INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
MSMC is good looking gun and it is light also. I expect that it will be used by COBRA force and GHATAK force, for testing it it in real time situations and then if it succeeds then give to the ARMY.........

AshutoshNSingh

MSMC is good looking gun and it is light also. I expect that it will be used by COBRA force and GHATAK force, for testing it it in real time situations and then if it succeeds then give to the ARMY.........
Cobras use X95 - 12000 of the carbines - while Ghatak has already ordered 1500+ Brugger Thomet MP9s. MSMC might replace OFB made Sterling carbines if ever gets into service.

Last edited:

Victor Sierra

Country flag
Sorry for going little off-topic but this BT MP9 willl replace which gun & how many there will be in one platoon & when we can expect it going into action ?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sorry for going little off-topic but this BT MP9 willl replace which gun & how many there will be in one platoon & when we can expect it going into action ?
MSMC is a PDW, Amogh carbine is intended to replace unreliable 9mm carbine for Army and it will be issued to those who are now unreliable 9mm carbine

agentperry

today i saw post of bsf going for berreta or something with similar name smg. in past one year alone i heard many different organs of indian armed forces not going for insas weapons. i wish to know what could be the possible fate of ordinance factories producing insas series of arms as even the special forces to paramilitary and army all are going for anything but insas

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Insas in use side by side with TAR-21 & M4 just as AK and VZ-58, Procuring new arms doesn't meant end of others..

As for Paramilitary its huge and BSF is just one of it and its doubtful about the news itself as it make no logic..

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Re: New Rifles for Indian Army

Bye bye Indian Guns?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Re: New Rifles for Indian Army

I think only @Kunal Biswas and @Ray can say what's wrong with INSAS to not deserve a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles