International Navies Anti-Piracy watch

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

GRAPHIC!

NO SYMPATHY FOR PIRATES! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Phenom

This subtle discrimination happens everywhere. If you've lived in Western countries, you experience it as workmen being difficult, people ignoring you, hooligans shouting obscenities from cars (yes I've had my fair share :happy_8:)
nihar,
Since I have never been outside India, I can't really comment on racism in several countries. But my impression of Russia came from an IT guy who has visited Russia. He seemed to believe that Racism is far more overt in Russia than in the west. While in the west people may be racist, atleast the govts discourages it but in Russia the govt ignores it.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

GRAPHIC!

NO SYMPATHY FOR PIRATES! :)

Some guts the pirate has to lie calling it a "fishing ship". One thing I like about Russian military is that they send the psychological message around the world rather than giving any concern to the bigoted human rights of terrorists and pirates. They make such videos and post it. Indian military especially those fighting terrorists should also make such videos and post it on the net. I tell you, the moment these videos hit the net, though bigoted terrorist-supporters human rights will shout and yell (that's all they can do), terrorists next time will think 20 times before attacking India or any Indian asset.

Psychological war is far more powerful than main war. Indian soldiers need to do the same thing. It will change the scene of jihad in India.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
This subtle discrimination happens everywhere. If you've lived in Western countries, you experience it as workmen being difficult, people ignoring you, hooligans shouting obscenities from cars (yes I've had my fair share :happy_8:)

Perhaps the one nation where migrants can really be accepted is Canada - they're taking in even more migrants, and a cousin who lives there suggests that racism is almost non-existent.
You live in Australia dude--- the most racist and self-obsessed country on this planet that hates Indians for making it big in their countries while their dumbass people sit all day in bars and spend their government benefits in wasteful purchases. What do you expect them to do? Treat you like an angel? Racism in Australia is not limited to non-whites but to anyone who's not an Australian. I have met a couple of British whites who have complained about Australian behaviour in the same manner as what Indians are treated there.

That country has become a shitpath of all racists. Their own Aborigines are treated like shit, outsiders are treated like shit; guess the criminal, dacoits in the Australian gene hasn't gone even after so many centuries. For all their "O I'm a baad boy Maete" bragging they do, I'd like to see how long these छिछोरे लोग last here in northeast. Even northeast women would have them hung by their b@!!$ upside down and beaten black and blue--forget men. :emot15:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
We should have taken out persons responsible for Mumbai blast long ago, then Mumbai terror attack would not have taken place, or even if they have taken place those responsible would have never live normal life even if they walk the road side they would have fear car bomb or strike by RAW.

Even now it is not too late, we can learn from Russians and Masood tactics, by "sending terror back into the heart of terrorists" they should know that we can take them out any time of our choice.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I'm a big fan of "shock and awe", and the psy-op technique Russians use. Sharafat gayi bhad mein.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Poor Pirates!

Gud Job Russian Navy!
The gun shown on the video is 30mm AK-630 6 barreled Gatling gun. it is a CIWS system. its purpose is to destroy incoming missiles and guided bombs. the gun can also engage slow moving birds. many of our IN ships uses this gun.

but i am worried about the accuracy of this gun. it sprays bullet all over the place. having so terrible accuracy how we can trust this CIWS to attack incoming anti-ship missiles?. how good is Ak-630 compared to goalkeeper?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
regarding pirates - how else to treat them other than what we saw in the video

regarding racism in russia - some complications exist . Firstly most of us dont speak russian which adds to the situation , secondly teh russian "system" is not geared to accepting immigrants . After teh "collapse" of communism in 1992, a crazy stab was made at an attempt to democratize the nation , maybe a brave attempt but perhaps without the necessary experience to succeed in that new venture and so now a valiant man Putin is trying, rowing against strong currents to put the country back together again - the overall result is that they dont have time and resources for foreigners and anti- racism and all that .

btw many russians are themselves leaving - it is the largest migrant group to the usa -

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In combat, one has to kill or be killed.

Anti Piracy patrolling can be termed so too.

The pirates are equipped with RPGs and one shot at the Plimsoll line would mean Davy Jones Locker!

One could hardly call the attack on pirates as 'racist'.

Those who have operated in Somalia would know the ruthless callousness these chaps have for life and limb.

Хорошая работа по ВМФ России (I wonder if that is correct going by my elementary knowledge of Russian).

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
but i am worried about the accuracy of this gun. it sprays bullet all over the place. having so terrible accuracy how we can trust this CIWS to attack incoming anti-ship missiles?. how good is Ak-630 compared to goalkeeper?

AK-630 is a radar guided and manual, In the Vid the operator was firing the gun, It was not guided by computer..

Goalkeeper is good but i cannot compare both coz i don't have knowledge abt the radars used, But Russians product is cheap and reliable..

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
AK-630 is a radar guided and manual, In the Vid the operator was firing the gun, It was not guided by computer..

Goalkeeper is good but i cannot compare both coz i don't have knowledge abt the radars used, But Russians product is cheap and reliable..
Thank you! as long as it can automatically protect the ship, i am happy

san

Not seen anything showing RN killing pirates. The pirate ship may be empty before firing. Not seen anything racist. Even IN will do the same. Some pirates seems to be Arabs

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If you think there were pirates on that boat you would be mistaken. It was a capture and they already had the pirates aboard. Nothing wrong with using their junks for target practice.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
In Russia, everything is extreme. If you piss off a Russian, he will overtly insult you; including in racist language if you happen to be non-Russian (not just non-white). Americans and other Western Europeans will try to be covert in their racism, but pretend to be friendly, but once you understand the culture even this is easy to pick up.

But if you befriend them, they can be the best friends you will ever have.

I have been to Russia only once, but I encountered no racism of any sort. Not even any "dirty looks" like I did in the Netherlands and Australia.

It is a great country, despite its problems, and I would go again if the opportunity ever presented itself.

If you ever go to Russia, travel the full length of the Trans-Siberian Railroad from Vladivostok to St.Petersburg. You can get personal maid service for the equivalent of about Rs.35000. A bit expensive, but definitely worth it :)

EDIT: There has been a large community of black, Indian, and Latino students living in Moscow since Soviet times. Talk to them and you will see that much of what the Western media reports about Russian 'racism' is exaggerated. And the Kremlin does NOT support racist groups. In fact the Russian government has repeatedly condemned skinheads, neo-Nazis, and other groups.

Last edited:

JBH22

The thread is about Russian Navy shooting down pirates which is completely JUSTIFIED let's not turn like western d**kheads who always want to have the upper hand racism is an off topic subject here.

pmaitra

What god awful accuracy in that machine gun turret!!! It was spraying all over and i suppose it has no chance to hit an cruise missile with that accuracy!

Russian are raceist nazis anyway. They just need our money and we need their stuff, there ends our friendship.
Not all Russians are racist. Most I have met are not. I personally know Russians from Russia and Ukraine who are of European decent (from Moscow, Kiev and Donetsk), Russians of mixed Russo-Tatar decent (from Bashkhortostan), Russians of Mongolian decent (from Tuva) and Caucasian decent (from Stavropol). None of them are racist. Yes, there may be a few rotten apples, as Tshering mentioned, but overall, they have high regard for Indians.

When it comes to business deals, well, it is business as usual. It is not any different from the deals we sign with US or France or UK. Russians, after going through the economic hardships of the post-USSR collapse years, have naturally become money minded. It is but a consequence of circumstances.

pmaitra

The move they made not because they are RACISTS

BUT!

What i noted abt Russians Specially from armed forces is they are very sensitive types..
U act well is good, If not, Trouble! lol..

They are very suspicious and don't follow rules much..
Unlike we in IA are very strict regarding basic military rules..

What happen here is Russian caught some regular pirate boat in day light, and the pirte crew must behaved not what Russian expected, therefore they send them away and gave them enough time to swim for their lives and after that fire Show started!

Lol..
This isn't very different from what happens in India. I have heard stories from so many persons that I almost believe that these things do happen with India security forces as well. Giving time for the opponent to run for their lives and then shooting them.

One example would be the suppression of the Naxalite uprising in 1970s. This was a standard unofficial practice of the police with full knowledge of Siddhartha Shankar Ray.

Nonetheless, I think the Russian Navy is doing just what they need to do. Moreover, they need to show these videos to all and sundry, so that prospective pirates can get a grim reminder of the possible consequences of a career they are about to embark upon.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Couple of comments.

The Russkis took the pirates off the vessel before sinking it, I guess.

The CIWS really can't engage a slow, floating target very well, can it?

Good video.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles