INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

doreamon

Country flag
nepal army lost to maoists due to insas .No need to glorify it . Any idea whn ak203 production going to start ?

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
nepal army lost to maoists due to insas .No need to glorify it . Any idea whn ak203 production going to start ?

at the same time, INSAS is also the same rifle that won us the kargil.. i do not know why nepalis lost against maoists but INSAS is not the reason.

INSAS has its own problem. i.E the design is outdated. but it is not a bad rifle. since coming from texas, i know lot of firearms and i own guns, lots of guns.. and i don't mind picking up insas if i have to.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
You use too strong words for a fanboy. Nor all you have been saying has anything do with facts either.

1. I stand corrected it says it can take NATO standard round But the rounds provided by OFB in comparison to NATO standard one well let those who have used tell us abt it.

2. The move to 7.62 *51 mm round is due to change in strategy of army. Infact even in USA and intermediate round 6.8 mm calibre is in talks and was in India too few years back.

3. Now firing in Auto mode.

The recoil generated isn't unmanageable that's a very stupid statement . Let's rephrase it first , the recoil is high but with the new ARs that's a useless point as the recoil has decreased a lot in modern rifles .

It would be the same case for INSAS too between how often you think soldier fire their rifles in full auto mode ? Every round counts.

Perhaps the no. of round a soldier can carry and weight might be an issue that's it.

Having said that army is replacing them for right reasons infact we should have never diverted from the original slr rounds for replacement.
you are wrong 7.62 nato is useless in fullauto, excluding LMGs ofcourse. There is a reason the british SLRs were semi-auto only. Even the amerixans disabled the full-auto function from their m14 rifles. The americans are moving to 6.5 because it has better knock down power and has better range because its mass allows it to stay stable for longer, it also has significantly less recoil than 7.62 nato round.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I fookin love the Sig 716 mate.

I've never seen a rifle so clean, so sleek, so smooth yet so deadly.

Just look at it.

Full length picattiny rail above and below.
Rotating bolt catch be smooth as fuck.

No hassle no anything.

This

Vs

Straight out of RSS sangh Parivar.

1000 $ a piece 2 billion dollar for 2 million active+ reserve, just fookin buy the license and Mass produce it.
RSS runs OFB? I thought there was a nexus of 3 unions.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
RSS contribution is orange colour of Insas.
RSS lads are brave and fine warriors but are unfortunately not good gunsmiths along with the other two unions. Let the Private Sector take over now!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles