iPhone vs Android

tharikiran

Country flag
There is no such thing as Facetime icon.

It's built into your contacts. open the contacts icon .select a contact. You will then have an option to do face time with them.

How do I know. I use a iphone 4.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

It's built into your contacts. open the contacts icon .select a contact. You will then have an option to do face time with them.

I don't think iPhone 4 has this.

Blackwater

It is the first icon on the iOS home screen. At least it should be.
FaceTime is not an app on the iPhone. First, go to Settings>FaceTime and make sure that it's turned on and has activated. Then, if you wish to call someone using FaceTime, find their entry in your Contacts and tap on the "FaceTime" button.

Best of luck.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4370723?start=0&tstart=0

thanks for reply. i have i pad 2 also. facetime icon is always there. but not in my i phone 5.

@DD yes face time is on my iphone 5 but i cant see any facetime icon on main screen just like my i pad 2

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
thanks for reply. i have i pad 2 also. facetime icon is always there. but not in my i phone 5.

@DD yes face time is on my iphone 5 but i cant see any facetime icon on main screen just like my i pad 2
They have built the facetime right into the contacts and therefore no separate icon for that in iPhone5

tharikiran

Country flag
I don't think iPhone 4 has this.
Face time is there in iphone 4.I can see it in my phone right now.But it works only over wifi.
With iphone 5(ios6) it will work over 3g and not just wifi.

If I upgrade my iphone 4 to ios 6, it will work over wifi and 3g.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Face time is there in iphone 4.I can see it in my phone right now.But it works only over wifi.
With iphone 5(ios6) it will work over 3g and not just wifi.

If I upgrade my iphone 4 to ios 6, it will work over wifi and 3g.
OK. I had an iPhone 4 but I never saw facetime. May be my iOS is old.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I got a pre-paid Android as a back-up last week and compared to my iPhone... it KILLS battery. That has to be the biggest downside to this OS. Is customisation more important than battery?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I got a pre-paid Android as a back-up last week and compared to my iPhone... it KILLS battery. That has to be the biggest downside to this OS. Is customisation more important than battery?
You need 'right' customization to save battery. Moreover, battery consumption is also function of hardware, not just OS.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Don't use too many widgets

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Galaxy Nexus for 15k at a local shop near, should I buy it or should I buy Nexus 4 ???

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Don't use too many widgets
The only widget I have up is the weather. I turned 4G, GPS, and Wifi off. Notifications are set to once a day or when opened. I turned off all key vibration. Screen is set to auto brightness. I downloaded Chrome, it flickers and makes the keyboard disappear being totally unusable. Juice Defender didn't do any better than my manual settings, rather worse actually. I am just trying to set it up so it is as easy to use as my iPhone, and I can't get it done. I didn't need to go to help forums once to learn iOS, but have already done Android help about 3-4 times now. It is running on 4.0.3.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
^^Yea, iOS is so amazing that I can't download anything from the internet unless it is from the App Store. I also can't transfer any files from my computer to my iPhone unless I have installed iTunes.

And wait, if I'm stupid enough to have the totally crazy idea of wanting to use my iPhone 4 accessories with my iPhone 5, I have to buy a special $30 adapter from Apple just to do this!
I can't download anything to my Android unless I use the stock Sync programme so how is it any different than iTunes? At least I can drag and drop files there. Not with this Sync as I have to put it in separate folders, and its connector isn't nearly as fast as the lightning cable.

Oh yeah, and everytime I try to play media in Android, it asks me to do something retarded with Wifi? wtf??

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Oh yeah, and everytime I try to play media in Android, it asks me to do something retarded with Wifi? wtf??
You are new to android. Such troubles shouldn't occur at all. btw what handset you are using ?

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Its an old model. Go for Nexus 4.
I know it's an old model but I still don't have proper price of Nexus 4.Well, I'm no fan of quadcore and 2gb of ram and both of them have gorgeous screen.But nexus 4 has non-removable battery and micro-sim and I know android, you need to have removable battery otherwise if you get something like bootloop, you can't switch it off.If I'll get nexus 4 16GB for 22-24k, I'll buy it.And microsim is still an issue as I've a special sim and I don't want to ruin it, but as we have expander so it's 2ndory but non-removable battery is a big issue.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
I can't download anything to my Android unless I use the stock Sync programme so how is it any different than iTunes? At least I can drag and drop files there. Not with this Sync as I have to put it in separate folders, and its connector isn't nearly as fast as the lightning cable.

You kidding, right ? You can download any files on android. e.g. Try to download any mp3 or avi,mkv files or any format, it'll download it.And you can explore your files on your mobile, unlike iOS in which you can't do it without a pc and still to copy it you need to sync it and you need to create a special folder for iPhone on your pc.And you need special permission to connect your iPhone to different pc and same goes with sim.Mass storage is much needed.Really, apple makes people to believe in something which is very much restricted. And that last part is weird, download MX Player, it's the best player and you can run any file on it including MKV.While iphone only mp4.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles