India-China Relations

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We are also the home to the likes of Sri Rama, Sri Krishna, Samudragupta, Shivaji among others who have wielded the sword to uphold Dharma, to fight the invaders, to protect the innocent. And now we are led by one who follows the similar line shedding the pacifist angle.
I am not saying no but I see a POSSIBLE SUBVERTION attempt by our enemies to equate our narratives and religions with ineffective pacifism even though most aren't by lying ommision or concentrating only on specific roles and that we must be ready with our counter narrative in the future.

Look what they did to Christianity with Jesus being the ultimate pussy proto hippy.
Now every western nationalist can be beat on the head with club of you are not being a good Christian like Jesus and turning the other cheek.

I think it is the same for us in the case of gandianism.because he is almost quasi divine in our national narrative.

He may also hinder our future superpower ambitions as anti nationals will say that Gandhi wanted India to be a rural backwater country not a fascist aggressive imperialistic nation that is rich like the British.

What will we do then.

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
I am not saying no but I see a POSSIBLE SUBVERTION attempt by our enemies to equate our narratives and religions with ineffective pacifism even though most aren't by lying ommision or concentrating only on specific roles and that we must be ready with our counter narrative in the future.

Look what they did to Christianity with Jesus being the ultimate pussy proto hippy.
Now every western nationalist can be beat on the head with club of you are not being a good Christian like Jesus and turning the other cheek.

I think it is the same for us in the case of gandianism.because he is almost quasi divine in our national narrative.

He may also hinder our future superpower ambitions as anti nationals will say that Gandhi wanted India to be a rural backwater country not a fascist aggressive imperialistic nation that is rich like the British.

What will we do then.
Read my post again. To an extent you are right, India has been a country which gave a huge leeway to Gandhian philosophy till now, but as I stated we are being led by two (Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval), more by the latter who believes strength is the only way we can deal with, with opponents.
To answer your other question, Hindu Nationalism is on the rise. With the deeper penetration of the internet and with more access of the www, people are shedding their 'opinions' of the supposed heroes of Independence, people are shedding their secularism slowly seeing the plight of fellow Hindus in muslim majority areas. Yes, change can not be all of a sudden, and I am against a sudden change as it is never long-lasting, but things are definitely changing for the better. One instance - till a few years back or perhaps till this year, people were dhoti-shivering at the name of China, people always wanted compromise, but see what's happening now. People want China to pay for this and their previous misadventures, for being a bully. That's the change. The Hindu Nationalism propaganda is slowly growing, I'm satisfied, and I know you will be too.

gekko

Do you think India has a problem with its narrative building.i think so here's how.
"Yes. Much problem. Such difficult. Very Complicated. WoW." - Doge

Indian nationhood has not been articulated in certain terms, so one has to do the tight rope dance of maintaining the confusion/contradictions in public space while executing decisions in national interest. Akbar killed many Hindus, he is still regarded as 'Akbar the great'. Ashoka killed many, still regarded as great. Indian freedom fighters killed many British officers, still they are regarded as 'extremists'. Gandhi didn't do shit, still regarded as great for preaching non-violence. The Cholas spread Indian influence far and wide with their expeditions still they don't get a mention in this narrative of Indian nationhood. Gandhi is on our currency for doing jack shit but the person who wrote the constitution is nowhere to be found. Adi Shankaracharya traversed the nation to unite it, but he doesn't get a mention anywhere. The Muslims came and destroyed our Nalanda university but they get a centrally funded Aligarh Muslim university.

Ashoka gets to have his symbols etched into Indian iconography, on the flag, on the currency, on the national emblem, but there is no iconography from Sikh, Rajput, Chola, Vijaynagar, Maratha empire anywhere on any national symbols. Indonesia has Ganesha on their currency, their national airlines is called Garuda, despite being an Islamic country, and Hindus in India are still waiting for a court order to build a temple in Ayodhya, while Taj Mahal and Laal Quila and Qutub Minar are considered national heritage. Nigga!

We have a narrative problem, Huston!

Buddhists never caused problems anywhere in India, or outside India. In Myanmar, they took on Rohyingyas, in Tibet the Khampa Buddhists took on Chinese communists, in Sri Lanka the Sinhalese Buddhists took on crypto-Christian LTTE. Cambodian Buddhists took on the Khymer communists.

Last edited:

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
"Yes. Much problem. Such difficult. Very Complicated. WoW." - Doge

Indian nationhood has not been articulated in certain terms, so one has to do the tight rope dance of maintaining the confusion/contradictions in public space while executing decisions in national interest. Akbar killed many of ours, he is still regarded as 'Akbar the great'. Ashoka killed many, still regarded as great. Gandhi didn't do shit, still regarded as great for preaching non-violence. The Cholas spread Indian influence far and wide with their expeditions still they don't get a mention in this narrative of Indian nationhood. There is no one narrative of nationhood. Gandhi is on our currency for doing jack shit but the person who wrote the constitution is nowhere to be found.

Everyone cherry picks whatever they want.

Buddhists never caused problems anywhere in India, or outside India. In Myanmar, they took on Rohyingyas, in Tibet the Khampa Buddhists took on Chinese communists, in Sri Lanka the Sinhalese Buddhists took on crypto-Christian LTTE.
Yes Buddhists beat some people somewhere.but those were people who didn't really believe their religion and went with their gut instinct.

I also believe that religions will eventually come to their roots like we can't trust Muslims unless it is backed with strength.today they might follow secularism but tomorrow they can cite some trivial reason and become jihadists.those Buddhists are always under risk of subversion.just insert the Buddhists are pacifists meme into their cultural concisiousness and watch it break the country.

Our country is open to subversion from the Gandhi angle.just imagine u are the enemy.you will try to decrease indiginious tech by saying we should not emulate westerners.same could be used as argument for national wealth as they could say Gandhi want an equal and fair society and we must stop making high profit moves and pour more into minority appeasing welfare schemes.our military can be easily subverted by saying Gandhi was for non violence.

On the side note I cannot believe India has come to as big a military as it has today as it could easily have been a lightweight using this narrative of peaceful Hindu gandhians.i am sure the congressional and our enemies hate the fact that our different wars are remembered as they wish people forget the usefulness of a military.

The soln as an individual is to talk to people you know and teach them about India's various wars and our militaries role in.talk about how our tech developed helps us.and subtlety question the use of gandianism in today's India.

dhananjay1

Is GOI really anti-communist?

The government is working with communist parties in various states. During the Khalistan insurgency the government sent communists to spread their ideology as a counter-ideology to religion. Now they are doing the same with Kashmir. They have sent commies like Rahul Pandita to fill the ideological void.

This is Rahul Pandita in Bastar :

This is Rahul Pandita in Kashmir :

Schrodinger's activist. Anti-India in the jungles and pro-India in the valley.

The central government had also organized a high security entourage of commie parties to Kashmir to try to win over Jihadis.

View attachment 19109
Secularism and communism are ideological brothers so it's no surprise.

Swarnendu

The last several pages suggest that if there really is a war with China, our Muslims will support Pakistan, our Sikhs will support Khalistan and our communists will support China.

Only the Hindus will be left to fight the war, but due to Gandhi, a big portion of Hindus also will practise non-violence, same like the Buddhist Tibetans.

Now let me add, the Marathas will not fight for the Biharis, the Tamils will not fight for the Hindi Belt, the North-easterners (because we call them chinkis) will fight for China, the yadavs will not fight for the brahmins, and so on.

Do YOU forget that when there is an emergency we all are INDIANS first?

So please stop posting these bullshit off-topics and concentrate on China.

Yggdrasil

Country flag
The last several pages suggest that if there really is a war with China, our Muslims will support Pakistan, our Sikhs will support Khalistan and our communists will support China.

Only the Hindus will be left to fight the war, but due to Gandhi, a big portion of Hindus also will practise non-violence, same like the Buddhist Tibetans.

Now let me add, the Marathas will not fight for the Biharis, the Tamils will not fight for the Hindi Belt, the North-easterners (because we call them chinkis) will fight for China, the yadavs will not fight for the brahmins, and so on.

I think everyone in India will fight for India against China EXCEPT the communists because backstabbing and destruction are in their DNA and they want to see India balkanized. You can never, ever trust a communist.

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

You cannot wish away real divisions.

I wish india was a highly homogenous country like japan or china.These countries have almost no minorities or their minorities are so small t o be irrelevant.Do you know how much stability thisgives a nation.we are always tensed and afraid in our nation.

It is also hypocrisy on our part to support immigration into europe as a value.It will only bring misery to them and they are doing it now because they dont know what they are getting into and in the future their children will get really angry with their parent who willingly allowed others including indians to get into their country and establish a foothold.

what we must do is first on a racial/ethnic level mix every state through various means to create a national race.

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
WTH did I just read? Mix all races. Buddy, you really need to stop BSing.
First of all most of the people in india 80% look like the same iresspective of caste ,religion or state.The rest are divided between the really fair,really dark and the north eastern people.

Even in the case of north eastern people, there is a sub category who like a mixture of brown and northeastern people.

You might be thinking why i talk about these small things.

It is because even though they might not say it people care about these differences and no policy will change it except changeing the outward appearance through mixing.We dont have to mix everyone just te dissimilar looking minorities.that will single handedly weaken the caste identity,state identity and increase identity with nation.Remember in history people like genghis khan,states like rome did this practise to destroy tribal identity and force national identity.

This is why i support the intermingling of people of different states due to jobs,etc as if the form unions based on marriage it will increase loyalty towards country.same could be said of languages too.

A case of true multicultural shithole is what america and europe is becoming.Mark my words these countries will have major loyalty problems in the future other than the issue they already have.they are kept together for merely economic reasons evry group has their own seperate identity.

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
First of all most of the people in india 80% look like the same iresspective of caste ,religion or state.The rest are divided between the really fair,really dark and the north eastern people.

Even in the case of north eastern people, there is a sub category who like a mixture of brown and northeastern people.

You might be thinking why i talk about these small things.

It is because even though they might not say it people care about these differences and no policy will change it except changeing the outward appearance through mixing.We dont have to mix everyone just te dissimilar looking minorities.that will single handedly weaken the caste identity,state identity and increase identity with nation.Remember in history people like genghis khan,states like rome did this practise to destroy tribal identity and force national identity.

This is why i support the intermingling of people of different states due to jobs,etc as if the form unions based on marriage it will increase loyalty towards country.same could be said of languages too.

A case of true multicultural shithole is what america and europe is becoming.Mark my words these countries will have major loyalty problems in the future other than the issue they already have.they are kept together for merely economic reasons evry group has their own seperate identity.
At the outset lemme state that conditions in other countries are totally different from India. Countries in the west have reached a saturation point, they may disintegrate at any point of time - in short they are sitting on a ticking time-bomb. These conditions didn't just spring up, they were created in the last two centuries.
Coming to India, India has always been diverse. We can't remove ethnic communities totally to force nationalism which is already inherent. Yes, there are a few who are against Bharat - but that is just a minuscule of the population, unless you show me examples otherwise (I'm talking about 'Hindus' only). Yes, I agree with the point that one language should be forced upon people, and I would anyday prefer 'Sanskrit' to connect the people of Bharat. It has more claim than any other individual language. But only language should be one, ethnic communities, castes remaining the same.

Swarnendu

I think everyone in India will fight for India against China EXCEPT the communists because backstabbing and destruction are in their DNA and they want to see India balkanized. You can never, ever trust a communist.
Then their own supporters will hang them in the open, and they know that.

what we must do is first on a racial/ethnic level mix every state through various means to create a national race.
Did you mean, "Just force people to copulate with persons the state chooses as their partners", OR "Just force people to relocate to places where they themselves don't want to go"?

Creation of states on the basis of language was a blunder, and it's still happening, creation of quotas on the basis of religion an caste was a blunder, and it's still happening. But Indians are slowly integrating into a single race, go and check any metro.

If you want to get it done quickly, why not then let the Chinese conquer us? They are doing a great job with the Uyghurs and Tibetans already.

Or do you wish that one particular race of YOUR choice should exist in India?

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
India is fighting the Doklam war with China on a 5-inch battleground
By ECONOMICTIMES.COM | Updated: Aug 23, 2017, 05.36 PM IST

India is fighting this war against China on an unusual battleground.

NEW DELHI: The stand-off between India and China on the Doklam issue may not have blown into an armed conflict, but a Sino-Indian war is on. India is fighting this war against China on an unusual battleground — the five-inch screen of your smartphone.

Most of the Indians using Chinese smartphones are not aware how their phones have turned into a battleground for two countries.

After reports, including a research by University of Toronto, that Chinese smartphone companies are sending user data of Indians to China, the Indian government has started cracking down on these companies. China can exploit Indian user data transmitted by Chinese smartphone companies for commercial as well as strategic purposes.

The government has responded to these security risks with a flurry of moves in the past few days.

The Ministry of Electronics and IT has directed 21 smartphone makers, most of which are Chinese, to inform it about the procedures and processes they follow to ensure the security of mobile phones sold in India, following reports of data leakage and theft. The government will verify the details provided and act against companies that have failed to meet security requirements.

The government may also ask Chinese handset makers to set up servers in India as the next step in ensuring the protection of user data, following concerns about security breaches, especially as most Chinese smartphone vendors have servers in their home country.

According to reports, Alibaba's UC Browser has come under the government's scanner for alleged leak of mobile data of its Indian users. The government might ban the popular browser if its found guilty. UC Browser is part of Alibaba's mobile business group. Alibaba has made significant investments in the payment bank firm Paytm and its parent company One97. Besides Paytm, Alibaba has invested in e-commerce firm Snapdeal as well. After Google Chrome, UC Browser is considered the second-most popular smartphone browser in India. Last year, it claimed that it had over 100 million monthly active users in India and Indonesia.

The government has a bigger concern than transmission of data to China and its commercial misuse. A hostile China's giant telecom footprint in India can be used to launch big cyber attacks.

About 54% of the Indian smartphone market has been cornered by Chinese companies including Xiaomi, Lenovo, Oppo and Vivo.

The government might also want to break the dominance of Chinese companies on the Indian market as a punitive measure for the Chinese mischief on Doklam. The government's recent decision to impose anti-dumping duty on tempered glass, used for protecting mobile phone screens, can be seen as a part of this strategy.

Chinese smartphone companies in India are growing beyond their niche. Viva and Oppo have cornered all the major sponsorships of Indian cricket. PayTM, in which Ali Baba holds the biggest share, owns title sponsorship of all cricket tournaments in India.

SanjeevM

Country flag
I am worried about Paytm. Modi introduced Paytm with a lot of publicity. Even myself use Paytm for all utility bills payments. However now Alibaba has invested in Paytm and become a shareholder. Earlier Paytm was India's only indigenous wallet system. Now Alibaba holding a stake, I have stopped shopping on Paytm. Rather switched to amazon. I can pay the American portal rather than benefiting Chinese stakeholder.

If government/ Paytm realize this, they should consider ways to prevent Chinese investment in Indian corporates.

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
I am worried about Paytm. Modi introduced Paytm with a lot of publicity. Even myself use Paytm for all utility bills payments. However now Alibaba has invested in Paytm and become a shareholder. Earlier Paytm was India's only indigenous wallet system. Now Alibaba holding a stake, I have stopped shopping on Paytm. Rather switched to amazon. I can pay the American portal rather than benefiting Chinese stakeholder.

If government/ Paytm realize this, they should consider ways to prevent Chinese investment in Indian corporates.
Modi didn't introduce paytm, paytm utilized demonitization to grow.

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
Modi introduced and promotes BHIM app.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

sorcerer

Country flag
A lot of people I know has already unplugged from UC browser and pay time..instead using BHIM and other variants.
The anti china sentiments should be used as a sales pitch to promote Indian variants and look at alternate market

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China’s to build a 1,000km tunnel to divert water away from one of India’s largest rivers

China is working on an incredibly ambitious water diversion project involving the Brahmaputra, one of India’s largest rivers, which may become another point of tension between the two Asian neighbours.
Chinese engineers are testing techniques that could be used to build a 1,000-kilometre (km) tunnel—the world’s longest—to carry water from Tibet to Xinjiang, a barren region in northwest China, according to a report in the South China Morning Post (SCMP). The project would divert water from the Yarlung Tsangpo River in southern Tibet, which turns into the Brahmaputra once it enters India, to the Taklamakan desert in Xinjiang.
We shouldn't depend on Chinese promises and must be ready for this eventuality. I hope that government is not relying on Chinese better senses but exploring all the options to deal with them.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No one can ‘contain’ China: China on US selling arms to India
"I don't think that the sales of advanced arms would really serve that purpose," Chinese Ambassador to the US Cui Tiankai said

Political analysts in the west have described the sale of arms to India as a US move to contain China. “By the way I don’t think anybody would be able to contain China,” the Chinese Ambassador asserted in his rare press conference at the Embassy of China here. The top diplomat was addressing media ahead of US President Donald Trump’s visit to China early next month.

Chinese President Xi Jinping, he said, has always said that Pacific Ocean is large enough to accommodate that development both of China and the US, and the Asia-Pacific region is big enough to accommodate the development of China, India and Japan.

“In this regard I hope all parties will do things conducive to better relations, better mutual trust,” he said.

“We are following developments in the region very closely and hopefully other countries will have the same approach as we have,” he said, responding to a question on quadrilateral dialogue between India, Japan, US and Australia. Cui said he does not think that “any attempt to form exclusive clubs in the region following a so-called zero sum approach will help anybody”.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles