Insiders, not invaders

Adux

Country flag
I really like the fact, that higher caste hindu's are really scared of their future and getting their panties in a twist. Imagine, the generations after generations of lower caste hindu's they enslaved, plundered, raped, murdered and degraded, payback is a bitch

Adux

Country flag
Somebody want to bet, that 90% of the Hindu members here are upper caste.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Why dont we have a Caste sensex here:doh:

Any way, people get back to topic. Whether Muslims are Outsiders by ideology or not and whether they have integrated into Indian Culture or not?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I really like the fact, that higher caste hindu's are really scared of their future and getting their panties in a twist. Imagine, the generations after generations of lower caste hindu's they enslaved, plundered, raped, murdered and degraded, payback is a bitch
The so called "low-caste" are now becoming important entities and holding important positions. The "low/high caste" stuff would fade out gradually and would be in the history books.

KS

Bye bye DFI
You think the Islamic extemists will leave out the low caste Hindus either, if they decide to go on a rampage ?

To them everyone is just Hindu, pagans who ought to live as Dhimmis or be exterminated...just like for a Hindu every Sunni,Shia, Barelvi, Deobandi, Ahmadi etc are just Muslims.

Oh, and no, I'm not a "Upper caste Hindu".

Upper caste Hindus like Brahmins dont give a flying shit to these. They just hump in with the victors like they did with the British. I

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
Brahmins are no more flag bearer of Hinduism. Majority of the right-winger folks i know personally are actually from OBC category. Few are even SC. Even in BJP, Most of rightist leaders like Uma Bharti, Vinay Katiyar or even Old RSSian stalwarts like Modi, Shivraj, S.Gowda, Sushil Modi (Dy CM of Bihar) are also from OBC category.

Indeed, Digvijay Singh, Sibal, Pranav Mukherji and P.Chidambaram are from upper caste who split venom against Culture nationalism and any such ideology. UC don't have any consensus view like any OBC or SC/ST. Many support irrespective of caste or region. Ideology is never related to caste.

As Karthic said, For a Hindu every Sunni,Shia, Barelvi, Deobandi, Ahmadi, Alewite, Ismali or any of 20-30 sects are Muslims. It's same for Hindus too. Sunni and Shia may be fighting and killing in many countries from Pakistan to Syria but in India, Both are considered only as Muslims.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Brahmins are no more flag bearer of Hinduism. Majority of the right-winger folks i know personally are actually from OBC category. Few are even SC. Even in BJP, Most of rightist leaders like Uma Bharti, Vinay Katiyar or even Old RSSian stalwarts like Modi, Shivraj, S.Gowda, Sushil Modi (Dy CM of Bihar) are also from OBC category.

Indeed, Digvijay Singh, Sibal, Pranav Mukherji and P.Chidambaram are from upper caste who split venom against Culture nationalism. UC don't have any consensus view like any OBC or SC/ST. Many support irrespective of caste or region.

As Karthic said, For a Hindu every Sunni,Shia, Barelvi, Deobandi, Ahmadi, Alewite, Ismali or any of 20-30 sects are Muslims. It's same for Hindus too.
No he is not...He is a baniya...:pound:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Oops....:rofl: Baniya is also UC in T.N. ?
Actually we dont call them Baniyas. I told that for your understanding.

They are a mercantile community, pretty cunning at that..but come under BCs in TN.

KS

Bye bye DFI
KS - the trouble lies in the bold...Why so much stress on foreign, and why single out the Muslims? It is this "Islam is foreign" logic that is behind many of the false allegations, suspicions and marginalization.
Is it not ? That is a historical , geographical fact unless ofcourse Arabia was a part of Indian subcontinent.

Second, even if it was indeed foreign there is a chance at assimilation, like what the Persians did. Even that has not happened in the Indian subcontinent.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
Most of the Jholawala Leftist of JNU are Brahmin. They are flag bearer of Anti-Saffron campaign. Many of them are working in various news agency including few in UK media. They know only one thing. Spread propaganda against Saffron, Culture nationalism, Promote their retard leftist ideology and hate US/support China.

Then If one observe most of the Anti-Saffron folks in media are also Brahmin. Same story is with Congress. VP singh who introduced OBC reservation was from UC.

Upper Caste do not have any consensus or similar ideology or political position. It's all about individual wish. No one thinks of caste for adopting any ideology. Yes, Most of them are from Middle-Class which consists people from each caste and group. Go and visit state like Jharkhand, Orissa, Chattisgarh, MP where 40%+ population are SC+ST. Most of the rightist and pro-saffron leaders are ST. People don't even think who is who, They just think of ideology!!

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
I am really suprised by some people's standards on "Muslim patriotism"
The debate is not about patriotism perse.

Just because MJ Akbar wants to raise reservation peacefully and democratically or protest about the arrest of Kazmi peacefully and democratically makes him less of an Indian. Or if someone talks about peace with Pakistan he becomes a traitor?
MJ Akbar was given as an example of a quintessential, liberal minded Muslim. And he may be when he is outside with others...but in a cozy environment he is just another closet supremacist who thinks "Muslims ruled over India".

BTW Ejaz why should Muslims have reservation in the first place. Isn't Islam supposed to be an egalitarian religion wherein no castes exist ? Taking advantage of caste based reservation goes against the tenets of Islam.

So what does that makes the 40% of the OBC populations and the remaining 25% of the SC/ST popualtion that have demanded reservations as well.
Casteism is a bane of Hinduism, remember ? So only. The religions of peace which have no castes like Islam and Christianity can stay away from reservations.

And what about the time when the BJP and gone up in arms against Sadhi Pragya Thakur and other Abhinav Bharat arrests which involved Hindu extremists in bomb plots across the country?
What bout them ? Most of them were arrested with a huge fanfare before elections and their trial has been in limbo ever since with the NIA/ATS not being able to provide any tangible proof of their crimes.. The BJP protested against that. Tell me once the BJP protests after they have been convicted for any crimes. It's the same as Diggi or Owaisi or any media channel visiting the family of the muslim "boys" who were arrested for terror acts and expressing solidarity with them.

And what about Vajpayee and Advani jumping head over heels trying to patch up with Pakistan and that too with Mushrraf a person who had launched Kargil a few months back. And might I mention that Modi ruled Gujarat at present runs a robust trade with Pakistan's Karachi
What bout them ? No one said nuking Pakistan is a barometer of any one's patriotism.

MJ Akbar has written extensive supporting the Indian pov on an international scale and you would'nt have done even 1% of what he has done for India at a global image level.
Yet he remains a closet supremacist who harbors delusions of "He ruling over Hindus",

Understand that you have to start looking at Indian Muslims as US not THEM. NOt all Indian Muslims think alike, they are as diverse in opinion as any Hindu.
100% agree.

But it took only one Jinnah or Iqbal to mobilize opinion to divide this country.

The unfortunate legacy of Partition which we all have to live with.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
So does Javed Akthar and Lt.General Hasnian also do the same. If they dont, then if I replace the Jung and Naqvi, and produce a hypothetical tv program, then will the muslim community be their reflection. .
Minor nitpick. Javed Akhar is not a Muslim, but an atheist.

Sukerchakia

Somebody want to bet, that 90% of the Hindu members here are upper caste.
I agree. More than 90% Hindu members here would be from he higher castes. Even today, the spread of resources and access to things like this forum via internet is highly caste biased. So it wont be a surprise.

Sukerchakia

Is it not ? That is a historical , geographical fact unless ofcourse Arabia was a part of Indian subcontinent.

Second, even if it was indeed foreign there is a chance at assimilation, like what the Persians did. Even that has not happened in the Indian subcontinent.
I believe there is ample evidence of assimilation. Its just your own fears borne out of the past that are at work here.

pankaj nema

Country flag
This debate will go on for a long time :namaste:

Nobody will be in the mood for such topics for several weeks at least :wave:

ejazr

Ambassador
The debate is not about patriotism perse.
Well if you honestly believed that, then we can close this thread. Because that is what this entire thread has been about

MJ Akbar was given as an example of a quintessential, liberal minded Muslim. And he may be when he is outside with others...but in a cozy environment he is just another closet supremacist who thinks "Muslims ruled over India".
Ah yes, the muslim conspiracy to rule over India again. Infact, if you are honest with yourself and apply the same standards that you apply to MJ Akbar, you would be more of a Hindu supremacist

BTW Ejaz why should Muslims have reservation in the first place. Isn't Islam supposed to be an egalitarian religion wherein no castes exist ? Taking advantage of caste based reservation goes against the tenets of Islam.
Now distract the debate from wether asking for reservation is unpatriotic to wether it is Islamic.

The point is not about merits of the reservation system. Does Sikhism and Buddhism support the caste system? Taking advantage of the caste system is against Sikhism or Buddhism? Infact, does giving SC/ST reservation mean that Hinduism supports the concept of untouchability?

What I am exposing here is that mere asking about reservation does not turn a person unpatriotic. Otherwise what about the Jats who are bringing railways to halt or the OBCs that rioted all over India agitating for reservations. THAT is the point.

The merits of reservation is a completely seperate topic

Casteism is a bane of Hinduism, remember ? So only. The religions of peace which have no castes like Islam and Christianity can stay away from reservations.
See above

What bout them ? Most of them were arrested with a huge fanfare before elections and their trial has been in limbo ever since with the NIA/ATS not being able to provide any tangible proof of their crimes.. The BJP protested against that. Tell me once the BJP protests after they have been convicted for any crimes. It's the same as Diggi or Owaisi or any media channel visiting the family of the muslim "boys" who were arrested for terror acts and expressing solidarity with them.
So you are saying that the BJP has the right to protest against "innocent" who have been arrested but others don't? And you don't see the hypocrisy in that statement? There have been numerous cases of innocent Muslims being arrested on trumped up charges and then being released because they have been acquitted in the courts of law.
Just as an example:
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ror-cases-without-proof-paper.html#post463411
I suggest you watch the youtube link in that post as well and note that even after that Hyderabadi boy was put in jail on trumped up charges and had his entire career destroyed, he is still saying that he is a proud Indian and that he is loyal to his country.

No Indian Muslim is opposed to punishing those involved in terrorism. Infact, the major tips regarding terrorist attacks do come from Muslims themselves. In cases where there is clear cut evidence like Ajmal Kasab, the entire Indian Muslim community has openly come out and said hang him.

What bout them ? No one said nuking Pakistan is a barometer of any one's patriotism.
Good so hopefully you won't question an Indian Muslims' patriotism is he talks about trade or ties with Pakistan

Yet he remains a closet supremacist who harbors delusions of "He ruling over Hindus",
See this is an example of how people turn everything into a Hindu-Muslim issue. Reminds of how some Pakistanis in another forum react on issues to be honest.
Did MJ Akbar even mention the word Hindu in that article? But unfortunately you seem to start seeing Hindu Muslim even when that is not there. A peptalk where MJ Akbar is trying to build condidence asking students to join the national mainstream, contribute to the development of India and not indulge in panic or appeasement stories for Muslims is turned over its head.

This is what I mentioned where seamingly minor things are being taken as some sort of "betrayal". Unfortunately, I don't think there would anyone who can meet your "lofty standards" of patriotism.

100% agree.
But it took only one Jinnah or Iqbal to mobilize opinion to divide this country.
The unfortunate legacy of Partition which we all have to live with.
See this is what happens when people don't know history or believe the Pakistani version of it without question. Iqbal never advocated a partition of the country first of all and Jinnah would never have had his Pakistan wihout British support. I have explained in other places repeatedly how Muslim Legue did not even have popular support in provinces of present day Pakistan including Punjab. It was only with a lot of blatant collusion with the British as well as fear mongering in the name of "Islam in danger" that they were even able to get their position. And remember, elections then were NOT universal franchise but only those who owned land which was less than 10% of the populace. Not to mention that even people like Sarvarkar had championed Hindu Muslim unity just like Jinnah turned around as well after his incarceration by the British.

Point to note is that both Jinnah and Sarvarkar where not devout Muslims or Hindus. Sarvarkar called himself an atheist advocated that Hindus should eat Beef and refused his wife from being cremated according to Hindu traditions. Similarly Jinnah drank wine and ate pork sandwiches. It was about politics for both of them rather than religion. Hence the reason why devout religious Muslims like Maulana Azad or Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan or devout Hindus like Mahatma Gandhi opposed the paritition.

Indian Muslims are ofcourse living with the legacy of the parition because THEY are the ones who are most affected by it and suffer the most, even though they had no say in it. People like you do not. Didn't you yourself say that you are happy that Jinnah created Pakistan so that you don't have to worry about all these "Muslims"?

Isn't it irony of the highest order that the legacy of the parition that as a whole is favourable for Hindus like you is now taken as a cudgel to beat Indian Muslims - who suffered the most because of it? Think about it dispassionately. Muslims want to be part of the idea of inclusive Nationalism propagated by people like Khan Abdul Gaffar, Mahatma Gandhi, Sardar Patel, Ambedkar, Maulana Azad. Nehru e.t.c. Infact, you might even add Sarvarkar and Jinnah pre 1930s into that list. But don't you see it as unfortunate that even after 60 years, you are using the partition, something that benefited you, to blame Indian Muslims today who had no part in those decisions and have suffered the most because of it.

Indian Muslims have learnt their lesson and the futility of the "Islam in danger" slogan. The question is will some Hindus fall for the "Hindus in danger" slogan now?
At present, Muslims have one of the lowest literacy levels, govt employment levels and also political representations in accordance with their population. But despite all this, if you have this insecurity that Muslims will take over Indian govt. and start killing the rest of the 85% of the Indian population, then I must congragulate the person who made you believe that.

Anyways, this is my last post on this thread. I think I have done enough of nitpicking on a a topic that frankly seems to go round in circles. Visit a local mosque in your locality or madrassa or attend an open day at one and you may find that Muslims are not as scary as you are making them out to be. Dont' believe fake online petitions started by dubious organisations which have a history of muslim bashing. That's like expecting authentic information about Jews from a neo-nazi fan club site.

Best of Luck!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles