INSAT-2E Completes 13 Years Of Successful Operation

john70

Country flag
INSAT-2E Completes 13 Years Of Successful Operation.

After 13 years of operation, INSAT-2E, the last of the five satellites in the INSAT-2 series, has successfully completed its mission life. After 13 years of operation, INSAT-2E, the last of the five satellites in the INSAT-2 series, has successfully completed its mission life.

INSAT-2E was built with a planned mission life of 12 years and continued to function beyond that, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said in a statement here today.

Launched on April 3, 1999 by the European Ariane-5 launcher, INSAT-2E was positioned at 830 East longitude in the geostationary orbit.

INSAT-2E carried 14 C-band and 5 lower extended C-band transponders for various communication services. The satellite also carried a Very High Resolution Radiometer and a Charge Coupled Device camera for meteorological observation.

The 11 communication transponders of 36 MHz bandwidth onboard INSAT-2E were leased to International Telecommunication Satellite Organisation (INTELSAT), the first such lease from an Indian satellite. INSAT-2E was controlled from Master Control Facility at Hassan.

trackwhack

INSAT-2E Completes 13 Years Of Successful Operation.

After 13 years of operation, INSAT-2E, the last of the five satellites in the INSAT-2 series, has successfully completed its mission life. After 13 years of operation, INSAT-2E, the last of the five satellites in the INSAT-2 series, has successfully completed its mission life.

INSAT-2E was built with a planned mission life of 12 years and continued to function beyond that, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said in a statement here today.

Launched on April 3, 1999 by the European Ariane-5 launcher, INSAT-2E was positioned at 830 East longitude in the geostationary orbit.

INSAT-2E carried 14 C-band and 5 lower extended C-band transponders for various communication services. The satellite also carried a Very High Resolution Radiometer and a Charge Coupled Device camera for meteorological observation.

The 11 communication transponders of 36 MHz bandwidth onboard INSAT-2E were leased to International Telecommunication Satellite Organisation (INTELSAT), the first such lease from an Indian satellite. INSAT-2E was controlled from Master Control Facility at Hassan.
I did my Engg final year project here. What a place!

And now I work in a bank. :frusty:

trackwhack

Can you tell us more about it ?
My project was a study on the methods to estimate the amount of space debris. The methods varied based on the size of the debris, their orbital altitude etc. but all were based on remote sensing. When I get back to India I can scan the project report and put it up if you are interested in reading it. Its pretty boring as it primarily focuses on what frequencies can detect what size particles, the limitations of range for different frequencies and hence the challenges of detecting geosynchronous debris etc. My lecturers were eventually very unimpressed as they thought it would be better if I actually built some gadget like most others were doing - go to bangalore buy a PCB circuit and write shit.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles