Is Finland Really Getting Ready For War With Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Yeah, we were part of both Swedish and Russian empire, benefited from both and are happy with our history. You on the other hand seem to still suffer from being colonized by brits. Those Indian servants that we see in movies maybe still hunt you? Yes sahib! What is sahib? Oh those were great films... servants with turbans serving brits drinking tea with their feet on the stool.

People with healthy self esteem do not use words like "leash dog" or "puppy". Well you can use those words in the internet forum, but in real life I doubt so. Me and my colleagues met some Indians working in Finland, they made quite an impression and it was only yesterday our municipality mayor talked about them with respect. I hope to see more Indians like them.
Nice try.
What's the point of bringing Indian history into this, Mr. Joni
What I said hurt you didn't it. :D

power_monger

Country flag
Yeah, we were part of both Swedish and Russian empire, benefited from both and are happy with our history. You on the other hand seem to still suffer from being colonized by brits. Those Indian servants that we see in movies maybe still hunt you? Yes sahib! What is sahib? Oh those were great films... servants with turbans serving brits drinking tea with their feet on the stool.

People with healthy self esteem do not use words like "leash dog" or "puppy". Well you can use those words in the internet forum, but in real life I doubt so. Me and my colleagues met some Indians working in Finland, they made quite an impression and it was only yesterday our municipality mayor talked about them with respect. I hope to see more Indians like them.
trolling or not trolling,one thing you have been quite sucessfull is increasing the awareness about finland among people of this forum. People here hardly knew about finland before you entered here.

BTW, do not assume that people who write here talk the same manner outside too. Asians in general are quite hospitable to any visitors and more aggressive with their own ones..

sorcerer

Country flag
This Indian and Russian "anti-NATO hysteria" is quite amusing actually. IMHO it is nothing but a classical example that if you have domestic problems at home, look for enemies outside.
C'mon the whole world knows that US is Upselling the NATO membership. Finland which took a neutral stance till a few months back is now all pro NATO including you.

When you compare the list of to p countries globally at human development index, they are almost all NATO countries.
A few more months of economic stagnation and you can rephrase your sentence as
"When you compare the list of to p countries globally at human development index, they were almost all NATO countries, at one time."

I still cannot believe that people in this forum, who are actually one of the brightest in India ( and other countries ) believe this BS. For me it is endlessly amusing. So THANK YOU INDIA FOR MAKING MY DAY!
Not just brightest..but also reasonable and logical. So they read information from various sources to arrive at a conclusion not just website ending with .fl.

jouni

Nice try.
What's the point of bringing Indian history into this, Mr. Joni
What I said hurt you didn't it. :D
Yeah, I guess it did. Maybe I am guilty of trying to promote too much our model of society to others and get frustrated when faced with IMHO stupid lies like " puppet state " or " NATO and US is surrounding Russia/India ".

Like I said, when I met those Indians in here, I realized that you who agitate here are a minority even among educated Indians.

jouni

C'mon the whole world knows that US is Upselling the NATO membership. Finland which took a neutral stance till a few months back is now all pro NATO including you.

A few more months of economic stagnation and you can rephrase your sentence as
"When you compare the list of to p countries globally at human development index, they were almost all NATO countries, at one time."

Not just brightest..but also reasonable and logical. So they read information from various sources to arrive at a conclusion not just website ending with .fl.
Yes, Russia is doing her best to draw Sweden and Finland to NATO, thats for sure. Still the NATO support in Finland is like 30% only.

jouni

trolling or not trolling,one thing you have been quite sucessfull is increasing the awareness about finland among people of this forum. People here hardly knew about finland before you entered here.

BTW, do not assume that people who write here talk the same manner outside too. Asians in general are quite hospitable to any visitors and more aggressive with their own ones..

The reason I bring my view so strongly here, is that I live 25km from Russian border and can witness the level of living standard with my own eyes every day. People here earn 3000 Euros for a job, that people in Russia earn 300 Euro. This kind of difference is not good, I would have wanted Russia to develop and prosper, that would have been good for both of us, instead they now got poorer and look for others to blame...

I guess in India you cannot understand this because rich countries like Japan are so far away, you got the difference of income within your country but on the same level as your neighbors. Europe has managed to make citizens the most equal in the world and with mostly good salaries and you try to make that a bad thing and look for enemies from "NATO", I just do not get it...

power_monger

Country flag
I guess in India you cannot understand this because rich countries like Japan are so far away, you got the difference of income within your country but on the same level as your neighbors. Europe has managed to make citizens the most equal in the world and with mostly good salaries and you try to make that a bad thing and look for enemies from "NATO", I just do not get it...
We dont choose friends based on their richness. We dont care how rich europe and its citizens are. Indians oppose NATO not because of Europe but because of USA.Indians dont hate britain even when it was colonized before. So there is no questions of hating other european countries.

Its just that US has been busy playing games against Indian intrest supporting pakistan which irks the people here and is the prime reason why they oppose NATO not because of britain,finland or germany so..Hopefully you understand this.

Samar Rathi

Country flag
The reason I bring my view so strongly here, is that I live 25km from Russian border and can witness the level of living standard with my own eyes every day. People here earn 3000 Euros for a job, that people in Russia earn 300 Euro. This kind of difference is not good, I would have wanted Russia to develop and prosper, that would have been good for both of us, instead they now got poorer and look for others to blame...

So according to you rich people always the good ones and their views always the right one? - that's on hell of a perception.

Ahh so richest country in the planet at the time has more difference than anyone

look at the graph so basically middle income people has no difference in their life from 1965 to 2005 where richer got more richer. So great going guys we don;t wanna be that country.Keep living in your own bubble.

Also let me tell you people are here neither oppose Finland or knew it before you came here but you continuously attacking the 1.25 billion indian and their country rather than attacking the bias point made by some guys toward russia don't help your point of view or your country image.

jouni

So according to you rich people always the good ones and their views always the right one? - that's on hell of a perception.

Ahh so richest country in the planet at the time has more difference than anyone

look at the graph so basically middle income people has no difference in their life from 1965 to 2005 where richer got more richer. So great going guys we don;t wanna be that country.Keep living in your own bubble.

Also let me tell you people are here neither oppose Finland or knew it before you came here but you continuously attacking the 1.25 billion indian and their country rather than attacking the bias point made by some guys toward russia don't help your point of view or your country image.
You do not get my point. Maybe you should ask yourself why Russia with the largest natural resources in the world and educated people has average salary of teachers and doctors 1/8th of that of Finland who is small country with zero natural resources.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opini...tary-spending-doesnt-add-up-op-ed/522303.html

Last edited:

Samar Rathi

Country flag
You do not get my point. Maybe you should ask yourself why Russia with the largest natural resources in the world and educated people has average salary of teachers and doctors 1/8th of that of Finland who is small country with zero natural resources.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opini...tary-spending-doesnt-add-up-op-ed/522303.html
Because Russian neither manufacturing (public goods)or service sector economy and they are security driven state.

They might be wrong or might be right in their perception of the world and which way they should go but it's for them to decide.

I suppose you get my point.

pmaitra

A lesson every nation must learn: . . .
  • A lesson every nation must learn: Do not punch a bear in the nose unless it is tied down. [sic. BBC].
  • Do not pick a fight with a country that you have already lost a war and territory to.
  • Do not initiate a war with a country that spans 11 time zones and has the world's largest nuclear stockpile.
  • Evaluate the wisdom of initiating a fight with a country that served you independence on a platter without requiring you to fight for it, and also taught you a lesson when even after being served a peaceful independence by Russia, you went ahead and carried out pogroms and cleansing of populations that wanted cordial relations with Russia, and became friends with Russia's arch enemy.
P.S.: The rest of the post has been replaced with an ellipses, because it is not required.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I'd like to believe the contrary. NATO is planning to incite a military conflict with Russia, and make its PR machinery appear as if Russia started it. For that, bordering countries like Finland are making sure they're ready.

NATO is planning to test the scale of non-nuclear escalation with Russia.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I'd like to believe the contrary. NATO is planning to incite a military conflict with Russia, and make its PR machinery appear as if Russia started it. For that, bordering countries like Finland are making sure they're ready.

NATO is planning to test the scale of non-nuclear escalation with Russia.
It is part of a (century+) long process of trying to dismantle russia into smaller more manageable countries.

Previous attempt was Georgia I think.

Even though at that time, the media (where the one with the bigger voice, more money, wins ) showed it as though it was a russian attack on georgia, later investigations revealed that Georgia (with american backing ) was the one who fired the first shot.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
It is part of a (century+) long process of trying to dismantle russia into smaller more manageable countries.

Previous attempt was Georgia I think.

Even though at that time, the media (where the one with the bigger voice, more money, wins ) showed it as though it was a russian attack on georgia, later investigations revealed that Georgia (with american backing ) was the one who fired the first shot.
Yeah makes sense. Kerry meeting Lavrov and looking goodie-good could hold the key. Often the most fvcked up things happen after two adversaries have an unexpectedly good meeting (eg: 26/11 just after Paki summit meeting here).

SafedSagar

Country flag
This Indian and Russian "anti-NATO hysteria" is quite amusing actually. IMHO it is nothing but a classical example that if you have domestic problems at home, look for enemies outside. When you compare the list of to p countries globally at human development index, they are almost all NATO countries.
Thoughts about this? Btw, the anti-NATO hysteria is nothing in comparison to anti-Russia hysteria in EU and USA.

http://rt.com/op-edge/262233-russophobia-guy-mettan-book/

flyingarg

In an indian forum bias towards russia is something we have to take for granted. And with good reason. They have been kinder to us than US has been. Similarily Finns like US and are wary of russia for the same reason.
Finns are just being wary of russia and just preparing themselves in case things go south.
People here are taking it the wrong way. Finns above all else are realists. They realize that 'poking the bear' is never an option and they will never do that. With respect to NATO, Finns know both the problems and benifits of joining it. Almost all ventures with NATO are looked upon with speculation here, weighing in the good and the bad. As juoni said the general concensus is against it. Many here also realize that being in EU has sometimes hurt them, especially in recent years when their trade with russia was effected due to EU sanctions.

And just as Juoni said there are many russian who have settled and become Finn citizens. So the people do not have anything overtly againt them.

Above all else their citizens have an amazing control over government decisions(benifits of small population). This makes it impossible for the goverment to make damning or brash decisions.

However if you are angry because a small nation might have irked our 'great russian friend', then there is nothing much to do for me but to smirk at you like one would smirk at an imbecile. It is a sovreign nation just as us. Every nation has the capability to make good learned decisions, and it would seem them more than us if we go by literacy rates.

Country flag
Conflict with russia would be good to tighten sanctions and prevent russian foreign investments., and keep russian economy in the dumps for years. The race to artic is beginning keep Russia out.

jouni

Terrible, bad joke. Didn't even laugh. Low-grade PJ type news. :D
WHy do you have our beloved and sacred blue and white flag in your posts? Seems like every other poster here is suddenly a Finn?

sorcerer

Country flag
The reason I bring my view so strongly here, is that I live 25km from Russian border and can witness the level of living standard with my own eyes every day. People here earn 3000 Euros for a job, that people in Russia earn 300 Euro.
Ohkay!! You are trying to brew Utopia...Try Alchemy..that would be simpler than brewing Utopia
Different nations have different economic model on which living standards would be based..

I guess in India you cannot understand this because rich countries like Japan are so far away, you got the difference of income within your country but on the same level as your neighbors.
:D
Amazing..So looking at the neighbor, people of another nation feels like "wanna be"s and participate in a coup.
Where did you learn this politics Nickelodeon or Pogo?

Who Lois Europe to force their way of life and ideologies into someone elses life across the border.

Iraq was promised unicorn and pink ponies.Look where they are now.
Eypt was promised peace and fur bunnies..look where they are now.
Meaning a host of other countries who were promised the same UTOPIAN brew by the west, as you enviosined, ended up losing not just their way of life but their country as such.

Europe has managed to make citizens the most equal in the world and with mostly good salaries
Is that the reason why UK wants to opt out of Eurozone and a few are hesistant to jump into it? May be the rest of Europe has not stagnated to the economic levels of UK.

and you try to make that a bad thing and look for enemies from "NATO", I just do not get it...
When I see around..post WW2 wherever there is a war, a staged drama, a coup it got NATO written all over it.
NATO in simple terms is pooling resources for War.and in case of Russia..a tool to flank.
The rest of the reason is just :bs:
From time to time commoners need a fantasy to believe in and PR of the west knows how to write the best Harry potter stories.

jouni

Because Russian neither manufacturing (public goods)or service sector economy and they are security driven state.

They might be wrong or might be right in their perception of the world and which way they should go but it's for them to decide.

I suppose you get my point.
More like stupidity driven state....and it is not for them to decide, security apparatus will take care of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles