Introduction / Query :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manushi

Hi all, I just managed to finish my registration at this website (and managed to find the 'new thread' button thanks to a very helpful member; Singh).

I have a question which I don't know where to post. Moderators kindly help me relocate or delete the post if its not appropriate for this forum.
Unfortunately I don't share the passion of many of you regarding war time machines but I was hoping this forum only seemed to be a place where I might get some answers.

My brother in law is in the Indian Airforce, (he is a Flight Lieutenant if I am not mistaken). I am currently living overseas. If I get married to a Pakistani guy (how still only holds a Pakistani passport, he doesn't have any other nationality) would that create some problems for my brother-in-law in short or long term? I have asked this question to a few people around me without getting any rational answers. I haven't asked my brother-in-law yet since they are not aware that such a situation exists. I was hoping someone with a better understanding on this might be able to provide some insight to this.

Many thanks.
Cheers :)

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Maybe one of the military professionals can help you with this. @Ray @Kunal Biswas @Decklander

But seriously, I echo @Sakal Gharelu Ustad. Do you have any idea how backward Pakistanis are? He might seem nice and charming right now, but after marriage he could force you to wear a burkha and won't let you step out of the house without his permission. All the Pakistanis I personally know are very backward and conservative, so I hope you think about this a 100 times before you decide anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

I think @Sakal Gharelu Ustad and @Known_Unknown have genuine fears. I also feel that @Manushi has the right to make her own mistakes. That Pakistani guy is most likely to turn out to be a total jerk, although it is quite possible that his will remain as good as he appears to be now. There is only one way to find out.

Decklander

Hi all, I just managed to finish my registration at this website (and managed to find the 'new thread' button thanks to a very helpful member; Singh).

I have a question which I don't know where to post. Moderators kindly help me relocate or delete the post if its not appropriate for this forum.
Unfortunately I don't share the passion of many of you regarding war time machines but I was hoping this forum only seemed to be a place where I might get some answers.

My brother in law is in the Indian Airforce, (he is a Flight Lieutenant if I am not mistaken). I am currently living overseas. If I get married to a Pakistani guy (how still only holds a Pakistani passport, he doesn't have any other nationality) would that create some problems for my brother-in-law in short or long term? I have asked this question to a few people around me without getting any rational answers. I haven't asked my brother-in-law yet since they are not aware that such a situation exists. I was hoping someone with a better understanding on this might be able to provide some insight to this.

Many thanks.
It will not have direct bearing on your brother as such but will certainly affect his relationship with you as he won't be able to maintain any relationship with you or your hubby and He will get marked due to your action of marring a Pakistani.
BTW, Marry a pakistani and forget about liberty, freedom etc.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Many thanks.
1. Which country's passport do you have ? What about your sister ?
2. Are you shifting to Pakistan or settling with your husband in Norway ?

I don't think it would be a big problem for your Brother in Law.

Manushi

1. Which country's passport do you have ? What about your sister ?
2. Are you shifting to Pakistan or settling with your husband in Norway ?

I don't think it would be a big problem for your Brother in Law.
Me, sister and jeju are holding an Indian passport only.
I don't think anyone is moving to Pakistan. We will most probably settle in Norway.

To all others, kindly don't stereotype 170 million people. These were the kind of answers I got when I spoke with my fellow Indians. Even though I appreciate the sentiment, I would appreciate it very much if some one from the military background can assist me in finding the right answer here.

Thanks

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned

Many thanks.
You took insipid Bollywood tales (Veer-Zara types) of mushy romances too literally. I assume you have already made up your mind to take the plunge.

Go ahead with your Paki love. Your future is completely scr**ed anyway :rotfl:

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
I don't think anyone is moving to Pakistan. We will most probably settle in Norway.

To all others, kindly don't stereotype 170 million people. These were the kind of answers I got when I spoke with my fellow Indians. Even though I appreciate the sentiment, I would appreciate it very much if some one from the military background can assist me in finding the right answer here.

Thanks
Search for forums where JNU jhola-chhaps prevail. DFI would disappoint you (although some scum lurks around here, as well).

You have already made up your mind as I earlier said & you have proved me correct. Please go ahead with your Paki.

We are cheering for you & your types :salute:

pmaitra

For official answer, you might want to submit a RTI request with IAF.

Right To Information Act
Such an action will only highlight her brother-in-law and mark him. She has already made up her mind. I think she should simply keep contact with her sister and brother-in-law very discretely. The law might not say anything, but RAW will hand a raw-deal to her brother-in-law if they sniff something.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
I suppose @Manushi is asking about the implications her actions will have on her brother-in-law. She is not asking whether she should marry a Pakistani or not.
Who cares what she is asking ? She would marry the Paki anyway, irrespective of the implications for anyone.

The likes of her will bear & raise terrorists of tomorrow.

Cheers @Manushi :)

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Thanks
Because you are a female, a lot of Indians will feel slighted. You are an adult and are responsible for your own actions.

If you are settling down in Norway and I am assuming in due course both of you will apply and hopefully get Norwegian citizenship, then it ought not be a big issue.

Military Personnels are not allowed to marry foreigners afaik, no restriction on their relatives to do so.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
@Manushi

If you have made up your mind please go ahead but post marriage please keep us posted on your life.

I am sure all pakistanis are same & they all are jerks.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
In the normal course I don't think there would be any problem. But if something goes wrong - if there is a war or hostilities etc., then it might lead to unnecessary hassles and harassment for your brother in law.

I totally agree with the sentiments others have expressed on this page regarding your choice, but then it's none of our business. :)

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Who cares what she is asking ? She would marry the Paki anyway, irrespective of the implications for anyone.

The likes of her will bear & raise terrorists of tomorrow.

Cheers @Manushi :)
Not fair buddy... This approach is simply not done. I am pretty sure that @Manushi has not chosen a jehadi type as her life partner.

Norway being a country with one of the world's largest per capita income is largely a peaceful place, so are the people living there.

Anyway, she came here asking for Information, not to be judged based on her personal life preference.

Not that her choice needs to be defended, still, would you not feel proud of Sania Mirza winning a grand slam?

=============================

@Manushi, I am a civilian without any authoritative information, but what I gather from news reports is that the problem comes up when such a relationship is not disclosed.

If you have absolutely made up your mind, I would suggest you ask your B-i-L to submit to his unit HQ the proposed relationship and submit for a full security clearance before you embark on your nuptial life.

The worst case scenario of this approach, if the clearance is given, is that your B-i-L will get an "monitor" tag from MI.

However, if the clearance is not given, your B-i-L might have to apply for voluntary retirement and lead a civilian life henceforth.

Never ever even think of being discrete or hide this from MI. They will come to know about it eventually and such discretion would be held against your B-i-L, jeopardizing his career permanently.

However, if your B-i-L is serving under SSC, and have only a few years of service left, the prudent choice might be to wait out his tenure before you embark on your nuptial life, thus avoiding the entire clearance fiasco.

Many thanks.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Its your choice who to marry. Tell your brother in law about it. He has to inform his superriors and i think he will not be given sensative posting.

pmaitra

Such an action will only highlight her brother-in-law and mark him. She has already made up her mind. I think she should simply keep contact with her sister and brother-in-law very discretely. The law might not say anything, but RAW will hand a raw-deal to her brother-in-law if they sniff something.
I would like to revise my stance and retract this suggestion. The answer given by @arnabmit is the best. My suggestion was a very bad suggestion.

ladder

Country flag
Even in the case of Gen. Bikram Singh, the nationality of his daughter-in-law was probed.
But, eventually he was cleared for promotion to the post of CoAS.

So, what @arnabmit has said is the best. Taking prior clearance is important.
MI would do some background checks and give report.
Hiding from superiors is not an option.

Also, @Manushi, if you have made up your mind, then it would be prudent to share this information with your brother-in-law, and give him sufficient time to complete formalities in advance.

Personally, I hope and think he shouldn't have a problem in his career due to your decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles