INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Is there any plans for having belt fed LMG version???

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Magazines are never full loaded unless they have to, That is because the spring inside the magazine slowly become weak, Spring which force the rounds upwards in a magazine, So one load 20rnds in a 22 rnd mag, and 28-25rnds in a 30rnd mag..

=================================

Btw, I have my own plans to upgrade INSAS 1B1, but every-time i try to discuss it, people start making noise about outdated faults so i never get chance to talk about..
Though my plans is to replace the butt, modify front grip, the pistol grip and install a 15cm long P-rail over the OFB rail, I will discuss when i will do that in near future..

Kunal Sir: Why is it that the 30 rounds mag is usually loaded with around 22-25 rounds?? Wat I heard from a CRPF guy is that the OFB 5.56 rounds are lethal enough and the INSAS is a more preferred rifle they use...I completely agree with the thing that the INSAS can still be worked upon n made better....

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
hope they will make mini gun type Machine gun with belt feed for Helicopters, BMP, jeep and trucks.

i think this is must for cold start. We have to over run enemy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Re: New Assault Rifles for Indian Army

Indian Only, But the due to lesser availability, Import was done..

India produce 3 type of FMJ 5.56MM >>>>>>>>>>>>

INSAS Ammunition >>

INSAS 5.56mm Rifle Use NATO standard FMJ Ammunition this Include SS109, M193 Also Indian Made 5.56mm, Details and Pictures following >>

=========================
=========================

5.56 X 45MM SS109 FMJ

Mass : 4.0 gm

==========================

5.56 X 45mm M193 FMJ

Mass : 3.56 gm

5.56 X 45mm OFB FMJ

Mass : 4.16 gm
AFAIK the M193 had a lead core, at least originally, which is what gave those gruesome wounds. I'm guessing the ones used by IA are steel cores.
It would make sense when using against regular infantry, since body armor needs to be penetrated whereas the lead cores usually fragment on impact, and thus have limited penetration.

So the IA could change to lead core M193 ammunition for use against terrorists. These wounds would suit them.

Please Note these images were posted by @Kunal Sir. I'm just reposting to show what the effect of hydrostatic shock, bullet tumbling and bullet fragmentation can have on human body. The bullet is the original lead core M193 5.56.

Notice the 2nd image. The permanent damage/disorientation to surrounding tissue due to hydrostatic shock is clearly visible. A wave pattern has formed up around the opening. Inside, the muscles have literally been blown away from the path of the projectile.The muscles, nerve fibres and even blood vessels even in the apparently undamaged areas are in all likelyhood completely ruptured.

Also, it is not visible but inside the wounds, the flesh has developed white marks associated with deep burns due to hot metal tumbling on penetration. Add to that bullet fragmentation and a number of such burns have formed deep inside the wounds.

The X-Ray image also shows several fragments, both from the bone shattering as well as the bullet fragmentation. The removal procedure is very complicated, and even then, it is unlikely that all the fragments can be removed.

I'm sure the ultra Freedom fighters of LET/HeJ would enjoy these sights.

Waffen SS

Re: New Assault Rifles for Indian Army

But what happened to 5.56 Kalantak micro assault rifle?

I think this Indigenous rifle would be better than these foreign rifles.

I think it would be a good replacement of INSAS rifle.

7.62 vs 5.56.
@Kunal Biswas,sir,I checked the AMOGH INSAS,great rifle,then I cant see any reason to buy Foreign weapons.

So dump Foreign rifles,we should use our own weapons.

Any backups for your claim?????
Well,sir
Last time when I was visiting Kashmir I had seen a platoon of Paras
And I saw one or two men holding it!!
And once in an NDTV documentary I had a glimpse MSMC!!
And I am sure it was MSMC not Uzi because I am an avid Black ops2 player I. Which MSMC has been featured and I must say it is a damn good gun!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
LOC Shooting Range (AK 47,INSAS LMG) Sikh regiment,Indian Army

Published on Oct 22, 2012 : L.O.C Visit having fun with AK 47,INSAS,9mm,LMG,freaking shells hitting iPhone.
Song : Assi Sikh Haan
:cool2:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles