Internet censorship in the People's Republic of China

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Internet censorship in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Internet censorship in the People's Republic of China is conducted under a wide variety of laws and administrative regulations. In accordance with these laws, more than sixty Internet regulations have been made by the government of the People's Republic of China (PRC), which have been implemented by provincial branches of state-owned ISPs, companies, and organizations.[1][2] The apparatus of the PRC's Internet control is considered more extensive and more advanced than in any other country in the world. The governmental authorities not only block website content but also monitor the Internet access of individuals.

Amnesty International notes that China "has the largest recorded number of imprisoned journalists and cyber-dissidents in the world." The offences of which they are accused include communicating with groups abroad, signing online petitions, and calling for reform and an end to corruption.[3] The escalation of the government's effort to neutralize critical online opinion comes after a series of large anti-Japanese, anti-pollution, anti-corruption protests, and ethnic riots, many of which were organized or publicized using instant messaging services, chat rooms, and text messages.[citation needed] The size of the Internet police was reported to be 2 million in 2013. [4]
What occurs to me is that Chinese on DFI are among the privileged few from their country, so it follows that they all must be extremely loyal to their government. The price they pay for their privilege is to be compelled to constantly attack this forum, which represents the largest democracy on the planet. I believe it is possible that Chinese on DFI could be PRC Internet Police.

A couple of more links on PRC behavior regarding the internet.

The Shanghai Free Trade Zone is Not Enough to End China's Internet Censorship - PolicyMic

Chinese hotel guests find data spaffed all over the internet "¢ The Register

nimo_cn

Country flag
l like being the privileged ones

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

nimo_cn

Country flag
No doubt. Is selling your soul not too high a price for that?
not at all, i like being here, having a casual chat with you guys once in a while.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
not at all, i like being here, having a casual chat with you guys once in a while.
I can't challenge the "casual chat" claim without going back to re-read your posts. Certainly CCTV and no smoking, as just two examples, are not here for chatting, but for confrontation and provocation..

Impluseblade

I counted the number of posts you initiated in the China sub-forum in DFI in the last 40 days, and the results can be found in the table below:
Date |10/28 | 10/22 |10/19 | 10/21 |10/20 |10/18 | 10/15 | 10/1 | 9/30 | 9/29 | 9/25 | 9/22 | 9/21 | 9/20
# Posts | 1 | 4 | 1 | 1 |2 |1 |1 |2 | 9 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 1

You are pretty active in the China sub-forum, contributing at least 10 posts every two weeks. But you are relatively inactive between Oct 1st to Oct 15th; only 3 posts are originated by you (2 on Oct 1st and 1 on Oct 15th) and no other activities at all in between. This period of inactivity coincided with the US government shutdown from October 1 through 16. I believe it is possible that you could be paid by Uncle Sam to post here.

What occurs to me is that Chinese on DFI are among the privileged few from their country, so it follows that they all must be extremely loyal to their government. The price they pay for their privilege is to be compelled to constantly attack this forum, which represents the largest democracy on the planet. I believe it is possible that Chinese on DFI could be PRC Internet Police.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I counted the number of posts you initiated in the China sub-forum in DFI in the last 40 days, and the results can be found in the table below:
Date |10/28| 10/22 |10/19| 10/21 |10/20 |10/18 | 10/15 | 10/1| 9/30 | 9/29 | 9/25 | 9/22 | 9/21 | 9/20
# Posts | 1| 4 | 1 | 1 |2 |1 |1 |2 | 9 | 4 | 3 | 4| 2 | 1

You are pretty active in the China sub-forum, contributing at least 10 posts every two weeks. But you are relatively inactive between Oct 1st to Oct 15th; only 3 posts are originated by you (2 on Oct 1st and 1 on Oct 15th) and no other activities at all in between. This period of inactivity coincided with the US government shutdown from October 1 through 16. I believe it is possible that you could be paid by Uncle Sam to post here.
if that was true, American government does not spend their money wisely, they could have hired someone more professional. but i believe that is just a pure coincidence.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I can't challenge the "casual chat" claim without going back to re-read your posts. Certainly CCTV and no smoking, as just two examples, are not here for chatting, but for confrontation and provocation..
they are here to counter provocations and confrontations.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Internet censorship in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A couple of more links on PRC behavior regarding the internet.

The Shanghai Free Trade Zone is Not Enough to End China's Internet Censorship - PolicyMic

Chinese hotel guests find data spaffed all over the internet "¢ The Register
They are card carrying members of the CPC and from their Propaganda Cell?

Govt employees in the Dirty Tricks Dept?

You are a Princeling or a mere Ling?

Long Ling sounds like a Chinese name.

No doubt. Is selling your soul not too high a price for that?

Your are being unfair.

They are Communists. Irreligious!

They don't know what a soul is.

Anything casual is dangerous, as casual sex!

Or are you Pandi (盼弟)?

Note Pandi (盼弟) and not Pondy.

CCTV and no smoking are the heartbeats of the Chinese Communist Party.

Date |10/28 | 10/22 |10/19 | 10/21 |10/20 |10/18 | 10/15 | 10/1 | 9/30 | 9/29 | 9/25 | 9/22 | 9/21 | 9/20
# Posts | 1 | 4 | 1 | 1 |2 |1 |1 |2 | 9 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 1

Since China is reputed to monitor the US cyberspace, could it be that he is a part of the India - US strategic Dialogue?

if that was true, American government does not spend their money wisely, they could have hired someone more professional. but i believe that is just a pure coincidence.

He belongs to Special Team 5, or so one guesses.

Last edited:

kseeker

Retired
being privileged = being paid?

@W.G.Ewald wrote:
in return you wrote:

That's the reason, I had asked you

So you accept that, you are being paid for posting on this forum ?
Makes any sense ?

Now, you tell me whether being "privileged = being paid?" ? I will make that easy for you. You have two options Yes or No

Last edited by a moderator:

nimo_cn

Country flag
@W.G.Ewald wrote:

in return you wrote:

That's the reason, I had asked you

Makes any sense ?

Now, you tell me whether being "privileged = being paid?" ? I will make that easy for you. You have two options Yes or No
i still didnt get it, where does that question come from?

yes, i said that i like being privileged, how does that become admission of being paid?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@kseeker,

In China the privileged do not get paid.

To put it politely - they make hay while the sun shines and so they don't require a pay or get paid.

It is the common Chinese who gets laid!

nimo_cn

Country flag
@kseeker,

In China the privileged do not get paid.

To put it politely - they make hay while the sun shines and so they don't require a pay or get paid.

It is the common Chinese who gets laid!
then you must be stupid to ask that question.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles