INS Vishal (IAC- II) Aircraft Carrier - Flattop or Ski Jump

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Actually, My post is towards more about matured 5th gen fighter on offer with tot hence the question i asked ..

And the answer is obviously none with the terms & codes..

You were replying to the Junk 31. Rafale can take care of it.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Actually, My post is towards more about matured 5th gen fighter on offer with tot hence the question i asked ..
There are no mature 5th gen fighters on offer. F-22 is off the table and then, your pilots would be afraid to fly it. F-35 is anything but mature. Rafale with the SH stealth pods will be more stealthy than an export F-35. You know they are downgraded for export?

binayak95

Country flag
There are no mature 5th gen fighters on offer. F-22 is off the table and then, your pilots would be afraid to fly it. F-35 is anything but mature. Rafale with the SH stealth pods will be more stealthy than an export F-35. You know they are downgraded for export?
The f 35 isn't ready for service yet. The USMC's first planes just took off. The rafales have got better range and handling. I would rather bet my money on the T-50 naval version or on the AMCA.

binayak95

Country flag
The f 35 isn't ready for service yet. The USMC's first planes just took off. The rafales have got better range and handling. I would rather bet my money on the T-50 naval version or on the AMCA. Not to mention the f35 is too damn expensive and doesn't come with ToT

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Perhaps @Decklander can shed more light in this..

Whenever he returns..

Last edited by a moderator:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Naval AMCA should be our future target for IAC, but currently there is no better option than Rafale + Mig 29 combo.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Funny, the F-35B is doing well and the first USMC Squadron is forming up as we speak. In addition a F-35B equipped with internal weapons has better range than a Super Hornet with External Stores. (i.e. similar payload) As a matter of fact I haven't looked up the numbers. Yet, I wouldn't be at all surprised. If that is also the case with the Rafale.
Funny, F-35B has been grounded since 16 Jan...

F-35B Flights Suspended Following Fueldraulic Failure | Defense News | defensenews.com

They are also willing to cut corners to get it produced = bad MoJo

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
Naval AMCA should be our future target for IAC, but currently there is no better option than Rafale + Mig 29 combo.
specially as we know that the next batch of Mig29k, hopefully, will have many techs of Mig35, composite materials/ AESA etc, which will make it a pretty good combination with Rafale for IAC-2 :thumb:

with that, actually I do favor at least '5' F35b on IAC-2 for those operations where key stealth capabilities would be the key. Rafale+Mig29 will be all good, with few key tasks through F35b also, if required. lets see how it goes, at least 10 years it will take for the IAC-2 to come on the water :ranger:

Last edited:

Mr.Heck

This thing is possibly a decade away from completion and then the never ending sea-trials :rofl:.
I think it will be AMCA (Naval) or F-35B/C, we wont see 4th generation planes (Rafale and F-18E/F) for sure.

binayak95

Country flag
This thing is possibly a decade away from completion and then the never ending sea-trials :rofl:.
I think it will be AMCA (Naval) or F-35B/C, we wont see 4th generation planes (Rafale and F-18E/F) for sure.
I would prefer to see a Rafale or a Mig 29 but never US Planes on an Indian Carrier

Crusader53

I would prefer to see a Rafale or a Mig 29 but never US Planes on an Indian Carrier

So, you would rather risk Indian Naval Pilots lives than purchase an American Type! Yet, you would easily except one from Russia that has a History of Stalin, Khrushchev, Brezhnev, etc. etc. Which, is one the most repressive Government in Human History. That is well known for its poor treatment of his own people. REALLY???

binayak95

Country flag
I would trust the Russians to not play as for a sucker and provide full ToT. As for the US I will never trust them when it comes to ToT. During the sanctions after pokhran-2 our entire fleet of seakings was grounded thanks to you people. Never again. Besides the F-35 is off limits in terms of ToT and it has been grounded since January. So you have nothing to offer us. The only American plane operating from the Vishal would be E-3s.

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
I would trust the Russians to not play as for a sucker and provide full ToT. As for the US I will never trust them when it comes to ToT. During the sanctions after pokhran-2 our entire fleet of seakings was grounded thanks to you people. Never again. Besides the F-35 is off limits in terms of ToT and it has been grounded since January. So you have nothing to offer us. The only American plane operating from the Vishal would be E-3s.
actually F35b do the stealth techs, and it is very useful for those operations where stealth techs is the key. but you can have it in limited number only as they are not in match with 4++ aircraft. similarly how US has bought around 180 F22 and have closed its production line too, as its not worth in high numbers :wave:. they said that F22 is expansive while F35 would also cost over $250mil+? on one place, F35 hasn't cleared its IOC yet while F22 is kept secret, to keep others have limited laugh on US :rofl:

and the same we may also think of, along with PAK FA, around '5' F35b on IAC-2 for the special operations would be pretty useful. but we can't have it in high numbers as its simply of no comparison with 4++ aircraft......

binayak95

Country flag
actually F35b do the stealth techs, and it is very useful for those operations where stealth techs is the key. but you can have it in limited number only as they are not in match with 4++ aircraft. similarly how US has bought around 180 F22 and have closed its production line too, as its not worth in high numbers :wave:. they said that F22 is expansive while F35 would also cost over $250mil+? on one place, F35 hasn't cleared its IOC yet while F22 is kept secret, to keep others have limited laugh on US :rofl:

and the same we may also think of, along with PAK FA, around '5' F35b on IAC-2 for the special operations would be pretty useful. but we can't have it in high numbers as its simply of no comparison with 4++ aircraft......
Why 5 F35bs??? We can use the AMCA or the PAK FA

Crusader53

I would trust the Russians to not play as for a sucker and provide full ToT. As for the US I will never trust them when it comes to ToT. During the sanctions after pokhran-2 our entire fleet of seakings was grounded thanks to you people. Never again. Besides the F-35 is off limits terms of ToT and it has been grounded since January. So you have nothing to offer us. The only American plane operating from the Vishal would be E-3s.

Sorry, nobody grants unlimited and full ToT. If, you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. As a matter of fact what has India gained from the USSR/Russian Relationship. India must be on the cutting edge with decades of full access to the most advance Russian Systems. Please, do tell.....

Crusader53

Why 5 F35bs??? We can use the AMCA or the PAK FA
The AMCA is 20-30 years away and the PAK-FA is really to big for Indian Carriers.

Note: The latter is very similar is size to the F-14. Which, the USN considered way to big to be practical from the Midway Class Large Carriers. Which, were very close to the size of the RN CVF's.

nishantgupta

So, you would rather risk Indian Naval Pilots lives than purchase an American Type! Yet, you would easily except one from Russia that has a History of Stalin, Khrushchev, Brezhnev, etc. etc. Which, is one the most repressive Government in Human History. That is well known for its poor treatment of his own people. REALLY???
I am sure it was binayak95's personal opinion. Having said that, you seem to have assumed that a non-American fighter will drop out of the sky at the slightest change of wind! Comparing histories.... India is the land of Gandhi. That would mean we should not be buying any weapons at all...Russian, American or Martian.

We should look at purchasing platforms which give us the best value for our rupees. American offensive platforms have till date failed to provide the same and hence seem to have lost out on most of our proposals for the same. Offer us a good deal on an operational F-35B and then lets see what flies from an Indian carrier.

KuleshovOleg

You are talking nonsense. This is the best authority that was in Russia! More than half of the country loves and respects Stalin!

bhramos

Country flag
You are talking nonsense. This is the best authority that was in Russia! More than half of the country loves and respects Stalin!
even we Respect Stalin for his great and courageous moves to make Soviet to a great Soviet...

now we think we need such a great leader to transform India... Naval PAKFA is not too far, i hope it would fly Around 2020..

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
The AMCA is 20-30 years away and the PAK-FA is really to big for Indian Carriers.

Note: The latter is very similar is size to the F-14. Which, the USN considered way to big to be practical from the Midway Class Large Carriers. Which, were very close to the size of the RN CVF's.
I am sure it was binayak95's personal opinion. Having said that, you seem to have assumed that a non-American fighter will drop out of the sky at the slightest change of wind! Comparing histories.... India is the land of Gandhi. That would mean we should not be buying any weapons at all...Russian, American or Martian.

We should look at purchasing platforms which give us the best value for our rupees. American offensive platforms have till date failed to provide the same and hence seem to have lost out on most of our proposals for the same. Offer us a good deal on an operational F-35B and then lets see what flies from an Indian carrier.
hmmm, having only F35b on IAC-2 in its current form is all about helping the enemies which we don't want, until its manufacturer achieve the minimum expected performance level for F35b which they haven't reached yet...... it may hardly be used for those operations where being undetected/ key stealth capabilities would be the key. and hence, I would favor 30 Rafale + 30 Mig29k + 5 F35b, for the expected IAC-2 of the capability of 65 fixed wing aircraft, among the best available aircrafts in today's world, considering the next batch of Mig29k will have many techs of Mig35, composite materials/AESA etc :ranger:

also, having 5-6 F35b on IAC-2 will also help us in our AMCA project for IAC-3, which would be a Super Carrier, hopefully on water from 2030+ :thumb:

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles