Iran Military Developments

Would Iran having a Nuclear Bomb benefit India vis-a-vis Pakistan?

• Yes

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 13 19.1%

• Total voters

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Besides, will the Sunni Arabs accept Shia Iran as a nuke power? I dont think so. They will be all to happy to see Iranian nukes sealed by the Israel.
Also Israel will not be using any airfields of Iraq. Just Airspace. Also presume that only the Americans will know of any airspace violations not Iraq as we still dont know what capabilities are there with the Iraqis themselves.
All that is required by Israel is for the Americans to look the other way.

Su-47

If israel does attack Iran, its a dream come true for the Arabs. Their hated shia enemies lose their nuclear capability, and Israel and Iran go to war. Isn't enemies killing each other a very sweet sight?

Sailor

If Israel does attack Iran and take out this rogue country's nuclear threat like they did to Syria, they will be doing all the world a great service.
The world will be a much safer place if Iran is without nuclear weapons.
Why? Simply because they would use them and take the consequences. The madness there has already gone on record of saying that it is more important to destroy Israel than to let their own people live.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Sailor I think that's all rhetoric... no country in the world can use Nuclear Weapons and dream about going on with business as usual... the rest of the world will come down on them like a ton of bricks... and Iran does not have either the will or the capability to take everybody on all at once...

Those statements are only for domestic consumption and nothing else...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Iran says its new missile can reach Israel, Europe

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran test-fired a new advanced missile Wednesday with a range of about 1,200 miles, far enough to strike Israel and southeastern Europe.

“Defense minister (Mostafa Mohammad Najjar) has informed me that the Sajjil-2 missile, which has very advanced technology, was launched from Semnan and it landed precisely on the target,’’ state radio quoted Ahmadinejad as saying. He spoke during a visit to the city of Semnan, 125 miles east of the capital Tehran, where Iran’s space program is centered.

The announcement will not reassure the US government, coming just two days after President Barack Obama declared a readiness to seek deeper international sanctions against Iran if it shunned US attempts to open negotiations on its nuclear program.

Obama said he expected a positive response to his outreach for opening a dialogue with Iran by the end of the year.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The Sajjil also known as "Sejjil" or "Sejil" is a two-stage, solid-propellant, surface-to-surface missile produced by Iran with a reported 1930 km (1200 mile) range. A successful test launch took place on November 12, 2008. Its range, if confirmed, would allow it to strike targets as far away as Israel and southwestern Europe, though Iran asserts that it is intended for purely defensive purposes. The upgraded version named Sajjil-2,with a range of 1240 miles was test fired on May 20, 2009.

Details of the design other than the number of stages and that it uses solid fuel have not been released. However, if Iran has succeeded in building a solid-fuel missile with the claimed range, it represents a significant technological achievement, and could be a step towards either a space launch platform or a true ICBM. As a weapon, it would present a much more formidable challenge to Iran's enemies, as solid-fuel missiles can be launched with much less notice than liquid-fueled missiles, making it more difficult to strike them prior to launch.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I understand they can, but would they be effective or just show-value like the SCUDs... especially since the Arrow system is supposed to be a capable one.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think the Iranians have a very credible defense industry. We cannot take them casually. ABMs are there. What matters is does Iran have sufficient numbers of overwhelm the ABM systems?

Tankie

Professional
I reckon amadinnerjacket is just begging for conflict , pillock .:2guns:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No conflict is going to come off a missile test. Obama is taking the conciliatory route and no other country is going to go to war with Iran even Israel.

EnlightenedMonk

I reckon amadinnerjacket is just begging for conflict , pillock .:2guns:
No conflict is going to come off a missile test. Obama is taking the conciliatory route and no other country is going to go to war with Iran even Israel.
Let's put all of this in perspective... there are elections coming up there... so, they will test missiles, put up satellites etc because Ahmedinijad wants to get elected, doesn't he??

If and when he gets elected, this rhetoric will die down on its own... a slow death, I'd say...

This incident hasn't raised many eyebrows worldwide because everybody knows its a PR stunt...

EnlightenedMonk

Yep, THAAD and the Patriot / Arrow combination should be able to deal with it very effectively...

EnlightenedMonk

But, the real question is, whether that missile is capable of any manoeuvers that could thwart any ABM systems??? And, does Iran have the capability of making any cruise missiles???

J

John

well the X-band radar is operated by the US, i thinkwe shoud, try and get our hands on that radar, tie it up to PAD , AAD and future improved interceptors.

Country flag
China has given Iran assistance in many of these missiles and they have Zazal and Chinese silkwoms and Sunburn cruise missiles

http://www.nti.org/db/china/miranpos.htm

this missile dosen't have an special evasion features and RISAT,TECSAR and POLARIS are probably keeping 24 hour survelliance on Iran along with US and maybe even other Indian satellites(i won't post which ones)

Country flag
well the X-band radar is operated by the US, i thinkwe shoud, try and get our hands on that radar, tie it up to PAD , AAD and future improved interceptors.
I agree X-band has the longest range capability of any radar. US is not even trusting Israelis with it US military personnel are there operating it ,hands off to the Israelis.

EnlightenedMonk

But, aren't X Band radars terrestrial ??? Wouldn't they have better success against low flying objects and cruise missiles ???

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles