Is curly hair rare among Indians?

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Curly hair is the result of specific genes. Since the indigenous Africans, who also happen to possess the oldest genetic Haplogroups amongst Humans, seem to have many members with curly hair, it's safe to say the gene that triggers curly hair can manifest in any/many human lineages outside Africa too.

BTW, your Sis doesn't have curly hair, but wavy hair. Many in my family have similarly wavy hair too.
No, the picture just failed to capture the true texture of the hair.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Curly hair is the result of specific genes. Since the indigenous Africans, who also happen to possess the oldest genetic Haplogroups amongst Humans, seem to have many members with curly hair, it's safe to say the gene that triggers curly hair can manifest in any/many human lineages outside Africa too.

BTW, your Sis doesn't have curly hair, but wavy hair. Many in my family have similarly wavy hair too.
IN this pic, you can clearly see that the hair is curly and not wavy like many other Indians have it.

Last edited:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
No Mr. Know-it-all, you assume too much. This is Kangna Ranaut, a bollywood actor, and that is her natural hair, not permed. When required, she sometimes streightenes her hair for different roles.

No you're wrong. I think she got her hair permed. Those curls are fake.
She's a bollywood star? She looks plain.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
No Mr. Know-it-all, you assume too much. This is Kangna Ranaut, a bollywood actor, and that is her natural hair, not permed. When required, she sometimes streightenes her hair for different roles.

Kangana Ranaut is probably dogra ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
You mean Dogras as in Homo Superior? The clan of @atheisthindu who established civilization in the world?

Kangana Ranaut is probably dogra ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
You mean Dogras as in Homo Superior? The clan of @atheisthindu who established civilization in the world?
Obviously we are superior. But don't call us homo inferior. I guess only dogras have curly hair in India. Kangana Ranaut is from Himachal so she might well be dogra.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phantom

IN this pic, you can clearly see that the hair is curly and not wavy like many other Indians have it.

That's still wavy hair buddy. None of the hair strands look like they're 'curling' inwards. I suggest you google 'curly hair' and check yourself.

feathers

Tihar Jail
Banned
Obviously we are superior. But don't call us homo inferior. I guess only dogras have curly hair in India. Kangana Ranaut is from Himachal so she might well be dogra.
Hello

Master Blaster Sachin is having Curly hair and actresses Nithya Menon and in historical figures Queen Chennamma of Keladi .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles