International Olympic Committee suspends India

Blackwater

Laussane, Switzerland: Two officials with knowledge of the decision say the International Olympic Committee (IOC) has suspended India's national Olympic committee - Indian Olympic Association - because of government interference.

The officials tell The Associated Press that the IOC executive board imposed the sanctions Tuesday after the Indian Olympic Association failed to comply with the world body's rules on the holding of elections.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the official announcement hadn't been made yet.

The IOC had repeatedly told the Indian body to adhere to its own constitution and the Olympic Charter and not follow the government's sports code for Wednesday's elections.

Suspension means the Indian body will stop receiving IOC funding and its officials will be banned from attending Olympic meetings and events. India's athletes will be barred from competing in Olympic events under their national flag.

International Olympic Committee suspends India | Other Sports - More | NDTVSports.com

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Breaking news is International Olympic Committee has suspended India

Patriot

Country flag
:rofl::wave::toilet:

Bye Bye Bhanot & Kalmadi Corruption Co..

I hope this action will trigger revolutionary changes in Indian Sports & Sports administration.

What Shame they have brought to country.:mad:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
An even bigger shame is that the people sitting in Govt. let this perfidy happen.
As a result we're being humiliated like this in front of the international community.
As if the shameful drought of medals was not enough an embarassment for this country.
Our Sport bodies daring seems to suggest that Corruption is becoming a socially approved norm in India .. that no one really cares anymore? :scared1:

Regards,
Virendra

Blackwater

An even bigger shame is that the people sitting in Govt. let this perfidy happen.
As a result we're being humiliated like this in front of the international community.
As if the shameful drought of medals was not enough an embarassment for this country.
Our Sport bodies daring seems to suggest that Corruption is becoming a socially approved norm in India .. that no one really cares anymore? :scared:

Regards,
Virendra
Well its in BJP too, see this BJP item V.K malhotra" President of the Archery Association of India" for the last 40 yrs:lol::lol::taunt::taunt:

Patriot

Country flag
An even bigger shame is that the people sitting in Govt. let this perfidy happen. ...............
Because they all are stakeholder in Kalmadi Corruption Co.. To me Kalmadi & Co.is just the face to make the money & the money is actually going in the accounts of the people in power.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
I'm Happy. Yes, its sad news but still I'm happy.

Our Leaders are now Internationally Certified Corrupt.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Really, are the Olympic Games anything more than a bloated display of national egos and boring talking heads in recent years?

I haven't enjoyed the Olympics since Winter, 1980.

jalsa

Really, are the Olympic Games anything more than a bloated display of national egos and boring talking heads in recent years?

I haven't enjoyed the Olympics since Winter, 1980.
Its true, the Olympics are more or less the same as you think but this banning of India from Olympic committee is actually good for the future of Indian sports. It will get rid of the corrupt bunch finally.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Its true, the Olympics are more or less the same as you think but this banning of India from Olympic committee is actually good for the future of Indian sports. It will get rid of the corrupt bunch finally.
I don't see that happening.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its sad many of my mates were preparing hard for this..

jalsa

@Kunal Bhai.
Tell your mates not to worry too much, things will get sorted out

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles