India's global diplomacy

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I like the debates, but I can't stand the host. He needlessly interrupts the guests and comes across as being stupidly arrogant. :tsk:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I like the debates, but I can't stand the host. He needlessly interrupts the guests and comes across as being stupidly arrogant. :tsk:
Exactly. He interrupted Mr. Chari when the latter was making an interesting.point. Very annoying.

Are there transcripts available?

pmaitra

I saw the first one. I do not have time for the rest.

I think the debate was very well managed, insightful, and quite enjoyable.

TrueSpirit

Rajya Sabha TV is one of the better-meaning channels being aired. Debates are well-informed, speakers are experts of their domain who know what their subject.
Less noise, more substance. & Less staid than Lok Sabha channel.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Debates on RSTV and LSTV are better and well conducted than those on private media channel.

The Last Stand

Country flag
Debates on RSTV and LSTV are better and well conducted than those on private media channel.
Completely agree.

Tried to hear a debate on NDTV. I saw four people shouting. I heard four people who had no idea of what they were talking about shouting and talking nonsense. I saw pack journalism and the host of the show interrupting intelligent statements.

End result - Heard nothing, went to sleep.

Indian media needs a dose of quality injected into its brain.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Completely agree.

Tried to hear a debate on NDTV. I saw four people shouting. I heard four people who had no idea of what they were talking about shouting and talking nonsense. I saw pack journalism and the host of the show interrupting intelligent statements.

End result - Heard nothing, went to sleep.

Indian media needs a dose of quality injected into its brain.
Are you sure you were not watching O'Reilly or Hannity on Fox News?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
He who shouts the loudest in private channels wins. These debates are meant for different audience than those on private channels.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles