Iranians embarrassed

Nonynon

On Wednesday the Iranian embassy in Prague organized an event at a well-known hotel in the Czech capital. Prior to the event, a senior embassy official was shocked to see an Israeli flag flying high at the head of a line of flags situated near the entrance to the hotel.

The diplomat spoke to the hotel manager and demanded that the Israeli flag be taken down, but the manager, and Arab-Israeli from Nazareth, rejected the request.

"The (Israeli) flag will remain at the front of the hotel always," the manager told the Iranian official. "If you don't like it, you are welcome to hold the event at another hotel."

The angry Iranian diplomat had no choice but to accept the hotel's position, and the event was held as scheduled.

According to the Yedioth Ahronoth daily, Israeli Ambassador to Prague Yaakov Levy reported the incident to the Foreign Ministry in Jerusalem, and said the Pakistani embassy was scheduled to hold a reception at the same hotel next week.

This was not the first time the presence of the Israeli flag resulted in a diplomatic incident. A few years ago former Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki visited Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan. Upon his arrival at the local Holiday Inn, Mottaki noticed an Israeli flag flying proudly near the entrance. An infuriated Mottaki asked that the flag be removed, but his request was denied.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4048359,00.html

Lols for Iran!

Would be funny if the same thing happened when Pakistan comes.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Pakistan would not mind an Israeli flag. Put up an Indian flag and then watch the fun.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
By the way if the Arab Israeli on a permanent basis flew the flag of Israel then it would be ok. If not and this was just because of the Iranian meet, then it was nothing but an antic to get cheap thrills.

prahladh

Respected Member
Pakistan would not mind an Israeli flag. Put up an Indian flag and then watch the fun.
I don't think we hate each other so much. We Indians still have good relations with Pak (though not at Govt level..). look at Sania, she loves Pakistanis.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I don't think we hate each other so much. We Indians still have good relations with Pak (though not at Govt level..). look at Sania, she loves Pakistanis.
Lolzzz ... (assuming that it was sarcasm)

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
Can't blame her. She, after all, married a Pakistani.

What about Arundhati Roy and her slogan: Bhookha nanga Hindustan, jaan is piara Pakistan.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Can you not bring the whores slogans up in any thread ?

If i was an Indian official and the hotel had purposely put up pakistani flag then i would have walked away from the hotel.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Can you not bring the whores slogans up in any thread ?
If i was an Indian official and the hotel had purposely put up pakistani flag then i would have walked away from the hotel.
Was it put up pourposefully to irk the Iranians? How do we know?
If that were the case, Iranians should've definitely walked out.

Regards,
Virendra

Nonynon

The flag wasn't put there on purpose to piss of the Iranians. The hotel manager is an Arab Israel that seems to have pride in his country so why would the flag not be there all the time?
Arabs don't have much hate towards the Iranians (except maybe Iraqis but especially not Palestinians - most Arab Israelis see themselves as Palestinians more then Israeli) so there's not much reason why he would just piss Iranians for fun.
And it's not like the story did a good commercial for the hotel, most Europeans dislike Israel.

Last edited:

AOE

Let them be pissed, the Iranian government has a field day bashing jews endlessly, and yet somehow having an Israeli flag is 'offensive.'

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Hotels around the world, especially reputed hotels have many international flags flying high outside their gates or buildings. So what's the big deal? I don't understand why Iranian mulla government is so stupid for even bothering to get "offended" by this universal practice! This is what a theocratic government can get your country down to....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles