Iran tests new surface to surface missile

sandeepdg

TEHRAN, Aug. 25 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said Wednesday that Iran has successfully test-fired a new version of the homemade Fateh (conqueror) missile, local satellite Press TV reported.

The new generation of the missile, Fateh-110, is a 250- kilometer medium-range ballistic missile with the improved precision in targeting, completely engineered by Iranian experts, Vahidi told reporters without specifying the time and location of the test.

Fateh-110 missile is nine meters (29 feet) long and weighs 3, 500 kg (7,700 pounds) and has a quicker launch time, the report said.

Also, the official IRNA news agency reported that Fateh-110, is a single-stage solid-propellant, surface-to-surface missile which has been upgraded from 200 km to 250 km in range.

On Monday, Iran opened the production lines of two home-made, high-speed assault boats, dubbed the Seraj high-speed boat and a new generation of the high-speed Zolfaghar boat.

On Sunday, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiled a home- made unmanned long-ange, 4-meter-long bomber drone, dubbed Karrar, with the flight range of 1,000 km at a very high speed.

The defense minister said Friday that Iran has successfully test-fired a new surface-to-surface missile, Qiam, which has been equipped with new technical specifications and exceptional tactical powers.

Iran has reiterated that its military capability enhancements have defensive and peaceful purposes.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Some serious riches coming off from Iran eh? They've been testing weapons after weapons when there is absolutely no threat. Though I dislike the theocracy there, I must say that we have something to learn in terms of military response from Iranians here.

sandeepdg

I agree with you on that note, mate ! We seriously need to learn about fast paced development and efficiency from the Iranians. By the way, they are forever under threat from Israel, mate. Israel is hell bent on an rerun of the Osirak reactor bombing on Iran.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I agree with you on that note, mate ! We seriously need to learn about fast paced development and efficiency from the Iranians. By the way, they are forever under threat from Israel, mate. Israel is hell bent on an rerun of the Osirak reactor bombing on Iran.
Well then Israelis are smart to keep their enemy on their toes because somehow in our case, every tom, **** and harry does a bomb run in our country with either non-state actors or with soldiers and gets away with it. Had we taken action against Kahuta in 80s, now there'd be no nuclear capability in our western neighbourhood.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India did have plans for an Osirak kinda mission but it was put paid by american supply of F-16s back then. Pakistan through its high commission in no uncertain terms that if india attacks they too will bomb bhabha atomic center in mumbai. F-16s were acquired for defense of their nuke sites first by means of using it as a deterrent.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
India did have plans for an Osirak kinda mission but it was put paid by american supply of F-16s back then. Pakistan through its high commission in no uncertain terms that if india attacks they too will bomb bhabha atomic center in mumbai. F-16s were acquired for defense of their nuke sites first by means of using it as a deterrent.
For some reason, I doubt the PAF could have bombed Mumbai, even in the 80s.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles