Intelligence Bureau plays chinese checker, proposes to ban 'We Chat'

huaxia rox

Re: Intelligence Bureau plays chinese checker, proposes to ban 'We Cha

if you use "micro soft" and "apple productions" all the time, then you shouldn't have any doubt on the claim that India has a large number of software professionals. I hope the pirated ones do have the names of developers written in Chinese?
then why ms and apple are not mighty indian companies? which nationality doesnt work in that sort of companies? a co founder of you tube is from hong kong. do you see a single chinese freaking claiming any credits and not seeing you tube as a completely amercian company? even parts of the share is probably owned by non-amercians.

next time you should claim hollywood bollywod too. i am sure some indians used to perform in hollywood movies. again which nationality hasnt?

huaxia rox

the problem with you chinis are that you all are master thieves and liars straight from your mother's womb(please don't get offended as i am stating the cold real fact only).you never use the real version of any software and rely only on the pirated ones to get your job done,thats why you don't hear much about the Indian Software companies.take my advise and start using the real ones and i am sure that you'll hear a lot about us.
btw i am sorry to say but your English suck,so please try to learn some basic english as most of us find usually it extremely difficult to understand the meaning of your posts.no wonder with this poor knowledge in English you won't get a job in any MNC outside China,chao!
1 do youself a favor and at least dont raise 'english sucks' kind of problem to a chinese who has only one offical language.

2 you simply tell me what indian software a usual person can use if there were. if there these is not then simply accept the truth.

truth bites but at least truth is truth about real master thieves and liars: 63% of Indian Users Use Pirated Software - CIO India News on | CIO.in

According to the 2011 Global Software Piracy Study done by an independent firm, Business Software Alliance (BSA), about 63 percent of Indians used pirated software, as compared to 64 per cent last year

Tolaha

then why ms and apple are not mighty indian companies? which nationality doesnt work in that sort of companies? a co founder of you tube is from hong kong. do you see a single chinese freaking claiming any credits and not seeing you tube as a completely amercian company? even parts of the share is probably owned by non-amercians.

next time you should claim hollywood bollywod too. i am sure some indians used to perform in hollywood movies. again which nationality hasnt?
Read this... slowly...

The claim: India has a large pool of software engineers.

Huaxia Rox retort: No it doesnt, because it doesnt have IT products that he has heard off in China

Me: India has a large pool of software engineers.

Huaxia Rox: Bollywood, Hollywood... blah blah..... Chinese freak... blah blah.... and as usual with replies by CCP drones.... ending with America.

The only reason I respond to you is that your replies are so much fun.

huaxia rox

read this:

chinese: prc is 2nd economy in the world.

indian: bs. name one famous brand or product like BMW chinese can make.

and i........ was just following the suit.

and there comes the fun i like to feel.

Tolaha

read this:

chinese: prc is 2nd economy in the world.

indian: bs. name one famous brand or product like BMW chinese can make.

and i........ was just following the suit.

and there comes the fun i like to feel.
So what is the reason that you let BS become your role model?

rockdog

Country flag

India's trade deficit with China balloons to $12 billion - The Times of India

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Indias-trade-deficit-with-China-balloons-to-12-billion/articleshow/20861239.cms

---------------------------------

That's really sad, some Indian friends from this forum tried so hard to uninstall those popular mobile apps from their mobile phones, after they knew these were from China; but the deficit still growing fast.

Did they really try the best?

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag

@ All Chinese ask US/ North American stock brokers to work without their computers for a day.

Than you will know about Indian software products :taunt:

Last edited:

Impluseblade

Could you explain why India ranks only 5th in terms of software revenue among emerging markets? I am also surprised that China tops the list.

16 Indian companies in emerging top 100 software vendors list | NDTV.com

16 Indian companies in emerging top 100 software vendors list

New Delhi: As many as 16 Indian companies have made it to the list of top 100 software vendors in the emerging markets, commanding a combined revenue of $797 million, says a PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) report.

The latest PwC global 100 software leaders report also says that in terms of revenue, India was ranked fifth among the emerging markets in 2011.

In terms of software revenue among emerging markets China topped the list with $2,738 million, followed by Israel $1,174 million (2nd), Russia $1,015 million (3rd), Brazil $945 million (4th) and India $797 million (5th).

Meanwhile, Geodesic was ranked 14 on the list of software services revenue, followed by OnMobile (21), Subex (26), Infosys (27), TCS (29), FT India (35) and Tally Solutions (39).

Among other Indian firms, Cranes Software was placed in the 44th position in the list, followed by 3i Infotech (60), Newgen Software (62), Ramco Systems (64), Persistent (65), KLG Systel (71), Polaris Software (72), Educomp Solutions (85) and Teledata Technology (89).

"Emerging markets are poised to play an increasingly pivotal role in the global software industry. Focus on innovation, growing talent pool and government support are just some of the advantages of this market segment," the report said.

Meanwhile, the number of software product firms has grown over the last decade from a little over 100 in 2000 to nearly 2,400 in 2013, it said.

According to the industry body NASSCOM, the revenue from the software product segment currently stands at $2.2 billion and is expected to reach $10 billion by 2020.

The PwC report noted that software-as-a-service is gaining traction. Moreover, industry consolidation and increasing globalisation are also transforming the software sector.

"The Indian IT industry has been primarily identified with software services and this focus has relegated the software products segment to the background. However, of late, we are seeing a change in the fortunes of this segment due to significant growth," PwC India Leader Technology Sanjay Dhawan said.

Emerging technologies such as Social media, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud (SMAC) are driving the growth in the software product segment and helping it move to the next level, Dhawan added.

the problem with you chinis are that you all are master thieves and liars straight from your mother's womb(please don't get offended as i am stating the cold real fact only).you never use the real version of any software and rely only on the pirated ones to get your job done,thats why you don't hear much about the Indian Software companies.take my advise and start using the real ones and i am sure that you'll hear a lot about us.
btw i am sorry to say but your English suck,so please try to learn some basic english as most of us find usually it extremely difficult to understand the meaning of your posts.no wonder with this poor knowledge in English you won't get a job in any MNC outside China,chao!

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate

Could you explain why India ranks only 5th in terms of software revenue among emerging markets? I am also surprised that China tops the list.

16 Indian companies in emerging top 100 software vendors list | NDTV.com

16 Indian companies in emerging top 100 software vendors list

New Delhi: As many as 16 Indian companies have made it to the list of top 100 software vendors in the emerging markets, commanding a combined revenue of $797 million, says a PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) report.

The latest PwC global 100 software leaders report also says that in terms of revenue, India was ranked fifth among the emerging markets in 2011.

In terms of software revenue among emerging markets China topped the list with $2,738 million, followed by Israel $1,174 million (2nd), Russia $1,015 million (3rd), Brazil $945 million (4th) and India $797 million (5th).

Meanwhile, Geodesic was ranked 14 on the list of software services revenue, followed by OnMobile (21), Subex (26), Infosys (27), TCS (29), FT India (35) and Tally Solutions (39).

Among other Indian firms, Cranes Software was placed in the 44th position in the list, followed by 3i Infotech (60), Newgen Software (62), Ramco Systems (64), Persistent (65), KLG Systel (71), Polaris Software (72), Educomp Solutions (85) and Teledata Technology (89).

"Emerging markets are poised to play an increasingly pivotal role in the global software industry. Focus on innovation, growing talent pool and government support are just some of the advantages of this market segment," the report said.

Meanwhile, the number of software product firms has grown over the last decade from a little over 100 in 2000 to nearly 2,400 in 2013, it said.

According to the industry body NASSCOM, the revenue from the software product segment currently stands at $2.2 billion and is expected to reach $10 billion by 2020.

The PwC report noted that software-as-a-service is gaining traction. Moreover, industry consolidation and increasing globalisation are also transforming the software sector.

"The Indian IT industry has been primarily identified with software services and this focus has relegated the software products segment to the background. However, of late, we are seeing a change in the fortunes of this segment due to significant growth," PwC India Leader Technology Sanjay Dhawan said.

Emerging technologies such as Social media, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud (SMAC) are driving the growth in the software product segment and helping it move to the next level, Dhawan added.
Even a blind, deaf and mute person could answer that question. All the top Chinese IT companies are China focussed and operate in Mandarin language. Since the vast majority in China either speaks or understands Mandarin, the potential market (both enterprise and consumer) available to your companies is 1.3 billion people.

On the other hand, Indian IT companies produce software written mainly in English. Less than 20% of Indians understand and speak English-that's only 200 million people, so the enterprise market available to Indian software companies is much smaller than that available to Chinese companies. As for the consumer market, that again is fragmented with at least 26 different languages which are not supported on OS's, applications or the web to the same extent as Mandarin, and hence presents a barrier for a large majority of Indians.

The problem is lack of Internet penetration due to language barriers-this problem does not exist in China.

Impluseblade

You are saying that the survey only counts the revenue generated in the emerging market? For example, an Indian IT company works on projects from both the emerging markets and the developed markets. But the revenue from the developed market is omitted from the survey, is it correct?

Do you why Israel performs much better than India?

Even a blind, deaf and mute person could answer that question. All the top Chinese IT companies are China focussed and operate in Mandarin language. Since the vast majority in China either speaks or understands Mandarin, the potential market (both enterprise and consumer) available to your companies is 1.3 billion people.

On the other hand, Indian IT companies produce software written mainly in English. Less than 20% of Indians understand and speak English-that's only 200 million people, so the enterprise market available to Indian software companies is much smaller than that available to Chinese companies. As for the consumer market, that again is fragmented with at least 26 different languages which are not supported on OS's, applications or the web to the same extent as Mandarin, and hence presents a barrier for a large majority of Indians.

The problem is lack of Internet penetration due to language barriers-this problem does not exist in China.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate

You are saying that the survey only counts the revenue generated in the emerging market? For example, an Indian IT company works on projects from both the emerging markets and the developed markets. But the revenue from the developed market is omitted from the survey, is it correct?

Do you why Israel performs much better than India?
Such comparisons especially between software companies in multiple countries are always problematic. Regarding your question of which countries the revenue comes from, in case of Indian companies, the developed country markets are likely the US and English speaking parts of the EU. This however is true only for the enterprise sector, as in the consumer/product sector, those countries have much stronger brands and inherent local advantages that Indian software companies do not enjoy.

I'd like to know how the revenue is calculated though. Most MNC's today are incorporated in tax havens for tax avoidance/evasion purposes so is the revenue for those countries counted in the software sector of the place where they pay taxes or where they originate from (for lack of a better word)?

I'm not so surprised to see China top the list as I said earlier, due to the largest Mandarin language market in China, I am surprised to see Brazil and Russia there though, and I wonder if the same reason (linguistic homogeneity) applies there as well. As for Israel, well that's a different case altogether, as it hosts a large number of ME divisions of American companies whose software revenues are probably counted in its GDP. Intel for example has invested billions of dollars in Israel:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/03/intel_israel_fab_plans/

Again, like I said, this fudges the real software revenue numbers for Israeli companies.

Last edited:

mikhail

Country flag

Such comparisons especially between software companies in multiple countries are always problematic. Regarding your question of which countries the revenue comes from, in case of Indian companies, the developed country markets are likely the US and English speaking parts of the EU. This however is true only for the enterprise sector, as in the consumer/product sector, those countries have much stronger brands and inherent local advantages that Indian software companies do not enjoy.

I'd like to know how the revenue is calculated though. Most MNC's today are incorporated in tax havens for tax avoidance/evasion purposes so is the revenue for those countries counted in the software sector of the place where they pay taxes or where they originate from (for lack of a better word)?

I'm not so surprised to see China top the list as I said earlier, due to the largest Mandarin language market in China, I am surprised to see Brazil and Russia there though, and I wonder if the same reason (linguistic homogeneity) applies there as well. As for Israel, well that's a different case altogether, as it hosts a large number of ME divisions of American companies whose software revenues are probably counted in its GDP. Intel for example has invested billions of dollars in Israel:

Intel rumored to plunk $10bn down for Israeli fab expansion "¢ The Register

Again, like I said, this fudges the real software revenue numbers for Israeli companies.
well said mate,you just explained the pros and cons of the software industry in such a simple manner:thumb:

Tolaha

Any Chinese members here got the stats that compare Chinese software exports with that of Indian? Exports would be a neutral indicator in this case I reckon.

t_co

Lionel Messi Endorses WeChat (Chinese: Weixin) | Beijing Cream

Football superstar Lionel Messi's TVC for WeChat - Father's day - YouTube

Lionel Messi endorses WeChat, i.e. Weixin, i.e. the next Sina Weibo, as some people have called it on account of its functionality and interstellar growth. You can send texts for free (pending Internet connection), start group chats, and deliver photos and voice messages. And as Messi demonstrates in the above 30-second ad, you can communicate via video, too — Instagram, Sina Weibo, and Vine all in one.

I don't want this to sound like an endorsement for Tencent, an ad upon an ad, because WeChat certainly doesn't need any more publicity in China. The state-owned telecoms have already teamed up to get their powerful government friends to crack down on the freeness of WeChat's services, because they feel threatened. But just know the company has big plans for international growth, and Messi will certainly help. What next, the Latin America market?

What's best about tapping Messi as an endorser is it raises the stakes in China's tech war, bringing it beyond the borders of this country and out of the reach of petty state-owned enterprise leaders who chuck feces at up-and-coming innovaters who challenge their monopolies. Messi may not have the impact that Michael Jordan did on Nike in the sneaker wars of the 1990s, but our hope is that he spurs Tencent's great rival, Sina, which has international ambitions of its own, to try to top them. When companies compete, consumers win.

arya

Country flag

digvijay singh want to ban IB , how dare them to ban we chat

kongress will destroy every single origination or human who work for nation not for govt .

What about other IM applications? India seems not concerned.

Banning is not the best way, developing one of your is.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
By the way I guess India has already developed an IM Application which goes by the name "HIKE" developed by "BHARTI SOFTBANK" and I found it hell lot better than other IM applications as:-

1) It has the voice chat feature #common nowadays
2) Really interesting range of Stickers and Smileys
3) and most importantly it offers its users to sent 100 absolutely free SMS to any number across India which I think so no other IM application offers...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles