INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
https://www.armyrecognition.com/feb...nic_assault_rifle_of_indian_armed_forces.html
You were right
Indian Army officials have asked them to remove retractable buttstock and upper hand guard with rails features. Also reported by the Army recognition. So we are going to get AK-203 with traditional AK-74/AK-103 stock.
View attachment 43210
If this is the version we're getting here then...

Frankly at this point i wish this whole deal gets butchered ASAP.It offers NOTHING over what we are manufacturing domestically here,OFB Trichy and Ghaatak and even recent OFB 5.56mm Carbine of SG540/SG550 pattern,just make a 7.62x39mm version outta it!.

If this is the exact SHIT Indian Army wants then they should better get local one instead of imported ruskie one.

At this moment,My proposal is plain,simple...Take OFB Trichy and make our own Beryl Rifle outta it!
i.e. turn this...

into this

FB Beryl in 5.56x45mm,standard issue rifle of Polish Army.

totally not a rocket science.The same Bulgarians from whom we've copied the trichy has made similar thing to their current iteration of Arsenal AR series...

rone

Country flag
Russian's cashing on our PSU incompetency to produce basics needs of our army , best option go for SSS defense rifles in take a token order up to 50k deploy in jk and validate it if works fine give rest of the order for them,this ak203 deal going to be bofor for bjp government

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
If this is the version we're getting here then...

Frankly at this point i wish this whole deal gets butchered ASAP.It offers NOTHING over what we are manufacturing domestically here,OFB Trichy and Ghaatak and even recent OFB 5.56mm Carbine of SG540/SG550 pattern,just make a 7.62x39mm version outta it!.

If this is the exact SHIT Indian Army wants then they should better get local one instead of imported ruskie one.

At this moment,My proposal is plain,simple...Take OFB Trichy and make our own Beryl Rifle outta it!
i.e. turn this...

into this

FB Beryl in 5.56x45mm,standard issue rifle of Polish Army.

totally not a rocket science.The same Bulgarians from whom we've copied the trichy has made similar thing to their current iteration of Arsenal AR series...

It may not be a rocket science for poles and bulgarians, but for Ofb guys who reinvent Ak47 in 2019, its still a rocket science of next century

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

The Upgraded Insas Rifle...Folding butt stock with cheek rest...full upper picatinny rail..red dot sight..front hand guard with rails and T-POD folding Bipod Grip...Magazine of 30 rounds capacity reduces stoppage to an extent...
Pretty but pointless... IA never bothered to ask for any of these features 5-10 years ago (still don't in the upcoming Ak-203 deal) & it's too late for INSAS now.

For sone reason the ARDE carbine & OFB 7.62×51 still uses the old buttstock, that would change.

Yogendra Rana

Country flag
Pretty but pointless... IA never bothered to ask for any of these features 5-10 years ago (still don't in the upcoming Ak-203 deal) & it's too late for INSAS now.

For sone reason the ARDE carbine & OFB 7.62×51 still uses the old buttstock, that would change.

HOW DO YOU KNOW....we are supplying these to IA...don't just guess buddy...Even the 203 will be having the similar furniture bro.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

This One from MAGPUL...
Isn't INSAS upgrade's butt & grip from FAB Defense too?
HOW DO YOU KNOW....we are supplying these to IA...donn't just guess buddy...
Had to guess, because noone here had ever seen a public photo of that with Army... But please address this below part;
For some reason the ARDE carbine & OFB 7.62×51 still uses the old buttstock & grip. I hope that would change.

Are you from OFB? It'll be good to have someone from there.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
View attachment 43226

The Upgraded Insas Rifle...Folding butt stock with cheek rest...full upper picatinny rail..red dot sight..front hand guard with rails and T-POD folding Bipod Grip...Magazine of 30 rounds capacity reduces stoppage to an extent...
Maybe a INSAS LMG? barrel looks bulkier than regular INSAS.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles