India's response to N-attack will be heavy: IAF

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
In the moment of imminent threat, NFU can be withdrawn. Nothing is legal. UN is actionless pet of US.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
No, he is not saying that, he is just re-iterating the no first strike rule. UN law is clear, you can defend against attack, but initiating an invasion is illegal. If you invade a country and they use nukes on their own soil its would be a perfectly legitimate defence. Invading and then responding to a nuclear defence is the same as first use, you will have started a nuclear war.

I suspect the reality is that there will never be a nuclear war in the region, its not an option you can ever use.
can you point of the UN law, i know right of self defence, but Cold start is done when Pakistani terrorist will do major attack, with or without Pakistani states, so it is attack on us (by Pakistani terrorist, which is act of war) therefore it is legitimate action against nation from where such attack has been originated, now if Pakistan is going to chose nuking our forces in its own country, they are welcome to do so, our doctrine says what we are going to do, this is also legitimate under any law.

In the Past also terrorists have come from Pakistan and have done horrifying terrorists act, if Pakistan think that we will sit back and do nothing they are wrong, already we are planing to do legitimate response.

BTW we are not interested in nuke war, it was up to Pakistan to see that terrorist are not breaded in their territory and exported to world over. If they would like to play with nuclear weapons, it was made clear since long that we will wipe them out of world map.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I dont think India is going to care if its forces are nuke in Pakistan territory, we will first wipe them out of world map, then talk to UN about it. Plus without Pakistan world would be better place. No more future OBL or Terrorist to look for, no more nuclear weapons going into the hands of terrorists, no Mulla/talibs to spread hate..............

S.A.T.A

India's no first strike nuclear policy,must be commonly assumed to be a reflection of our military confidence,not actual tactical intent.A pragmatic Pakistani military advisor,would naturally presume that India,in the event of a war,will not stay true to its 'no first use' resolve,and will likely carryout non conventional military strikes while it still retains the advantage.So the basic premise of the nuclear deterrence in a India-Pak military confrontation would rely on, India's intelligent gauging of Pakistan's actual nuclear threshold,crossing which would force Pakistan to press the nuclear button(which would mean that India would have act before the threshold is reached) and on the other hand Pakistan's ability to keep threshold at a fair distance by ensuring it does not suffer an early military collapse.

All statements coming from indian military leadership is directed towards encouraging Pakistan to continue its military buildup,it serves the dual purpose of ensuring Pakistan doesn't go for the nuclear button too soon(in case of a cold start scenario) and diversion of crucial economic resources from industrial-economic capacity building investment.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What is Air Chief Marshal P V Naik smoking?Pakistan wont wait for the indian strike its first strike itself will be massive that indian will be reduced to stone age dust.
So when are they attacking?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Those military spy satellites capable to recognize color of tea in a cup were/are not launched for science fair. They can easily detect any logistic movement when Pakistan as a state or non-state prepares for some mischief. Besides calls from White House will buzz Islamabad before it places finger on N-button saying "I know what you are doing!"

sandeepdg

What is Air Chief Marshal P V Naik smoking?Pakistan wont wait for the indian strike its first strike itself will be massive that indian will be reduced to stone age dust.
Oh Yeah ! Nice joke, pal. A tactical nuke like the one on Nasr wouldn't even make a fraction of armed forces into dust, forget the whole country of 1.2 billion people. There's is nothing in your inventory that can achieve such a thing, whereas there's ample stuff in our's to reduce you to dust.

Anyway, the scumbacks running around in your badlands will do most of the job for us, it will never come to nukes !

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
rather then stopping terrorists from doing cross border attack, Pakistan wants to enter into nuclear war with India, then so be it.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Stone age huh, wonder where we have heard that before, a certain Richard Armitage comes to memory.

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
IAF chief's 'very heavy response to Pakistan' remark irks Antony

NEW DELHI: A statement by Air Chief Marshal P V Naik that Indian response to a possible Pakistani nuclear attack would be "very heavy" doesn't seem to have gone down well with defence minister A K Antony.

Sources said the minister was "not amused" over the remarks made by the IAF chief, who is retiring on July 31, at a time when the two countries are holding foreign minister -level talks. In the backdrop of this development, Naik met the defence minister in his South Block office today.

The defence minister had himself refused to answer queries yesterday related to Pakistan's role in context of the Kargil war saying that he did not want to "vitiate the atmosphere" at such a time.

In his last press conference, the IAF chief had yesterday said that though India followed a 'no-first-use' nuclear policy but warned its response would be very heavy in the event of any nuclear attack on the country.

"Our nuclear policy is of no first use. It also talks about a very heavy response in case of a nuclear attack. It talks about a retaliatory and hard response, our policy talks about that... obviously our response would be absolutely violent as per our existing policy," he had said.

IAF chief's ‘very heavy response to Pakistan’ remark irks Antony - The Times of India

arya

Country flag
i think IAF chief is very frank and tough man, he has never care for political leadership, he always said what is good for India. We need person like him in top places.
he is loyal to nation not to corrupt kongrees leader

tell me do you really think at war time kongress leader will stay here noo they will fly to usa or uk

i am thinking if war take place then our leader will stay here in india or they will fly to safe nation

Parthy

Air Warrior
Intruder aircraft will be shot down: IAF

If any enemy aircraft violates India's air sovereignty, it will meet the same fate as Pakistan Navy's Atlantic patrol aircraft that was shot down in 1999.This was stated by Indian Air Force Vice-Chief designate Air Marshal K.K. Nohwar said here on Wednesday."Let me assure you, if any of our neighbours tries to intrude into our air space, it will meet the same fate as met the Atlantic in the Rann of Kutch," he said.

In 1999, MiG-21s of the IAF shot down the Atlantic after they failed to force it to land at an Indian base. Disobeying instructions from the MiG pilots, the Atlantic manoeuvred to escape from them and was shot down by a heat-seeking air-to-air missile.

Air Marshal Nohwar, currently the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AoC-in-C) of the Eastern Air Command, said: "Between two nations, there is always a posture that is maintained."

"The military is prepared to ensure that there is no violation of its territory. Every country has the right to defend its own territory," he said.

He will take over as the Vice-Chief of the Air Staff on August 1.

Intruder aircraft will be shot down: IAF | idrw.org

weg

In the Past also terrorists have come from Pakistan and have done horrifying terrorists act, if Pakistan think that we will sit back and do nothing they are wrong, already we are planing to do legitimate response.

BTW we are not interested in nuke war, it was up to Pakistan to see that terrorist are not breaded in their territory and exported to world over. If they would like to play with nuclear weapons, it was made clear since long that we will wipe them out of world map.
A fair point, the 9/11 attack on the US legitimised the invasion of Afganistan. It was an act of war against a NATO country no question about it.
In the Cold War between the West and the Soviet Union proxy's were used to fight, it never lead to nuclear war and I don't think it will for India.

Zebra

Country flag
A fair point, the 9/11 attack on the US legitimised the invasion of Afganistan. It was an act of war against a NATO country no question about it.
In the Cold War between the West and the Soviet Union proxy's were used to fight, it never lead to nuclear war and I don't think it will for India.
I hope so . But here we got Pakistan , so batter keep tit for tat .

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
agreed, but at the same time you cannot consider Pakistan any way near West or Soviet Union of that time, yeah in India we fear Nuclear war, but Pakistan with its India centric mentality and deep routed thirst for revenge for the humiliation for East Pakistan now Bangladesh, this is not allowing them to think rationally.

You cannot assume that those mullas who have deep route in PA are not going to use Nukes as first option, look at the production rate of their nukes, their country is almost as good as bankrupt (surviving on aid from US, west and soft loan from China), still they invest in nukes and missile. I would also say that Pakistani insanity is evident from the fact that they have more nukes then India as per Internationally known data still they have first use policy, that sum up my argument.

Remember we will not be first one to start it, but rest assured we will be last one to end it.

Iamanidiot

I did not understand initially what was going on but.While the MEA was dangling carrots the IAF chief was carrying the stick for the benefit of the Pakistanis

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I did not understand initially what was going on but.While the MEA was dangling carrots the IAF chief was carrying the stick for the benefit of the Pakistanis
That is exactly why Antony showed his unhappiness over Naik's recent comment.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles