Indo-US joint military exercise 'Yudh Abhyas 2014' begins

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Please check. They trained in India, was not about killing of OBL. They were trained to counter guerrilla's in Af-Pak......

American navy seals have their own training. But India tops in guerrilla warfare training. They came to India for training in guerrilla warfare......
Sure what you saying is not incorrect, yudh abyas is just one aspect of defence-cooperation agreement. We visit each other's countries to train in each other's environment.this gives us a chance to walk in their shoes and vice versa.

Suggest you watch a documentary called "hornet's nest" about what the Americans had to face in the mountainous terrain of Afghanistan. While I was watching I found no similarities in SOP's in guerrilla warfare between Americans and us. As far as I know Americans are the only country who have incorporated attack helicopters into guerrilla warfare SOPs in a working environment.

And one more thing I always tell my Teams, "never assume you are the best,because once you do that that is the beginning of the end". Nobody is perfect in this world, there is always something you can learn from everybody".

Last edited:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Sure what you saying is not incorrect, yudh abyas is just one aspect of defence-cooperation agreement. We visit each other's countries to train in each other's environment.this gives us a chance to walk in their shoes and vice versa.

Suggest you watch a documentary called "hornet's nest" about what the Americans had to face in the mountainous terrain of Afghanistan. While I was watching I found no similarities in SOP's in guerrilla warfare between Americans and us. As far as I know Americans are the only country who have incorporated attack helicopters into guerrilla warfare SOPs in a working environment.

And one more thing I always tell my Teams, "never assume you are the best,because once you do that that is the beginning of the end". Nobody is perfect in this world, there is always something you can learn from everybody".
I never said India is the best. I said that Americans trained in India..........

ninja85

Guys please post sensibly.... killing OBL took 10 years. If one is a master of an art, it won't take 10 years to kill a person.

Its laughable....:pound: :pound: :pound:

If American Army is really so powerful, then why come to India and train in Jungle warfare schools in Meghalaya.....
americans they really do have lots of fighting experience,this training exercise is just for two countries making connection with each other kind of thing and also its for world politics and diplomat purposes or whatever its called even finding a common criminal takes months and top reason is it was really important to confirm ladens locationand identity before launching raid on paki soil.

Last edited:

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Indian army does specialize in COIN, but only in a particular form of COIN. Same is the case with the US.

We specialize in large scale set piece operations, possibly extending for an extended period of time. These operations have another element in them, that of area domination. All the aspects are non-existent in the US version of COIN, which itself is a modernized version of the French COIN formula.

The US excels in rapid, flexible operations, usually involving air deployed forces and close air support. The US employs far fewer troops for a COIN operation than we would, but their missions are also far more resource intensive.

Both versions have their advantages, and perhaps more importantly, their disadvantages. This is why the two forces train together: to learn the other's methods and tactics, to plug the gaps in their own tactics. Though not an reaction to these trainings, select forces of the IA now do conduct heli borne assaults on militants, which implies that the IA are learning the US (and Russian) version of COIN operations.

In a similar vein, the US has also realised the need and importance of area dominance in COIN. This doesn't mean that either side is copying the other, but perhaps that both sides are using their new experiences to modifjy their plans and methods

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles