PARA with maroon barrets in IPKF ???

I never saw them with maroon barrets in IPKF

pmaitra

Re: INSAS Indian Small Arms System

@pmaitra

what photos are you showing..

PARA with maroon barrets in IPKF ???

I never saw them with maroon barrets in IPKF
There are many things you did not see. For example, you did not see IPKF with AKMs, till Mr. Sayare corrected you. How about your read, see, and learn?

pmaitra

Infantry Weapons of Indian Forces

Infantry Weapons of Indian Forces

This is a thread for infantry weapons of the Indian Forces, which will include the military, para-military, police, etc..

This is mainly for pictures, but also for discussion.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

@pamitra

Stop being my teacher which you would never become due to lack of qualities ... you have shown your your negative side

pmaitra

re: Infantry Weapons of Indian Peace Keeping Force

Bhadra, if you make a mistake, and one person corrects you, just own up to it. When you remain obstinate, many others will join in and correct you - and that is exactly what happened to you in the INSAS thread. If you still remain obstinate, then you risk becoming the 'DODO of DFI.'

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

you can identify the magazine of the soldier at the left side ?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

you can identify the magazine of the soldier at the left side ?
OH, I am sick of it that you guys see only one weapon out of the ten others. The ten others are SLR.

Forces do use captured weapons in a camapign provided they have enough ammunition for it. That has also happened with most of the RR units initailly using AK.

What I have been stressing at is that AK was not a issued weapon system during IPKF in initial operations, During the course of three years battles after one and a half years, it might have been.

I do not have a narrow view but well experiences and known view. If a soldier out of twenty is having AK that proves nothing.

Now stop this discussion as it is futile. You can manufacture facts.

pmaitra

Bhadra, this is what you wrote, and you have been proven wrong.

And by the way, for India infantry there was no AK-47 in Sri Lanka. Even LTTE was fighting with M series and G series and less with AK series.
I wouldn't have pressed this so far, but your repeated insults, ad hominems and asking others to 'have some shame' has forced me to push you to this corner.

Try to be a little bit more respectful towards others. Let this be a lesson for you.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

What I have been stressing at is that AK was not a issued weapon system during IPKF in initial operations, During the course of three years battles after one and a half years, it might have been.
huummm........................

Originally Posted by Bhadra

And by the way, for India infantry there was no AK-47 in Sri Lanka. Even LTTE was fighting with M series and G series and less with AK series.
ok......:rofl::wave:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

In the Jaffna University Helidrop, 10th Para Commandos and 13th Sikh Light Infantry participated. So much for paras not being part of IPKF.

You are posting a lot of misinformation, so I have decided I will not shut up. Thank you for your recommendation though.
But I said 10 was there... you need to go to the doctor to check your eyes (your words only)......

and I was part of the team who evacuated them through Urelu and Scissors junction through railway line subsequently,,,, you squat ....

No, I agree that LTTE had Chinese AKs but majority of their weapons as captured were M-16 and G-3 as their major arms import or smuggling market used to be Hong Kong and Singapore where those were commonly available....

Now just buzz off as no more details are required to be divulged here ,,,

you can remain drunk with your powers of moderation....

Last edited:

pmaitra

But I said 10 was there... you need to go to the doctor to check your eyes (your words only)......

and I was part of the team who evecuated them through Urelu and Scissors junction subsequently,,,, you squat ....
You were closely associated with INSAS. You were part of the evacuation team. What next? You accompanied Yuri Gagarin to space?

The paras were part of IPKF or not? Read what you have written.

This is EXACTLY what you wrote:

No, only 1, 9 and 10 Para SF units were there. Also 5 PARA battalion.That does not constitue IPKF, IPKF as a matter of record had four divisions there and none of the fighting forces had AK. AK was a luxary in 1987.
You write something in one sentence, and then contradict yourself in the very next sentence.

Only 4 divisions? What about the IAF?

The IPKF's mandate changed, from peace keeping to taking out the LTTE. IPKF carried out the Jaffna University Helidrop because they wanted to take out Prabhakaran. That was an IPKF operation, and included the paras and the Indian Air Force, along with the Sikh LI.

Koovie

Man our army is in such a bad state with its mainly outdated equipment.
But as long as we have a world class air force which can ensure air superiority and safe costs its not that bad I guess, although its not really helping that 90 % of the Army Air Defence is outdated too

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Man our army is in such a bad state with its mainly outdated equipment.
But as long as we have a world class air force which can ensure air superiority and safe costs its not that bad I guess, although its not really helping that 90 % of the Army Air Defence is outdated too
Every one has their jobs and roles cut out for them and no one fits in others job.

bhramos

Country flag

So we can agree that IPKF used Kalashnikovs, right?

You seriously need some help. Either an eye doctor, or a psychiatric.

How many other members at DFI will disagree that these are Kalashnikovs?

P.S.: The link of the original picture does not exist any more. I have replicated it from the cache.
Big Pic for you...

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
@ bhadra stop arguing that ipkf didn't had kalashnikovs issued as a standard weapon.Its true that in the initial stages of battle they relied mostly on slrs modified to fire full autos but then suddenly defence ministry imported 66000 side folding MPi72s from east Germany and most of them were flown directly to ipkf bases.and before that SFF and para sf were having akms of polish and Bulgarian origin. @ pmaitra the pic of paras you posted was posted by me in ctops thread many months before.It was posted in the original site around 200r and there was written that the rifles were of polish origin which paras obtained in limited quantities in early 1980s before switching to vz58s and German and Romanian akms.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Couldn't find the relevant thread but this is about the Heroics of Sri Lankan Soldier Gemini Kulratne 6 th Sinha Battalion of Sri Lankan Army

He was martyred for his country fighting Tamil Terrorists of LTTE.

During Battle of elephant pass 1991 Tamil LTTE terrorists launch several human waves attack on Sri Lankan army camp supported by improvised Armored Bulldozer, its thick armor could withstand almost every weapon in use with Lankan Army.

Armed with Machine Gun it would've overrun the Sri Lankan camp within minutes. This where Kulrantne in total disregard of his life dashed out from his bunker with only 2 Hand grenades, climbed the bulldozer and throw grenades inside it, which disabled the armored bulldozer

In the process kulratne was himself hit by fire and killed. The attack of LTTE terrorist was also repulsed

Gamini_Kularatna_(1966-1991).jpg
43199872.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles