should have three language formula - 1. Local language for the state, 2. Sanskrit language for Nation, 3. English for the world. That I think would be acceptable to all. And I don't think we have to push this. We can make the 2. And 3. optional. That way no one can complain about forceful implementation of Sanskrit .

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Nah,Hindi is often imposed on the students in my state(Bengal) against their wills.I remember that,we were given an option either to choose Sanskrit or Hindi as our 3rd language when i was in class-VI and except me and a couple of other guys nearly the entire class chose Sanskrit as their 3rd language.I chose Hindi because it is my mother's 1st language since her school days and hence i would get a lot of help from her in this subject but after all these years i regret about not choosing Sanskrit which is our holy language over Hindi at that time!!
How is that imposing? They gave you an option didn't they? BTW, I chose Sanskrit too. Because I already knew enough Hindi.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
He link language should be something we all have in common- something like Sanskrit. Sanskrit is the mother of all Indian languages, unlike Hindi which is nothing but a co language among different languages . i think we should have three language formula - 1. Local language for the state, 2. Sanskrit language for Nation, 3. English for the world. That I think would be acceptable to all. And I don't think we have to push this. We can make the 2. And 3. optional. That way no one can complain about forceful implementation of Sanskrit .
Sanskrit is a difficult to learn language. Hindi is the closest substitute for it. Anyway, post independence Hindi has gotten rid of a large part of its urdu vocabulary. Whether you like it or not, Hindi is anyway a de-facto spoken language in large parts of India.

More than building a link language, states will do well to ensure graduate studies can be carried out in local language. It would help a lot of local people get higher degrees.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Be practical!.

Sanskrit speakers in India are hardly 2% and Hindi 60%+.

My only suggestion is why these northern Idiots never included even few words from Dravidian languages but import filthy vocab from Farsi&Arabic and propagate through another filth bollywood,ghazals etc.Even few hindi words are mixed in Telugu, it is one-way traffic. :frusty:

These North/Hindi belt are really shameless&idiots.
Because these northern idiots were ruled by Persians and not southerners. Learn some history!!

Btw, Hindi is throwing out Arabi/Farsi words at a pretty good rate.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Because these northern idiots were ruled by Persians and not southerners. Learn some history!!

Btw, Hindi is throwing out Arabi/Farsi words at a pretty good rate.
northern India and zororashtrians in persia had similar culture. That's why the mixing happened. It was prior to any invader.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
These North/Hindi belt are really shameless&idiots.
Watch your mouth my little Dravidian friend.

Because the next time when flood came and you got stranded there would be a jawan from hindi belt only who will save vellamma,Sunithha and Murugesh not RajnikantHa and he might get easily offended if you bad mouthed his people and the Land of his ancestors.

Also when you vomit about Hindi belt as an ignorant child and periyar fan,you not only insulting the people but 80% Hinduism as well.

What do you think the mother tounge of Lord Krishna - Brij Bhasha (Hindi belt) or people in Ayodhya - Avadhi (Hindi belt),Varanasi and Haridwar (Hindi belt) while most of puranic stories are based in Hindi belt,add meera, guru ramdas and other saints who wrote in Hindi.

But why am i even asking you loyalty towards India was questioned time 2 time since the time of periyar and LTTE.

Last edited:

Bornubus

I think we should ban Hindi as all Hindi speaking states are backward. We should instead promote Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu etc in that order so that India can be cured of backwardness.:truestory:
Plz don't disgrace gujratis i can't say about Maharashtra but gujratis are fond of Hindi,gujrati itself is similar to Hindi.

Gujrati is an Indo Aryan language like hindi,we also share our culture with them unlike non Aryan dravids.

Our current PM Modi speaks Hindi much better than Hindi speaker or a bihari Lalu.

J.A.

Militants
Every Indian can speak English. For 150 year ago when British was here every Indish learn English ??

Bornubus

If there is any sorry

Many of you will not agree with me .but the fact is India is union of 300+ pluse country . I born in this union and I like this multiple culture union of country. But there is different in view of peaple from north and south
Eg :1972 india went to war to support Bengal peaple in east Pakistan. But in sri Lanka this India support januside connected by sri Lankan dogsdogs.even though Tamil peaple want India to intervention in lankan civil war .what happen is direct opposite India pay for srilankan weapons purchased from israil .more than 1lake peaple were kill by Lankan dogs.
India has started to care more about north and leave south,north east states need .which is not good for union .why does Hindi should be link language when there is English which we are now using even now .ask your self it is just your mentality there is no real need for that
That's a BS story,indians spilled their blood for Lankan Tamils,remember operation Poolmalai,trained them secretly to resist Lankan forces,Prabhakaran spend his time in chakrata dehradoon where SFF are trained,Pakis and Lankans still embarrass us for that.

For a long time simhala pricks restrained from killing Tamils due to the pressure of india ,it was only after these tamils became suicide bombers and conspired in Tamil nadu and possible secession of T.N under a greater ilam that GOI pulled from other's mess.

Our allegiance lies with the people of India why would we care with Tamil Lankan who killed our PM,LTTE sympathizers still live here as refugees.

I would've said the same for Nepali Hindus.

raja696

I think we should ban Hindi as all Hindi speaking states are backward. We should instead promote Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu etc in that order so that India can be cured of backwardness.:truestory:
lol then every body should learn approx 4-5 languages... thats good for human brain... especially me... hehehe

I know we are one, realized this fact by looking at our fallen soldiers irrespective of our differences.

1) I questioned myself why our soldiers are dying fighting at borders with our external enemies to protect us?

(Thought what a great death they are having with a noble cause to protect the innocent.)

--Inside me I started asking why our soldiers sacrifice include even anti nationals, cowards, traitors.

--Then I thought what a waste of life and how dumb our soldiers are, thought they should have found some other job. Even went to an extent may be no jobbers join in Military.

some thing is not adding up and I started to think even deep.

I realized our soldiers believe in something of more beauty. All that they do is sacrifice there life for protection of (innocents +traitors) in our country. In this great valor they forgive traitors (who are willing to back-stab them any time) and protect them from external enemy. This very fact (forgiveness) would always give chill in my spine.

Dying for something even at a cost of forgiving an internal enemy has enlightened me ie the greater cause or good. Here it is INDIA or BHARAT.

As long as I and generations can remember this, no terror nor any covert country can do no harm to this great nation.

No Hindi nor south north differences can separate us from this binding force of a soldiers sacrifice.

Bornubus

First learn the difference b/w Tamil&Telugu(Andhra Pradesh).:pound: For your kind information 'T' in LTTE is TAMIL,Indira Gandi trained LTTE militants initially another Shameless northie.

@Sakal

I think from last 20yrs more&more farsi&arabic sh** included in Hindi by Bolly&gazals
I know what T in LTTE ,what is your point ?

And that northie was a lioness who wiped the floor of BD with Pakis,annexed siachen and made India a Nuclear power,initially trained to resist on the lines of mukti bahini of east Pakistan not like a muzzie terrorist who blew themselves up among children.

LTTE cadre was a disgrace on hinduism when they started killing innocents and destroyed Buddhist temples,because of them we have to embarrassed as terror supporters and Hindu terrorists.

Show some respect Dravidian when you talk about PM of India.

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
First learn the difference b/w Tamil&Telugu(Andhra Pradesh).:pound: For your kind information 'T' in LTTE is TAMIL,Indira Gandi trained LTTE militants initially another Shameless northie.

@Sakal

I think from last 20yrs more&more farsi&arabic sh** included in Hindi by Bolly&gazals
No. Bollywood gazals try to put in a lot of farsi but it has gone down since partition. Urdu was more common at that time.

For eg. In my area, old people will use jumeraat for braspativaar and juma for friday, but young people don't. There is still overlap but it has come down over years. I think now English words are becoming more common in Hindi.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Since OT mentioned me, I have to clear my stand on the issue. Hindi is NOT an imposed language, however in a section of society and administration, there is a TENDENCY to make efforts to impose it on non-Hindi speaking populace. Hindi has been spreading freely through out India on its own volition by the help of entertainment media primarily, but any effort to bring it on the top of other mainstream vernaculars by the govt., will alienate more people from using it and alienate from Hindi-speaking people from others. The same has already been observed in many places.

raja696

Since OT mentioned me, I have to clear my stand on the issue. Hindi is NOT an imposed language, however in a section of society and administration, there is a TENDENCY to make efforts to impose it on non-Hindi speaking populace. Hindi has been spreading freely through out India on its own volition by the help of entertainment media primarily, but any effort to bring it on the top of other mainstream vernaculars by the govt., will alienate more people from using it and alienate from Hindi-speaking people from others. The same has already been observed in many places.
I stopped watching Hindi movies because of bollywood anti national agendas and there haw-ala sponsors to nutty producers to make more such movies to please middle eastern countries. I have no problem with Hindi other than that

Bornubus

LOL do you think you are ARYAN and your fore fathers invaded India :pound:

Sanskrit is just indo-aryan language family we all are DRAVIDIANS. You just learned language,that's it.Like we are speaking English now as we become British!.

BTW IA is Indian Army not North Indian Army :rofl:LTTE is Tamil terrorist Org trained by IG govt majority are Xians.

PS I'm Telugu guy stop this non sense.
I don't know,you tell me who am i,but FYI i am a jamwal rajput and dogra rulers were our kins on clan basis so does several Sikhs,you are a Dravidian because you are a Telugu speaker,take pride in that instead of associating with Aryan heritage which has nothing in common with you.

Also,Indira Gandhi never trained ltte to suicide bombers to kill innocents so stop this crap already.

And why don't you know you study the composition of indian army from British times since 1947 their is little change in that.

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
where is this thread going?

This thread is no , Hindi, Malyali, Madrasi dick measuring debate... bc kya mazaak laga rakha hai?:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles