INS Aridaman: India begins work on 2nd nuclear submarine

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Burkina Faso is a land locked west African country. They don't need a navy.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Difference because submarine water take in diving?

More water lower goes?

My country no have submarine.

Displacement is the amount of water the ship displaces, a surfaced submarine has most of it's superstructure above the waterline hence the reduction in displacement from a completely submerged vessel. think of it like a bottle filled with air a bottle on the top of a bucket filled with water displaces lesser water than a bottle pushed into the water.

Dinku

Bengalman,

Thank you.

Now me understand.

Forgive ignorance of I.

Much learning.

Virender,

Thank you.

Yes, country Burkina Faso have many country around.

We in box.

p2prada

You passed on the info to intel guys ?? So are you a RAW or IB chap on disguise here on DFI ? :)
Yusuf is an assassin. I know all of his "part time" duties. Businessman by day, the angel of death by night.

This is Yusuf;

Yusuf's work buddies;

Yusuf at work; killin secret ISI teams, hiding at comic con.

Don't fuk with the man. If you have info about Arihant that's not released officially, then don't release it. You don't want Yusuf knocking on your door at night.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I will not get sucked into giving out the truth about me much as one tries with their wily ways. :))

sandeepdg

^^ Liked that illustration, man ! :) Don't worry, I will be taking all the classified information related to our nation's security that I have to my grave. :india:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
to all if you are aware about undercover identity of members pls dont disclose it, they are on important mission, now please back to important topic.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ Liked that illustration, man ! :) Don't worry, I will be taking all the classified information related to our nation's security that I have to my grave. :india:
What exactly would that be?

Dinku

to all if you are aware about undercover identity of members pls dont disclose it, they are on important mission, now please back to important topic.
Please no talk grave.

Feel scared.

Undercover to six feet underground.

Bad thoughts.

debasree

Country flag
the navy is going very first; seeing the speed i,m very hopefull at least 4-5 sub in our arsenol in between 2020-2025

plugwater

@Manc there is a difference between surfaced and submerged displacement , the Russian deltaIII class SSBN has a surfaced displacement of only 7800tonnes and a submerged displacement of 10000tonnes. The displacement released is far more likely to be the surfaced one.
BR, Yasen class, Los angeles class are more than 6000 tonnes when surfaced. US and Russian SSNs have more displacement than our SSBN. Since first one is a TD, They should have increased the size of second one.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
My Sarcasm is lost on you ;)
No I am dead serious about serious Chinese attempts to know more about the boomer. Chinese near areas they should not be is serious. They were scouting areas they thought may be close to the classified location of the Arihant.

This is no joke. I reported it.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
For a nation with zero experience building nuclear subs, it is a bit presumptuous to start construction on a second when the first hasn't started sea trials.
nice joke - i wonder who it lands on though ?? heheheheheheh

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
my sci fi idea of a nuclear sub would be to deter dragon - you nuke us - we relase our squadron of nuke subs with the ability to stay submerged for years and one fine day nuke all your coastal financial cities - now how's that for a deterrent ??

does arihant or whatever the names are ( sorry for mispronouciation , mis spell ) have that kind of capability ?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
This is no joke. I reported it.
report adux he is in possession of classified material, call NP, IB, RAW and local police and call AV to get his IP address.........................LOL

p2prada

my sci fi idea of a nuclear sub would be to deter dragon - you nuke us - we relase our squadron of nuke subs with the ability to stay submerged for years and one fine day nuke all your coastal financial cities - now how's that for a deterrent ??

does arihant or whatever the names are ( sorry for mispronouciation , mis spell ) have that kind of capability ?
Not yet. The initial subs may only carry the 700Km K-14 cruise missiles. So, expect the capability you speak of only in 2020 or so, when we have built, tested and operationalized 3500-5000Km K-4 missiles.

It's not a major problem for us because even the Chinese have issues with their SSBNs and rarely go out on patrols. They also have to have a deterrent against the US other than India. So, they get the message, with or without Arihant.

agentperry

we need more of nuke subs but surely better then what arihant class is. its speed is less. it can be considered a weapon launching platform and not a sub which have so much of sub stuff like u know all the fancy subs of ruskis and american and europeans

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Bengalman,

Thank you.

Now me understand.

Forgive ignorance of I.

Much learning.

Virender,

Thank you.

Yes, country Burkina Faso have many country around.

We in box.
oh - new member of DFI - Welcome sir . i think they speak french as the first language in BF ? here there are quite a few from french-speaking senegal .... i havent met any from BF though .

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles