Is he a terrorist or President? who killed Indian soldiers on IPkF mission.!!!!

bhramos

Country flag

Please friends i need your valuable comments friends.
you must decide his character,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
I've a small request for all Indian Military lovers, hate LTTE, but dont support Rajpasha Government, as he himself fought IPKF soldiers and may have killed some Indian solders.............

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
As its very difficult to verify How &what happened towards the end of conflict OF LTTE war in may 2009 ,the end result was Its Leadership was duly eliminated on Mr Rajapaksha's Govt's strict orders though its been denied by him or army later .He also been implicated for the murder of one Newspaper editor in 2009 by his supporters for crticising the Govt.

It tells the kind of personality we are dealing with who has displayed a ruthless streak and a capacity to condone or overlook the use of violence if it served his political purposes.when war for Tamil autonomy is lost another system followedwhere Human rights are Trampled upon.Nonethless Im no fan of LTTE either.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I think we need to seriously consider our ties around our country. I know that we are almost semi-isolated but there is something called national dignity as well. Israel too has an isolated neighbourhood but its citizens can travel and live easily in some of the most prominent countries on earth that all desire to go someday to. Hence we should revalue our ties around our neighbourhood; Tag Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Mauritius, Burma and possibly Bangladesh and Tajikistan alongside while give boot to anyone who fancies themselves against us.

SL, China, Pakistan and Pak-sponsored Jamaati in Bangladesh aren't the only world around us.

Rajapakse seems to have been around in matters wherever hate attacks or crimes against Tamil people have been conducted. Our government should take this into consideration that our people were attacked and killed. We don't need backstabbing countries around us to be appeased. If we cannot get all our neighbours as friends, we select a few good ones and establish relations in Southeast and Fareast rather than wasting time around with jealous, tiny states who've chosen their "lord" already and that is PRC.

These countries will also have to keep stuff in mind that should they entertain PRC's military against us in their territory in case of any conflict, they will also be the target of Indian military's wrath.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I think we need to seriously consider our ties around our country. I know that we are almost semi-isolated but there is something called national dignity as well. Israel too has an isolated neighbourhood but its citizens can travel and live easily in some of the most prominent countries on earth that all desire to go someday to. Hence we should revalue our ties around our neighbourhood; Tag Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Mauritius, Burma and possibly Bangladesh and Tajikistan alongside while give boot to anyone who fancies themselves against us.

SL, China, Pakistan and Pak-sponsored Jamaati in Bangladesh aren't the only world around us.

Rajapakse seems to have been around in matters wherever hate attacks or crimes against Tamil people have been conducted. Our government should take this into consideration that our people were attacked and killed. We don't need backstabbing countries around us to be appeased. If we cannot get all our neighbours as friends, we select a few good ones and establish relations in Southeast and Fareast rather than wasting time around with jealous, tiny states who've chosen their "lord" already and that is PRC.

These countries will also have to keep stuff in mind that should they entertain PRC's military against us in their territory in case of any conflict, they will also be the target of Indian military's wrath.
In time these countries must be taught a lesson! Specially nepal and sri lanka.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Do people realize what a parasite nation Sri Lanka is?

Sometimes I wish we just supported LTTE and partitioned that God-forsaken island.

bhramos

Country flag
Do people realize what a parasite nation Sri Lanka is?

Sometimes I wish we just supported LTTE and partitioned that God-forsaken island.
we were supporting LTTE for some time, but Rajpaksha always brought Pak or China card in between when talks with India.
it means he always black mailed India.

Chinese arms, radar for Sri Lanka military

Sri Lanka`s military has inked several significant defence agreements with China, including those for the supply of modern radar and large quantities of ammunition, press reports said. The deals with Beijing come amid public statements from India expressing discontent with Colombo`s military ties to China and Pakistan. An order for Chinese radars is being routed through a company owned by Sri Lanka`s defence secretary, Gotabaya Rajapakse, reports also said. Meanwhile, India could provide training, spares and servicing support for Sri Lanka`s soon to be acquired Mig 29 jets.
http://www.lankanewspapers.com/news/2007/6/15568.html
Pak steps into India's shoes in Sri Lanka

With India reluctant to enhance defence cooperation with it, Sri Lanka [Images] has shown signs of turning towards Pakistan with a high-level defence delegation from Islamabad holding talks with senior officials in Colombo.

Pakistan Ordnance Factories chief Lt Gen Syed Sabahat Hussein held detailed discussions with Sri Lanka's security officials, including Defence Secretary and Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse's brother Gotabaya Rajapakse.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/jan/23ltte.htm
he is a good politician, he knew how to use the power for his country then Indians.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
^^^^ We are forgetting the Rajiv Gandhi factor, and Congresses full-fledged support for Rajapakse, all the talk about pakistan and China is sham, as even today we control all the air and sea routes in and around Sri Lanka, this BS is just to show the designs of UPA as a necessity/compulsion and not a nefarious design!

P.S: I don't support LTTE, however, plight and genocide of Tamils is a shameful reminder for all Indians about the hard facts of life, we may have internet, comps, satellite television et al, however, world is no different from what it was during Middle-ages, so always be prepared, as a meek enemy when gets an opportunity will strike you by using your own resources and SL is one such example!! With LTTE gone, now is the right time to tame this Genocidal Rajapkase (former 7/11 Convenience Store operator) and murderous SLA. What he is not realizing is that after LTTE is is gone and Sinhalese keep on persecuting and discriminating Tamils, he will create a monster worst than LTTE, if we see the history of SL, we will find that LTTE was a direct result of Sinhalese arrogance and torture perpetrated on Tamils in a systemic fashion by Sinhalese common and elite combine!

Last edited:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I hope this isnt just Tamil-Indians ranting. Stop saying things like this "Sometimes I wish we just supported LTTE and partitioned that God-forsaken island. ". Like come on, have good relations with all our neighbors. Dont act like a damn bully.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
^^^We have good relations with all our neighbors, save Pakistan! You could even say we have good relations with China, if you discount our border disputes. Our bilateral trade with China is larger than that of our Western "allies".

But even when we have good relations with all our neighbors, our neighbors still insist on undermining India in every way possible. If we act too interventionist, we are abused and deemed a "bully". If we act too passive, we are still abused and taken advantage of, as Bangladeshi immigrants and Sri Lankan fishermen have learned.

It is India's misfortune that our neighborhood is full of failed states. India's neighbors, despite nominally being our "friends", have no problem giving the Chinese docking rights and being the first to cry out against the so-called Indian "imperialism". So what should India, the poor hard-working baniya, do?

In two words: enlarge RAW. Plant articles in foreign newspapers. Support pro-India candidates so they rise to the top. Encourage political backlash against fundamentalist and anti-India factions. Infiltrate the very heart of the Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, and Nepali administrations and make them our effective satellite states.

Does that sound cruel? Welcome to Earth.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
My personal view is that we shouldn't care about citizens of other countries. Because thats what pakistan does because they think Indian muslims need saving which they dont and similarly Indian tamils think sri lankan tamils need saving which they did to a certain degree but LTTE wasn't the correct course of action.

S.A.T.A

India armed many Tamil militia's during the 80's and LTTE was one among them,its only that LTTE were more ruthlessly committed to the cause than anybody else and were equally ruthless in eliminating all opposition,Tamil,Sinhalese or Indian.India's hands off policy during the period of LTTE dominance of the NE regions was perhaps justified,but that can no longer be sustained.The Rajapaksha regime is intent on silencing all voice that seek devolution of power to Tamils in Tamil dominated regions of North eastern Srilanka.Achieving this devolution of power has been the commitment undertaken by the indian govt and we have to remain steadfast upon it.Srilankan Tamils may not be our citizen, but they are our people,through ties of blood and civilization.India cannot forsake them at the altar of political expediency,not when Tamil men,women and children are living in ghettos which have bee described as worse than Nazi run ghettos,where rape,violence,death and daily humiliation is the order of the day.We cannot allow this 'victors justice' any longer than we can afford.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If you go into blood relations then even sri lankan buddhist are our people along with whole of pakistan.

S.A.T.A

If you go into blood relations then even sri lankan buddhist are our people along with whole of pakistan.
They certainly are and will always be.However we Indians, who amongst all the fraternal siblings still hold on to the idea of civilizational nation state and hoping to come together again,its incumbent that we dont at cost tolerate one sibling butcher and annihilate another for a piece of real estate.This is why we had to intervene in East Bengal,its our moral duty to prevent one our own from persecuting another of our own.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles