Intercepts show Pak handlers guiding terrorists in Kashmir

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Interesting excerpt from the article.

Kashmiris, for whose freedom the terrorists are meant to be fighting, are described in the crudest terms.

"One piece of advice," says Saquib, "never trust a Kashmiri. You need to first beat them and then ask questions." Seconds later, he says, "The moment you see a Kashmiri... kill him. You have to beat the s$%t out of them or they don't fall in line."

Full story: http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/intercepts-show-pak-handlers-guiding-terrorists-in-kashmir-122212

mayfair

^^ and yet many Kashmiris from Srinagar and some surrounding parts wave the Pakistani banner, proudly hum the Qaumi Tarana and scream Pakistan paindabad from the rooftops.

Do we really need to engage with such people?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Those who shout pro pak slogans are in a minority and paid goons of ISI.

mayfair

Those who shout pro pak slogans are in a minority and paid goons of ISI.
Not sure about that Yusuf. During my stay in Bangalore, I came across many educated Valley residents who without exception cheered for Pakistan in cricket matches and for Pakistani players in ICL/IPL.

In fact during the India-Pakistan test match in Feb 2008, which I happened to attend, there were 20-30 (young men and women) of them in the stands who held aloft the Pak flag and cheered them on. It appeared in one of the Bangalore Times edition and they said that most people assumed them to be Pakistanis which was fine by them.

I think it's not unreasonable to assume that a significant proportion of Valley muslims hold pro-Pakistan and anti-India views.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles