INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The AK 203 does have a folding stock on closer inspection. However it is obvious that even an FAB defence stock is better than this one. The upper hand rail has also been replaced with a non picatinny rail sample. Only the 50 round AK 203 magazine, muzzle break / flash hider, pistol grip and dust cover picatinny rail till the gas block remains. Price should not exceed $800 per unit as is currently envisioned.
If Russians persist with $1000 figure, simply retrofit above changes to TAR and add the Trinetra weapon optics.

Butt stock is foldable like the AK 103.

Final features will be closer to the M5F41.

What the fuck? Seriously they are going to sell us this old Ak103 after showing the new 203 one? That too at 1000 USD? Shit.
Its better to buy M5F41 than Tar or Ak203.
Buying Tar at 800 USD from OFB is dumb as nowwhere in the world a vanila Ak costs that much unless its of antique value

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
The AK 203 does have a folding stock on closer inspection. However it is obvious that even an FAB defence stock is better than this one. The upper hand rail has also been replaced with a non picatinny rail sample. Only the 50 round AK 203 magazine, muzzle break / flash hider, pistol grip and dust cover picatinny rail till the gas block remains. Price should not exceed $800 per unit as is currently envisioned.
If Russians persist with $1000 figure, simply retrofit above changes to TAR and add the Trinetra weapon optics.

Butt stock is foldable like the AK 103.

It's AK103M which is nothing but an AK-103 with rails on dust cover and hand guard

harsh

Country flag
What the fuck? Seriously they are going to sell us this old Ak103 after showing the new 203 one? That too at 1000 USD? Shit.
Its better to buy M5F41 than Tar or Ak203.
Buying Tar at 800 USD from OFB is dumb as nowwhere in the world a vanila Ak costs that much unless its of antique value
Well for TAR that is the asking price... They never got what they quote.... It is all in the hands of MOD.... If MOD wants rifles for free they have to give that

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
@porky_kicker @Gessler @Johny_Baba @abingdonboy @ALBY @Shaitan

EQQi1QGU0AAFWDL.jpeg

One to img to be noted is between their better models - JVPC, ARDE carbine, AAR & battle rifle - there's a surprising about of basic functioning difference! Are all these completely seperate?

Like here wasn't a 7.62×52 version of Carbine or MCIWS... MCIWS telescopic buttstock not used in others... Carbines full rails & short-stroke piston probably not used in atleast 2 of the 4... & so on.

Last edited:

Gessler

Country flag

View attachment 43046
One to img to be noted is between their better models - JVPC, ARDE carbine, AAR & battle rifle - there's a surprising about of basic functioning difference! Are all these completely seperate?

Like here wasn't a 7.62×52 version of Carbine or MCIWS... MCIWS telescopic buttstock not used in others... Carbines full rails & short-stroke piston probably not used in atleast 2 of the 4... & so on.
MCIWS as far as I know was a completely ARDE in-house effort in terms of design. Rest of the stuff (JVPC, new carbine) are more of a joint effort between ARDE (DRDO) and OFB.

New carbine is using the polymer stock seen previously on INSAS 1C & on 7.62x51 R-2 rifle.

As far as I know, IA must not have made length-adjustable stock a necessity, hence they're going with this.

Which weapon is this and from whom?
It's from College of Military Engineering (CME), Pune. It's an in-house R&D project to the best of my knowledge. Maybe they'll attempt to enter it in Carbine competition (the larger one with MII component, not the current fast-track one where Caracal emerged L-1).

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

View attachment 43046

Sorry to disappoint you,except perhaps MCIWS // AAR all the firearms you mentioned are Kalashnikov derivatives with its iconic bolt+bolt carrier mechanism and long stroke gas piston reloading mechanism.

Even MCIWS/AAR originally was mixture of Stoner and Kalashnikov mechanisms with long stroke gas piston reloading mechanism wedded with AR-18-ish multi lug rotating bolt and bolt carrier mechanism, Trigger mechanism was from Kalashnikov and outer shell (receiver) and features were based on AR-15.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I hope someone offers or develops Bullpub versions of FN FAL & INSAS 7.62x51 rifles
That would be extremely uncomfirtable firearm to shoot,

already 7.62 NATO itself is a notorious round for having high recoil,then FAL and Kalashnikov platforms have recoil issues,muzzle climb issues on rapid fire and what not due to their operational characteristics...and you want to wed it all together in bullpup packages for FAL and Kalashnikov chambered in 7.62 NATO - that will directly kick that recoil to the shoulder of the shooter.

it can be done,but don't expect a military class rifle from such jugaad.

abhay rajput

Country flag
Relax guys ak203 is coming whether you like it or not.. honestly it's decent gun , I have heard veterans talking about insas in Kargil .. I mean even the mags were cracked by just falling on the ground.. I am pretty sure that am 203 will live up to its name...
USA guns are expensive ( Sig saucer 700 crores some 73k guns)..

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Relax guys ak203 is coming whether you like it or not.. honestly it's decent gun , I have heard veterans talking about insas in Kargil .. I mean even the mags were cracked by just falling on the ground.. I am pretty sure that am 203 will live up to its name...
AK 203 - $ 1000 - $ 1100 (Initial Batch ; Will be much less later on)

Sig 716 G2 - $ 990

Getting fleeced by foreign MIC - Priceless!

abhay rajput

Country flag
AK 203 - $ 1000 - $ 1100 (Initial Batch ; Will be much less later on)

Sig 716 G2 - $ 990

Getting fleeced by foreign MIC - Priceless!
Doesn't matter bro , ak 203 will be selected whether we like it or not.. it's a done deal ,what I hear... Moreover the later batches which will be made in India will be more cheaper ...

Maddy_9UY

Country flag
Old news hai mere bhai .... That was the first version of Insas. All these issues were resolved. However INSAS is a good rifle marred by the OFB's shoddy quality control.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles