INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If we are talking about Indian sniper rifle made design by OFB, It was originally in fiber body and latter change to wood as per requirement set by Indian Army.

2009-11 photo.

Like I said users specified wood not polymer which adds a huge amount to the weight

Can’t deny those SSS things are beautiful and should be ordered ASAP in large quantities, starting with SFs.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
That is a rifleman with LMG, The suit is available to individual solider as well..
I have Always Wondered Why Can’t India make a Belt Fed Version of the INSAS LMG By Redesigning and Replacing Some Parts. Since Out of the INSAS Rifle System Only the LMG works. This Could Also Apply to the 7.62 Bren Or Berthier LMG That India Still Uses. Why can’t we Make them Belt Fed version of these as well. India could have a Home Grown LMG out of these and Not Buy Foreign Weapons.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
We are a offensive force rather defensive and like to keep our soldiers light weighted.

Magazine fed LMG are much solider friendly than belt feed, the ammunition is carried not only by the solider issued LMG but all men in that formation ( Squad, platoon ) Its easy to carry magazines in vests, INSAS LMG accept 1B1 22rnd Magazine as well as vise versa, In long run solider fatigue is always a concern.

After Kargil war their was a need for a belt feed system which we call GPMG and its under prototyping.

I have Always Wondered Why Can’t India make a Belt Fed Version of the INSAS LMG By Redesigning and Replacing Some Parts. Since Out of the INSAS Rifle System Only the LMG works. This Could Also Apply to the 7.62 Bren Or Berthier LMG That India Still Uses. Why can’t we Make them Belt Fed version of these as well. India could have a Home Grown LMG out of these and Not Buy Foreign Weapons.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Work in progress, by OFB
This video is 2 years old, which means final version should have been ready by now, yet no news on it yet.

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
We are a offensive force rather defensive and like to keep our soldiers light weighted.

Magazine fed LMG are much solider friendly than belt feed, the ammunition is carried not only by the solider issued LMG but all men in that formation ( Squad, platoon ) Its easy to carry magazines in vests, INSAS LMG accept 1B1 22rnd Magazine as well as vise versa, In long run solider fatigue is always a concern.

After Kargil war their was a need for a belt feed system which we call GPMG and its under prototyping.
Magazine Fed Machine Guns are Outdated Now. Majority of the Military Forces Around the World has Some Kind of Belt Fed Machine. Bren and INSAS LMG has Limited Ammo Capacity and Changing Magazines are Pain in Ass in a Offensive Operation. India could have Adopted the 7.62 Version of Israeli IMI Negev Belt Fed Machine Gun. But it is nice to hear India making its own Machine Gun. I understand what you are try to get at. We can use the Magazine Fed LMGs as like a Full on Automatic Role providing Fire Support and Belt Fed Machine Guns as Static Defenses and on top of Vehicles.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles