INS Arihant, India's N-powered submarine, to be operational soon

garg_bharat

Country flag
When people talk about nuclear threat, as least you should understand what your enemy's nuclear doctrine. Pakistan's nuclear doctrine is deterrence not war fighting. Their nuclear force is targeting India's big cities and conventional force, but not India nuclear force. For them, K14 or K4 is no different to Agni as they don't have resource and capability to look for & strike them.
So, there is nothing changed in India-Pakistan nuclear balance.
Pakistan has brainwashed itself. I would argue that Pakistan's strategy is suicide.

Kchontha

Country flag
Sorry to butt in every strategy has merits and demerits. At the moment porkis strategy is backfiring.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Kchontha

Country flag
Arihant is a game changer, another one or two is also coming very shortly, they will be shivering down enemies arses.

garg_bharat

Country flag
No matter how you describe their strategy, their strategy does work very well and it will work in foreseeable future.
No it does not work at all. If it worked, Pakistan would not live in insecurity 24x7.

If nuclear strategy worked Pakistan would not have to spend huge amount on conventional forces.

It simply does not work.

If you think India does not attack due to nuclear angle, you are brainwashed. India has never started a war with Pakistan. There are many reasons which are for some other thread perhaps.

Last edited:

lcafanboy

Country flag
Arihant is a game changer, another one or two is also coming very shortly, they will be shivering down enemies arses.

Another one or two? You are late...:scared2::scared2:
Already 3 are operational if not 4....:):)
INS Arihant
INS Aridaman
INS Arighat
Hence instead of dhoti shivering, it was fluttering with confidence and actually it was changshan shivering across eastern border during doklam crisis...:india:

akk

Country flag
Well a source of that would go a long way.
I know. But there are no credible sources. However, I have been reading about atleast 4 nuclear subs under construction since 2008. I suppose they would have entered waters by now.
By the way, I love this govt's ability to keep secrets. They didn't declare balakot. They haven't declared any ongoing operations. Only unofficial sources (like babaji), intermittent cries from Pakistan, blackouts, Internet block and closed airspace are reminders that we have really done something. We don't really know how many armed drones we got from Israel, how much emergency Ammunition we purchased. The govt has gone all out to maintain secrecy of Rafael contract, even at its own cost.
So to conclude, forget about any credible sources about 4 or 5 nuclear subs. Just feel them! Just remember that a deterrent patrol of arihant would not have been declared, till we had the capability of atleast one (or 2) n-sub patrolling in the sea at all times.

Kchontha

Country flag
INS Arihant
INS Aridaman
INS Arighat
Hence instead of dhoti shivering, it was fluttering with confidence and actually it was changshan shivering across eastern border during doklam crisis...:india:
Oh really that's is breaking news, source please, my dear.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
No matter how you describe their strategy, their strategy does work very well and it will work in foreseeable future.
Atleast substantiate your claim with some proof.
If there strategy worked then why are they spending f@ck load of dollars on those western and chinese defense systems?
In the past they were able to get away with the state sponsored terrorism against India but now with a nationalist government at the center we have got away with things like crossing the international border and bombing their territory.
Nukes were never a deterent for the porkis. They live in some 7th century islamic lala land and think they can fulfill the prophecy of there prophet about conquering India.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Oh really that's is breaking news, source please, my dear.

Bhai just take with a pinch of salt...
No one will goona give a source....if anyone having it...
Bdw....I am just speculating it....

Remember the ins arihant case....
We got to know about ins arihant after 1 year of its deployment....and its 2..to 3 yaers from that time..
So you can expect at least 2 more nuclear subs are in water if not more

Gessler

Country flag
Only 1 Arihant-class SSBN and the 1 leased Akula-II SSN are operational. Status of Arighat is unconfirmed, given the ambiguity surrounding these subs, I'm willing to concede the Arighat is actually further down the path toward operational service than what the sources let on. However, that's still only 2 SSBNs.

The 3rd and final Arihant-class boat is still in construction.

INS Arihant
INS Aridaman
INS Arighat
There is no vessel called Aridhaman. It was thought to be the name of the 2nd boat but that vessel was named Arighat. There is no info on what the 3rd boat will be called - too early to say, just call it S4. Arihant was S2 and Arighat is S3.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
India has two boomers operational. Third and forth under various stages of development.

mystic avatar

INS Arihant
INS Aridaman
INS Arighat
We have 5 or more nuke subs in water.......

Only 1 Arihant-class SSBN and the 1 leased Akula-II SSN are operational. Status of Arighat is unconfirmed, given the ambiguity surrounding these subs, I'm willing to concede the Arighat is actually further down the path toward operational service than what the sources let on. However, that's still only 2 SSBNs.

The 3rd and final Arihant-class boat is still in construction.

There is no vessel called Aridhaman. It was thought to be the name of the 2nd boat but that vessel was named Arighat. There is no info on what the 3rd boat will be called - too early to say, just call it S4. Arihant was S2 and Arighat is S3.
India has two boomers operational. Third and forth under various stages of development.

So much confusion :confused1:

Do we have 1, 2, 3, or 5 N subs? these numbers beyond 1 don't make any sense.

If we have more then one n sub as claimed by many then how come gov keep a secret like this? wouldn't media (international too) would be screaming from top of their lungs.

Chinmoy

Country flag
So much confusion :confused1:

Do we have 1, 2, 3, or 5 N subs? these numbers beyond 1 don't make any sense.

If we have more then one n sub as claimed by many then how come gov keep a secret like this? wouldn't media (international too) would be screaming from top of their lungs.
India has 1 SSN and 2 SSBN. Any other number is just pure AFWAH.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles