INS Sindhurakshak catches fire at naval dockyard in Mumbai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinesh_Kumar

During Kursk tragedy, equipment not available with Russian forces was highlighted. Incl. underwater cutting saws which can cut thru hull of sub and open holes to escape (reportedly from Holland), deep diving vessels serve as underwater base for divers for upto 24-48 h, etc. Such equipment can save lives, if people plan for such situations.....

The 18 Indian Navy personnel on board INS Sindhurakshak have now been on board the submarine for nearly 12 hrs.

Rescue personnel unable to open hatches to enter INS Sindhurakshak. Explosion has severely distorted, jammed all entry points. - Shiv Aroor.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
is it sabotage ?????

or faulty Russian hardware??

or human error??
One day back we were celebrating the launch of INS Vikrant, it seems someone couldn't digest it. Lets wait what comes out.

sasi

Sub is nose dived. Water first entered front part. Damage to weapons compartment. Possibly weapons cooked up.
Damage is severe. No contact. It is a miracle to live anybody inside it,. RIP...
Second sub is escaped with minor scrathcs.

sasi

Debris of missle spotted on naval dockyard!
Sub is fully armed during the incident!

Last edited:

Decklander

The sub was to leave on a war patrol and so it must have been fully loaded. I do not think this sub can ever be made operational again. I pray for the safety of the Officers and sailors who are missing but one big problem with such an explosion is that it sucks out entire oxygen from the surrounding areas and since this explosion occured in the confines of the sub, it wud have sucked out the complete air.

Blackwater

well its embarrassing for IN as 2 sub destroyed in dockyard. same incident happened same dockyard in 2007 with sub

bose

Country flag
My prayers for the 18 submariners trapped, they may not be with us any more...

mikhail

Country flag
guys breaking news:-Anthony released a press statement in which he said that all the 18 naval personnel trapped inside are dead but gave no further details.
R.I.P. to those brave personnel.may God give the strength to their families to bear with this sad news.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Very Sad incident! I feel really bad about the sailors and the vessel.

Blackwater

india should stopped military hardware from Russia.

russians now lacks quality

apart from 18 soldiers,80 million $$ which was just spent on her up gradation gone

sasi

Navy divers are trying to open the hatches,bu they are jammed or distorted..
Navy divers are trying it for nearly 3hrs. They felt enoromus heat in the hatches!

vishwaprasad

Country flag
guys breaking news:-Anthony released a press statement in which he said that all the 18 naval personnel trapped inside are dead but gave no further details.
R.I.P. to those brave personnel.may God give the strength to their families to bear with this sad news.
ohh no.....finally my fear came out to be true

I can imagine the plight of their loved once

off course being in defense service they were always loved once for all Indian members here on DFI as well.....rest in peace bros.....

what a saddest independence day for Indians

Last edited:

vishwaprasad

Country flag
india should stopped military hardware from Russia.

russians now lacks quality

apart from 18 soldiers,80 million $$ which was just spent on her up gradation gone
very true...kurks accident should have been eye opener....we don't need this dirty supplier anymore....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Stay off this thread you ----ing Chinese troll. I guess you rejoice when sailors lose their lives in your country too. Can some admin put these trolls away please.
@Kunal Biswas
Don't you think that we require our in house Mukri?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That is true that the oxygen would have got sucked out in that confined space.

A very gruesome way to go!

RIP.

What can one say?

August has been a very gloomy month for the Military.

Let's hope that this weak, namby pamby Govt with total disregard for people dying who are keeping vigil and otherwise so that they can sleep in peace at night are not forsaken for thier (politicians) high falutin plans to try to appease China and Pakistan who continue to kick us in our pants and we ask for more.

It appears they are not concerned how many die while they knowtow like serfs to all including a nation that is a string of islands called Maldives!

This is hardly the way to a Nobel Prize wherein the nation and its prestige is sold!

These fool Ministers don't die. The true patriots die and the stupidity of the Govt and their fool Ministers adds to the numbers of patriots dead!

Last edited:

Dinesh_Kumar

Sir, easier said than done....Russian eqpt. was good enough when we had balance of pyt. problem....today, we can afford, so we demand more.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles