bhajji : hahahahahahaha !
yuvi : okay bye
:rofl:

:rofl:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
England comes to india, we wallop them. We go there, they wallop us.
India goes to Aus, we get thrashed, they come here, we give them a thrashing.

Eng and Aus have a better away record due to their past where they were very dominant and won all over. Recent history has been a case of being Lions in the own den.

Those who think I am wrong about the youngsters, any team transition happens slowly and under the guidance of the seniors. Raina and Kohli have got a chance to share the batting order with people who have nearly 45,000 test runs between them. That should have been a major learning process. Rohit Sharma, too has been around for a long time. All these guys have played 70+ one dayers before being drafted into the test side.

Who was the highest run getter in England? Rahul Dravid. Even in the current series, Tendulkar as scored runs.

At the end of the test series, i am afraid it might be VVS who will first bow out or be forced out, and may be Dravid (depends on what he does in his last innings in this tour).

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
I thing we are missing a point here. It s not about players, it's about condition. The current team will beat any side in India. But we do not able to adopt well on bouncy tracks. So the fault lies with BCCI. I am not sure when was our A team toured Aus, SA or Eng last.

Bowling was never our strength. But it was great to see the way our bowlers performed in past few years (away from home).

Everybody seems to be after the senior guys. They will retire sooner or later. But the big question is do we have replacements for them? The answer is NO. Saurav Ganguly has retired in 2008 (if I am not wrong). Its more than 3 years and we do not have a replacement for him yet.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Laxman may have played his last Test

It's ironical that VVS Laxman, who built his formidable batting reputation against Australia, now finds his playing career running out of time Down Under.

http://toi.in/VE15_a

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why only Laxman should be the sacrificial goat?

The old that was gold seems to have lost their hallmark ratings!

Things just ain't the same
And I'm ready for change
Go on, begone, bye bye, so long
Can't you see that you're
Fading, fading, fading, fa-a-a-a-away
Away, away, away, away
I opened up my eyes, and I finally realized
Today, today, it's too late
You're fading away

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

Dhoni is banned for 4 th test for slow over rate.. Does it matter now Whether u make Arjun Tendulakar captain of India or Srikanth

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The whole Indian team could be banned.

It would not make any difference to the result!

I am glad that big mouth Srikant has got a shot on his gob that runs loose with big talk!

The name is Krishnamachari and he calls himself Kris!

As if Krishnachari is some abuse that should be shed!

I really don't know why people are ashamed of their name and adopt silly Western names!

Last edited:

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
May I know, what is the highest score of Virender Sehwag in last 6 tests (including the home series against WI)? If I am not wrong it is in between 65-70. So why our immature media is blaming the seniors in the team when they are the only one scoring be it England or Australia.

In last 8 odd tests abroad our highest opening partnership is 55/60. I mean we can compare it with that of Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. So why not drop both the openers.

Anonymouse

Country flag

I really don't know why people are ashamed of their name and adopt silly Western names!
How come what is good for you isn't good for others? :confused:

Kris is shortened form of Krishnamachari. Its a western sounding shortened form of his surname. Just like Ray. He didn't call himself Chris.

Or do you have one set of rules for yourself and another set of rules for others?

Interview with Ray | Small Wars Journal

Why the pseudonym Ray, and is it a pseudonym at all?

No, it is not a pseudonym. It is a shortened version of my surname. My full surname, many found it to be a mouthful! Therefore, the easily pronounceable nickname stuck! Try pronouncing Zbigniew Brzezinski!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post

How come what is good for you isn't good for others? :confused:

Kris is shortened form of Krishnamachari. Its a western sounding shortened form of his surname. Just like Ray. He didn't call himself Chris.

Or do you have one set of rules for yourself and another set of rules for others?

Interview with Ray | Small Wars Journal
Good point.

Ray is a shortened version for good reason.

I am not quite delighted to have a Indian sexual connotation to my second part of the name, just because the north Indians pronounce it so! I am sure you too would not be delighted if your name is made to appear obscene because people cannot pronounce it correct.

The Bengali pronunciation does make my second part of the name sound like a sexual act!

And 'Ray' is a Bengali surname and therefore quite on board, while Krish is not a surname!

'namachari' part of Krishnamachari, to the best of my knowledge, does not sound obscene or a sexual act!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Singh,

Honest, I used to squirm everytime a North Indian used my full name.

I used to tell them that my pet name was Tiger and that they could be kind to use that!

I'd rather be a dog than be a sex maniac!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles