Is Finland Really Getting Ready For War With Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jouni

Is that so? How realistic do you think the movie was?
I have not watched the movie myself, but a lot of our youth are boy scouts or do hunting as a hobby at a very young age, so it is not so far fetched that it could not happen in real life. I learned how to shoot shotgun when I was under two years old, but to master bow and arrow you must be around 12-13 years of age. Of course I did not shoot shotgun alone at two years old, but with the help of my father.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
I have not watched the movie myself, but a lot of our youth are boy scouts or do hunting as a hobby at a very young age, so it is not so far fetched that it could not happen in real life. I learned how to shoot shotgun when I was under two years old, but to master bow and arrow you must be around 12-13 years of age. Of course I did not shoot shotgun alone at two years old, but with the help of my father.
Dude Don't feel down. . .
The founder of my desktop OS is Finnish dude.

I am forever in debt to him. It extends to all finnish people.

jouni

There are three things:

1. Where the heart is.
2. Where the body is.
3. Where the server is.

DFI chooses a flag based on no. 3, which is usually linked to no. 2.
Heh, this new forum system is quite revealing..

flyingarg

This thread can serve as an amazing reminder of the kind of fantacies we weave about our defence forces. Irrespective of the nation.
Using a movie to berate a country's armed forces!! Calling an end of US suprimacy and hosting your website there(every one does that). Mocking a country for basking in its past glory (winter wars??)!! the irony, the weirdness and above all the off handed conclusions that everyone reaches here and with such conviction that would make our nations so so proud that they have acheived their goals. The goal of making unquestioning, easily lead gullible fools.

pmaitra

It must be really risky for you to be living in US, considering that the system there is on the verge of collapse. Thank you for warning us about that. Also people of Finland has been kept in the dark about the greatness of India and how it´s sovereignty has safeguard it´s success. Media here focuses too much about Indian huge amount of poor, it´s environmental problems and corruption... Also personally, if it wasn´t you and your likeminded friends, I would have never really understood the greatness of India and Russia. I understand the greatness of people and culture, but not the greatness of underdevelopment, corruption and in some cases kleptocracy.

ps. I am glad you changed your flag, not giving any misunderstandings...
There are plenty of posts on the economic situation in the US. Why don't you post your comments there? There was a recent issue about McDonald's minimum wage protests. Go, find that post, click the link, and read the comment section therein. Please stop derailing every thread.

Coming to culture and greatness thereof, to each his own. Some find ******ry as a great cultural trait. Some don't. Is this thread about culture? If so, I fail to see it.

apple

We have more Russian bleed hearts than Russia itself
Very much so, I'd call it "Gunga DIn-ism" although doubt Russians are even aware, nor would care, that they have fanbois in India.

Think the bigger problem here, with threads concerning Russia, is that the more angry, less mentally capable members seem to feel duty bound to post some moronic abuse.

There's plenty of forum members with a great deal of knowledge of Russia and have very nuanced opinions which they can express without rancour.

But you can see from this thread, apart from Power Monger and Flyingarg, who are't members I'm familiar with, all the posters on this thread are the same old faces writing the same vitriolic garbage they always come up with.

However if you are angry because a small nation might have irked our 'great russian friend', then there is nothing much to do for me but to smirk at you like one would smirk at an imbecile. It is a sovreign nation just as us. Every nation has the capability to make good learned decisions, and it would seem them more than us if we go by literacy rates.
The thing I find amazing is that Indians can be so supportive of a militarily aggressive country with delusions of being an Empire. From my understanding of Indian history, I could certainly understand if Indian's felt, some kind of, post colonial brotherhood with oppressed peoples. But, siding with the violent oppressor...

I read the headline as "Is Finaland really getting ready to be creamed by Russia?"
You really should try reading a history book sometime, might make your posts less ridiculous.

WHy do you have our beloved and sacred blue and white flag in your posts? Seems like every other poster here is suddenly a Finn?
Mullakin on siniristi nyt :)

jouni

This thread can serve as an amazing reminder of the kind of fantacies we weave about our defence forces. Irrespective of the nation.
Using a movie to berate a country's armed forces!! Calling an end of US suprimacy and hosting your website there(every one does that). Mocking a country for basking in its past glory (winter wars??)!! the irony, the weirdness and above all the off handed conclusions that everyone reaches here and with such conviction that would make our nations so so proud that they have acheived their goals. The goal of making unquestioning, easily lead gullible fools.
Good post, but do not forget that this forum is also partly entertainment and a way to for example to practice English. Also this show how similar people are from where ever they are originally or cultural etc background.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
The thing I find amazing is that Indians can be so supportive of a militarily aggressive country with delusions of being an Empire. From my understanding of Indian history, I could certainly understand if Indian's felt, some kind of, post colonial brotherhood with oppressed peoples. But, siding with the violent oppressor...
:bplease:Says the hypocrites who are supporting the oppressive neo nazis of Ukraine

You really should try reading a history book sometime, might make your posts less ridiculous.
You should do the same, considering Finland has always been a part of Sweden or Russia most of history.

apple

:bplease:Says the hypocrites who are supporting the oppressive neo nazis of Ukraine

You should do the same, considering Finland has always been a part of Sweden or Russia most of history.
Where have I said anything pro Ukrainian?

I've taken part with conversations with you before, guess you've forgotten I'm Australian.

That being said, I am qualified to teach History at Finnish high schools, so I don't need your advice on History.

Am also a qualified English teacher and can give you a tip. Using "has always been" and "most of" in the same phrase invalidates any point you're trying to make.

And anyway, Finland's never been part of Russia. Part of Sweden, sure, part of the Russian Empire, OK. But, Russia... no.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Where have I said anything pro Ukrainian?

I've taken part with conversations with you before, guess you've forgotten I'm Australian.
So what? Who said it was directed only at you? You were willing to generalise Indians supporting Russia as supporting "oppressive" Russians. I just showed the mirror to the western dingbats here who are supporting the Ukrainians. If you dont care about Ukraine, why the hell do you even care who Indians support? As far as Indians are concerned, its fight between two imperial nations - US and Russia and we are supporting our natural friend Russia - nothing more nothing less, seeing Russia is lesser of the two evils here.

Its always funny when westerners like you take some kind of moral high ground on these matters when there is none

Am also a qualified English teacher and can give you a tip. Using "has always been" and "most of" in the same phrase invalidates any point you're trying to make.
I dont give a fuck so long as you understood what I meant. Neither english is my mother tongue nor do I care enough to become an expert on it.

And anyway, Finland's never been part of Russia. Part of Sweden, sure, part of the Russian Empire, OK. But, Russia... no.
Semantics - still you got what I was trying to tell. So again no problem there.

apple

So what? Who said it was directed only at you? You were willing to generalise Indians supporting Russia as supporting "oppressive" Russians. I just showed the mirror to the western dingbats here who are supporting the Ukrainians. If you dont care about Ukraine, why the hell do you even care who Indians support? As far as Indians are concerned, its fight between two imperial nations - US and Russia and we are supporting our natural friend Russia - nothing more nothing less, seeing Russia is lesser of the two evils here.

Its always funny when westerners like you take some kind of moral high ground on these matters when there is none

I dont give a fuck so long as you understood what I meant. Neither english is my mother tongue nor do I care enough to become an expert on it.

Semantics - still you got what I was trying to tell. So again no problem there.
No,I didn't get what you said because, as I was pointing out, your statement was structurally ambiguous and all of the possible interpretations that could be drawn from it would indicate you were factually incorrect i.e. Finland's never been part of Russia.

As for the rest of your comment, I gather you weren't talking about me.

Good, I'll just ignore you then.

Stay on topic.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
No,I didn't get what you said because, as I was pointing out, your statement was structurally ambiguous and all of the possible interpretations that could be drawn from it would indicate you were factually incorrect i.e. Finland's never been part of Russia.
So if Russia renames itself to be Russian Empire, it can then annex Finland and call it a day then.

jouni

So if Russia renames itself to be Russian Empire, it can then annex Finland and call it a day then.
Actually Finland was Grand Duchy of RE, we kept own legistlation etc which were from Sweden. Also before that there was Sweden only, the concept of "Finland" came only when nationalism started after RE wanted to Russofize Grand Duchy of Finland. Maybe Apple can correct me.

alphacentury

Country flag
OT

Plot advice - A love angle between the two main characters would have done wonders . You could shit on the face of homophobic Russia , stand out as a shining example of western civilization and its values , . . ......might as well win the oscars .:pound:

apple

If they wanted to. But, unless Finland kept it's Parliament and legal system, as it did when it was an autonomous part of the Russian Empire, that wouldn't have any historical precedent.

And you're being ridiculous, which is goes well with your stupidity.

Actually Finland was Grand Duchy of RE, we kept own legistlation etc which were from Sweden. Also before that there was Sweden only, the concept of "Finland" came only when nationalism started after RE wanted to Russofize Grand Duchy of Finland. Maybe Apple can correct me.
I wouldn't, but you could say that.

Remember there was some Finn during that period who said something along the lines of "Russians we are not, Swede's we can't be, so let us be Finns"

jouni

If they wanted to. But, unless Finland kept it's Parliament and legal system, as it did when it was an autonomous part of the Russian Empire, that wouldn't have any historical precedent.

I wouldn't, but you could say that.

Remember there was some Finn during that period who said something along the lines of "Russians we are not, Swede's we can't be, so let us be Finns"
I am talking purely from juristic legal point of view, because I know how holistic our Indian friends are in keeping the correct details. Culturally of course I know that we have been Finns since the times of Finnish Kingdoms. ;)

jouni

OT

Plot advice - A love angle between the two main characters would have done wonders . You could shit on the face of homophobic Russia , stand out as a shining example of western civilization and its values , . . ......might as well win the oscars .:pound:
The boy was 13 for god´s sake! Some limit to humor also.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

Of course I was being ridiculous. How else am I supposed to deal with your stupidity(or is it deliberate obfustication) ? But I don't expect anything less from a US lapdog :bplease:

In case your stupid brain could not handle what I was saying here is the expanded version

You said Indians talking about Finland should learn history. I just replied that would only work in favour of Indians arguing in favour of Russia since Finland was never strong enough to even exist as a separate nation and was under Sweden or Russia most of history. And then you tried(and failed miserably) being smart playing semantics with Russian empire/Russia. And I called you out saying renaming of Russia and annexing Finland is logical by your statement. Either you are stupid or being deliberately obfuscating

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
OT

These people are really funny. Without their master US , they would not even dare take a piss at Russia and here they are talking about how prepared they are to fight Russia? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles