India's purchase of anti-missile system to counteract China's DF missiles?

Can India counteract china's DF missiles

• Total voters

black eagle

Country flag
i don't think this news is true & btw that pic of iron dome is wrong. It's the spyder SAM system.

albertjayaprakash

Its absolutely necessary to buy this units, since our systems yet to be proved and applied practically, so its a must to fill this gap to save our borders and peoples and children's from this evil dragon china. we should teach them a nice lesson this time.

vijaytripoli

I think we should go for S-400 Russian System . it is far more advanced than Arrow , PAC or Israel systems. That is why Us & Israel tried to Block it sale To Iran...............!
Chau

Rahul92

ya but obama's tour may influence the government to buy these arrows

Country flag
what we need is x-band radar and that is not being offered, the patriots in the first gulf war were less than 10% effective who knows how effective the PAC-3 really are??

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
patriot is a hopeless system.the russian s-400 is the best air defence system in the world.but the problem is it can only intercept irbm's upto the range of 3500km(upto the range alowed in ballistic missle treaty) and so it will not be much use against chinese icbm's.also if we order 2 battalions of s-400 now we will only get delivery in 2014-15(production speed is very slow) by the time we will in final testing period of phase 2 of bmd.the s-400 is a complete air defence system and can even intercept stealth aircraft. the biggest defiency of s-400 is that since it was developed 10 years back it's missiles does not feature multiple kill vehicles which is absolutely crucial to tackle mirvs.also its interception height is upto 40 km. i think s-500 will feature the same and drdo is also working on it of phase 2 of bmd.

plugwater

patriot is a hopeless system.the russian s-400 is the best air defence system in the world.but the problem is it can only intercept irbm's upto the range of 3500km(upto the range alowed in ballistic missle treaty) and so it will not be much use against chinese icbm's.also if we order 2 battalions of s-400 now we will only get delivery in 2014-15(production speed is very slow) by the time we will in final testing period of phase 2 of bmd.the s-400 is a complete air defence system and can even intercept stealth aircraft. the biggest defiency of s-400 is that since it was developed 10 years back it's missiles does not feature multiple kill vehicles which is absolutely crucial to tackle mirvs.also its interception height is upto 40 km. i think s-500 will feature the same and drdo is also working on it of phase 2 of bmd.
At present no ballistic missile defense systems have the ability to tackle MIRV, once the MIRV is launched from missile nothing can stop them.

Patriot

Country flag
LF Sir, is there any development project on Anti MIRV weapon? I have searched for hours but no info on net. Thanks.

plugwater

LF Sir, is there any development project on Anti MIRV weapon? I have searched for hours but no info on net. Thanks.
There are two projects underdevelopment

Multiple Kill Vehicle-L (MKV-L) by Lockheed Martin
Multiple Kill Vehicle-R (MKV-R) by Raytheon

This is a really good video of how these two works

Last edited by a moderator:

prototype

Iron dome is overhyped system. Its not in the same class as arrow 3. Arrow 3 is mainly for antiballestice missile defense while Iron dome is for air defense against short range systems like small rockets and mortar shells.
I dont think India is showing interest in Iron dome as an ABM shield's,their r report the north Indian cities of India specially Delhi is within the striking range of Chinese artillery system,if it is so,then Iron dome is a useful addition to protect our cities, Israel also developed it for the same purpose

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Americans and there way of marketing including posting paid articles in press, suppose to be written by think tanks.

SHASH2K2

I dont think India is showing interest in Iron dome as an ABM shield's,their r report the north Indian cities of India specially Delhi is within the striking range of Chinese artillery system,if it is so,then Iron dome is a useful addition to protect our cities, Israel also developed it for the same purpose
Buddy I am not sure that there is any artillery system with such a great range that it can target Delhi from Chinese borders. I think you are referring to missiles .

Agantrope

Buddy I am not sure that there is any artillery system with such a great range that it can target Delhi from Chinese borders. I think you are referring to missiles .
For a $1000 rocket, do we need to need to spend the $15K iron dome? They are showing us the fear factor for making us to buy the weapon typical unkil and co in work

prototype

no i am talking about artillery,though i am also not sure about it,if they have such artillery that can fly over the Himalayas,i just read it somewhere,i thought if India is showing interest in Iron dome,may b due to this issue

plugwater

no i am talking about artillery,though i am also not sure about it,if they have such artillery that can fly over the Himalayas,i just read it somewhere,i thought if India is showing interest in Iron dome,may b due to this issue
No artillery has that range. they need to place their artillery in noida to fire Delhi.

prototype

For a $1000 rocket, do we need to need to spend the $15K iron dome? They are showing us the fear factor for making us to buy the weapon typical unkil and co in work
Its not about a $1000 rocket,the destruction it will bring will b more costly than that

SHASH2K2

What is th shortest aerial distance between Delhi and China and whats maximum range or any artillary in entire world ?

prototype

No artillery has that range. they need to place their artillery in noida to fire Delhi.
hahahaha,i the may be i just got some wrong info,dont know much about artillery systems,anyway thank for clarification

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles