INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by pavanvenkatesh, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Unknowncommando 2

Unknowncommando 2 Senior Member Senior Member

20200123_194028.jpg
    Meanwhile local police nibbas are happy with Excalibur MK
    INSAS LMG besides

2. Veiled V I P E R 2

Veiled V I P E R 2 Regular Member

3. ALBY

ALBY Elite Member Elite Member

Sorry bro, didnt noticed that one.. India mein sab chalta hei especially when those decision makers are bunch of assholes who no lobger have to serve in the field

4. nongaddarliberal

nongaddarliberal Senior Member Senior Member

Enough with OFB. If we require new firearms, put out a tender to Indian private companies, and select the best submission. We simply refuse to face the reality of OFB's obsolescence.

Assassin 2.0 likes this.
  5. nongaddarliberal

nongaddarliberal Senior Member Senior Member

I guess our generals just don't like seeing modern looking firearms in regular troops hands. Full length picatinny, and length adjustable buttstocks have proven to be very useful in all armies which have adopted them. Especially with the vastly differing heights in Indian troops. Full length picatinny would also be useful to mount laser designators along with sights.

6. vampyrbladez

vampyrbladez Senior Member Senior Member

We can mount laser designators, flash lights and foregrip on the production variant but the loss of the thumb shelf on the selector lever is pretty stupid. Of all the features that were removed, this is the one that irks me the most. Russians possibly asked for $25 per piece vs the usual $10 for the selector and some MoD bean-counter decided to scrap it.

I'm pretty sure a bunch of mechanical engineering 2nd year kids could mill out a few pieces in under an hour.

SKC, itsme, Bhumihar and 2 others like this.
  7. ram singh तोपची

ram singh तोपची Regular Member

so why the fish army does not go with Bulgarian M5F41 if it is practically same ugsy0yvdaay31.png

8. itsme

itsme Regular Member

I seriously hope this 203 deal gets scraped. The Russians are ripping us off.

Akula and Mangal like this.
  9. Mangal

Mangal Regular Member

Basically we are paying for AK203 and buying AK103. That's open shameless corruption and nothing else. I am waiting for what CAG has to say over this fiasco. I too hope the deal gets scraped.

Akula likes this.
  10. vampyrbladez

vampyrbladez Senior Member Senior Member

MHA has booked the M5F41 orders for years. M1F41 orders are now being taken over by Trichy Assault Rifle. Apparently it could be be a simple case of ToT to OFB by JSC Arsenal AD . Besides this is Russian hafta for veto at UNSC and access to strategic technology like nuclear submarines, S-400, hypersonic technology, MIRV, etc.

[​IMG]

Special thanks to @Unknowncommando 2 for the above image.

[​IMG]

Other than the removal of the ergonomic stock,thumb shelf on selector lever, Picatinny rail on upper handguard and 50 round magazine, the production AK 203 is the same as the display model. Most of these cuts are for reducing the per unit cost for the average infantry soldier. Only the thumb shelf on the selector lever irritates me because some MoD Babu was responsible for that.