Indo-Israel a mutually beneficial relationship

youngindian

Country flag
Israel keen to invest in India through JVs

30 Jul 2009

KOLKATA: Israel is keen to make a foray into IT, real estate, infrastructure, diamond

jewellery, fisheries, education and entertainment
sectors in India through joint
ventures with Indian companies.

This was indicated by Ms Anat Bernstein-Reich, president, Israel-India Friendship Association and vice-president of Israel-Asia Chamber of Commerce. Addressing members of Bharat Chamber of Commerce (BCC) on Thursday, Ms Bernstein-Reich said Israel has made tremendous progress in harnessing solar energy as part of its commitment towards developing renewable energy as an alternative to fossil fuel-based energy. Given this, partnerships can also be built with Indian companies in this field, she said.

BCC president Pavan Poddar said West Bengal commands leadership in various items of produce in the fields of agriculture, horticulture, aqua-culture, leather and jewellery.

In these fields, there is good scope of having joint ventures with Israeli companies. At the national level, he advocated Indo-Israeli cooperation in development of renewable energy, software, military hardware and agriculture.

Israel keen to invest in India through JVs- Finance-Economy-News-The Economic Times

IBM

Not good. :connie_searchingsky
Shock to know ur view buddy. We should be proud of Isreal cooperation. India should not depend on Russia or USA but also make good relation with other countries for defence. Isreal is great partner as we have common interest. Isreal not only help India in armed forces but also in agriculture, civilian space programme. We should learn from Isreal which is smaller than U.P state of india, but much ahead of India...........long live Indio-Isreal friendship

A M J

Shock to know ur view buddy. We should be proud of Isreal cooperation.
Why should we be proud?
Should I be proud of Trevor guns which we have to import as we cannot even make a good rifle.
I would be proud if we export to Israel and not vice-versa.

India should not depend on Russia or USA but also make good relation with other countries for defence.
They are not defending us. But merely selling us what we need.

Isreal is great partner as we have common interest.
Against Islamic Extremism only? Using that common interest only, they are milking this poor cow.
Isreal not only help India in armed forces but also in agriculture, civilian space programme.
Again, the help is not for free, there is always a price to be paid.
As billions of dollars, and sometimes to have, sold-out defence contractors and Armed Forces' high command.
We will never be able to be self-sufficient if we keep on relying on a source where everything is so easily available.
Already there are many examples of how indigenous products were sidelined for Israeli ones.
Israel has a good Industrial-Political-Diplomatic clout. It won't be tough for them to sabotage whatever indigenous is left here, to let their exports grow in India.
If China can make defence products on their own, then what stops India?
I tell you mate what - Easy Imports.
China had very little option of importing, so they had to make their own things.
We know we can buy stuff from Israel by doling out billions of dollars into their pockets, so why take the pain of making things ourselves?
And also poor DRDO, HAL and IOF do not have enough funds to research properly, let alone to pay bribes to defence contractors and middle men.
If you do not understand what I mean, then try to figure out what has taken 5 years, only to start trials of MRCA deal.
long live Indio-Isreal friendship
How much liveable the friendship might be, I just wish that all these imports are short-lived.

IBM

Why should we be proud?
Should I be proud of Trevor guns which we have to import as we cannot even make a good rifle.
I would be proud if we export to Israel and not vice-versa.

They are not defending us. But merely selling us what we need.

Against Islamic Extremism only? Using that common interest only, they are milking this poor cow.

Again, the help is not for free, there is always a price to be paid.
As billions of dollars, and sometimes to have, sold-out defence contractors and Armed Forces' high command.
We will never be able to be self-sufficient if we keep on relying on a source where everything is so easily available.
Already there are many examples of how indigenous products were sidelined for Israeli ones.
Israel has a good Industrial-Political-Diplomatic clout. It won't be tough for them to sabotage whatever indigenous is left here, to let their exports grow in India.
If China can make defence products on their own, then what stops India?
I tell you mate what - Easy Imports.
China had very little option of importing, so they had to make their own things.
We know we can buy stuff from Israel by doling out billions of dollars into their pockets, so why take the pain of making things ourselves?
And also poor DRDO, HAL and IOF do not have enough funds to research properly, let alone to pay bribes to defence contractors and middle men.
If you do not understand what I mean, then try to figure out what has taken 5 years, only to start trials of MRCA deal.

How much liveable the friendship might be, I just wish that all these imports are short-lived.

Partly i agree with u. I can understand that India should develop weapons of its own and we r doing that but drdo is not making upto the mark. if we import or do collaboration with Isreal than wat is the probelm. we r not only importing weapons but also importing knowhow.

As far as agriculture is concerned its a mutual exchage programme.we r not importing dal ,rice or wheat that we r paying billion of dollar to Isreal. We r geting know how for advance irrigation system,tech of doing alternate farming. Dont u think its good for India who is depended on monsoon for irrigation.

you also paid fees to colleges or university to get education. same thing here if we pay to get education and knowhow there is no harm...

As far is middleman is concerned its every where from USA to pakistan to UK.....they r like cockroaches as cockroaches will live depsite of nuclear war these middlemen in defence will also live till defence of country lives..

venom

DFI Technocrat
Tata, Israeli co in defence systems JV

Hyderabad: Tata group has tied up with Israel Aerospace Industry (IAI) for setting up and developing advanced technology systems for the defence sector.

The group has been allotted 30 acres at the aerospace special economic zone (SEZ) being developed by the Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corp (APIIC) at Adibatla near Hyderabad.
The JV, christened Nova Integrated Systems, will have an initial FDI of about $50 million.

"Nova is finalising plans to commence construction and build a world class facility for defence systems, bringing in and developing cutting-edge technology to India," a Tata release said.

Hyderabad is said to have been selected as several defence labs such as DRDO, DRDL and Midhani are located there.

Meanwhile, Tata Advanced Systems (TAS) on Thursday commenced work on its manufacturing facility at the SEZ in Adibatla. The unit will manufacture cabins for the Sikorsky S-92 helicopters.

The Tata group company is expected to invest about Rs 1,000 crore on the project and create about 1,000 jobs directly. The project would be ready for commercial production in 2010.The S-92 is a four-blade twin-engine helicopter manufactured by the US-based Sikorsky Aircraft Corp, a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of military and commercial helicopters.

Tata, Israeli co in defence systems JV

bhramos

Country flag
i think Israel is only a country which is using Desert for cultivation,
if we could know how we will never draught hit places in India?
Islamic terrorism is the Biggest threat of the whole World in present day.
to face this Pak we can spend any billion of $$$ , noting costs then the Human Life.

IBM

i think Israel is only a country which is using Desert for cultivation,
if we could know how we will never draught hit places in India?
Islamic terrorism is the Biggest threat of the whole World in present day.
to face this Pak we can spend any billion of $$$ , noting costs then the Human Life.
This is wat i say apart from weapon we learn new irrigation tech from them we r doing that

I agree with u on second part

duhastmish

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They can go to any level to yeild something out of nowhere. lol

I agree - not just in science but also in agriculture,social, arts and I.T , they can teach us a lesson or two,

if not then at least they are as hard working and dedicated as Indians . its just that we just have a bad government and political system.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
I can support Indo-Israel defense ties in Joint ventures. We import arms from Israel as we need them. But import of arms must not be expenses of our indigenous efforts.

natarajan

we can be friendly to israel as pakistan has chinese to help
remember israel is helping us in anti terrorism and during kargil they delivered uav in 24 hours to wipe out pakistanis:2guns:

shravan

we can be friendly to israel as pakistan has chinese to help
If you are talking about a full scale war then Iran is a better option. The friendship between India & Israel is not the same as Pakistan-China

duhastmish

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If you are talking about a full scale war then Iran is a better option. The friendship between India & Israel is not the same as Pakistan-China
India being a oppertunist country thanx to our ex-pats - we dont really have many good friends around.

I remember a few motnhs back - when israel was on war with palestine - indian leaders straight away condemended the israel - i would not expect the israel to let it go.

if you grow cactus dont expect mangoes out of it.

we never been anybody;s friend nobody will come for the rescue. same goes for iran - we condemned iran nuke programme for U.S. and we even went against russia for us. pakistan dont have much enemies except their own self and india.

shravan

India being a oppertunist country thanx to our ex-pats - we dont really have many good friends around.
Are you complaining about it ?

I remember a few motnhs back - when israel was on war with palestine - indian leaders straight away condemended the israel - i would not expect the israel to let it go.
India, Israel sign $1.4 bn deal for air defence system - Express India
Mar 27, 2009

If you grow cactus dont expect mangoes out of it.
How many Indian chemical companies are sanctioned under the INA for transfers to Iran. Did Israel ever complain about it ?

we never been anybody;s friend nobody will come for the rescue. same goes for iran - we condemned iran nuke programme for U.S. and we even went against russia for us. pakistan dont have much enemies except their own self and india.
Is Russia & Iran still maintain its friendship with America. I think in the past they were friends.

Today we have the money & we can select friends. Please don't worry about it..:)

duhastmish

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
sharvan i dont worry about nothing - and neither i am complaining about india being oppertunist. but the two face politics - of self being oppertunist and expectign other to be your friend is wrong.

--------------

India condemns Israel attacks on Gaza Strip

India condemns Israel attacks on Gaza Strip
--------------------------------

that deal was a business. ;)
------------

no they are not - but then again - russia was never close friend to america, and america never been friend to anybody.

yeh china did help their friends - be it korean war or giving pok to pakistan.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

if you grow cactus dont expect mangoes out of it.

India did a diplomatic tightwalk on the issue of Israels attack on Palestine

Lies about India’s stand on Palestine
Will India finally take the plunge and conclude a strategic alliance with Israel at the cost of its relationship with the Arabs?

Indian officials vehemently deny any such suggestion. Whenever the subject is broached in our discussions with Indian officials, their reaction is quite furious. They say that we, the Arabs, hate them and support Pakistan.

In fact, this is an artful method of avoiding the truth or a way to divert the discussion from the subject.

The latest news aired by the media suggests that the Indian-Israeli cooperation is taking shape in many aspects.

The authoritative British publication on defense and strategic matters, Jane’s Defense Weekly, in a recent issue has given some insight into the developing alliance between India and Israel. An article from Jane’s Terrorism & Security Monitor, in its edition of Aug. 14, focuses attention on Israel’s increasing role in “counterterrorism” in India in general and the Kashmir region in specific.

Indian officials, however, have many justifications for the Indian-Israeli cooperation. But any person concerned with such an approach would not accept such justifications, for many reasons.

In fact, the magazine has reported a wide range of Indian-Israeli cooperation including the erection of electronic fencing around the Kashmir region, a multibillion arms contract that would consist of provision of submarines with the capability to accommodate atomic warheads and advanced Barrak missiles.

In addition to other cooperative accords between the two countries, there is a deep and well-established relationship between the intelligence apparatuses of both the countries.

Further, India is aiming to conclude a pact with Israel similar to the one that exists between Israel and Turkey. And negotiations are under way for conducting mutual military maneuvers.

Experts say the India’s attitude toward Israel has changed fundamentally. They make their judgment on the basis of the difference between India’s past denunciations of Israel’s acts against the Palestinians and its position now. When horrible crimes are being committed against the Palestinians, their homes demolished, their men assassinated and their children killed, India has no words to denounce them. Now, its attitude is “flexible”. It blames both the parties - the victim and the aggressor in the same measure — for the escalation of the conflict in the Middle East. It also calls on both the parties to continue the peace process.

Moreover, India, in its official reaction to the bombing of the nightclub in Tel Aviv, has applauded the Israeli “self-control”.

Therefore, is it logical to believe the Indian political propaganda that claims continued support for the Arabs? Do we have to believe its lies?
Indias relations with Israel has changed forever no two thoughts about it. Israel will sell heavily to India and will even use its lobby in the US to get past any US concerns if it came to that.

youngindian

Country flag
From Israel to India, security sales to surge

NEW DELHI, 4 AUG: Major sales in security equipment, including for civilian use, from Israel to India are likely to take place by 2010 in light of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, Ms Anat Berstein-Reich, deputy chairperson of the Israel-India Chamber of Commerce, today said.
Speaking exclusively to The Statesman, Ms Berstein-Reich who is also managing partner, A&G Partners, said her company is in talks with major hotels across India, including the Taj and Oberoi in Mumbai, to sell them the ‘double exit’ system. The double exit system is one where a rope attached to a pulley within the room can allow a person ~ wearing a harness ~ to rappel down the building at a controlled descent rate. The system will come in useful in the event of a terrorist attack and also during accidents like fire, etc., when people have to be rescued from high-rise buildings.
India’s desire to acquire more products which can help protect its citizens from terror attacks has seen it move to a closer relationship with Israel, Ms Berstein-Reich said. Israel is the forerunner in the development of new technologies which are initially invented for military purposes but soon are also adapted for civilian use. Ms Berstein-Reich said that her company is also in talks with various Indian companies to sell them a crisis management software, ‘Orsus’. This software can be used in police control rooms and hotels. It takes information from various sensors and then tells one how to react to the crisis. “The proof lies in the pudding. It is being used by the Israeli Air Force and in several airports across the world,” she pointed
out. “We share values and threats and the more we interchange, the stronger our ties will become,” Ms Berstein-Reich added, alluding to the relations between India and her country.;Simran Sodhi

The Statesman

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
domain-b.com : Tata Advanced Systems, Israel Aerospace Industries launch Nova JV

Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd (IAI), an Israel-based developer of military and commercial aerospace technology and Tata Advanced Systems Ltd have formed a joint venture, Nova Integrated Systems Ltd (NIS).

The joint venture will develop, manufacture, and support a range of defence and aerospace products, including missiles, radars, electronic warfare (EW) systems and home land security systems.

The new company will also perform offset work for IAI and other defence and aerospace programs in India.

Tata Advanced Systems is an India-based provider of solutions for defence, homeland security and disaster management through technology development, transfer and research.

Earlier, in February this year, Itzhak Nissan, president and CEO Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd (IAI) and Ratan N Tata, chairman, Tata Sons had signed a memorandum of understanding to establish a joint venture company in India.

Under the terms of the MoU it had been said that the new Company would develop, manufacture and support a wide range of defence and aerospace products, including missiles, UAVs, radars, electronic warfare (EW) systems and home land security (HLS) systems.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles