India's army chief made honorary Nepal Army general

Country flag
India's army chief made honorary Nepal Army general

New Delhi/Kathmandu, July 11 (ANI): India's Chief of Army Staff, General Bikram Singh, was conferred the rank of an honorary General of the Nepalese Army on Wednesday.
The ceremonial event was in keeping with a long-standing tradition, between the armies.
Nepal's President Ram Baran Yadav conferred the honorary rank on General Bikram Singh at a glittering special investiture ceremony in Kathmandu. Theeremony was attended by the Prime Minister of Nepal, Baburam Bhattarai, members of the Nepal Cabinet, Nepal's Chief of Army Staff General Chhatra Man Gurung and other important dignitaries.
Speaking on the occasion, General Bikram Singh said it was a great honour to have been bestowed with the honorary rank of General in Nepal Army, and added that this would further strengthen the bonds of friendship between the two countries and their respective armies.
Previously, General Gurung was conferred the honorary rank of General of the Indian Army by President Pratibha Patil during his visit to New Delhi in December 2009. (ANI)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Routine.

Their Chief is our Honorary General.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Chinese are looking after their national interests.

India should trump them.

The sad part is that India takes too much for granted and is overcomed by a huge sloth like lethargy.

My sister in law is a Nepali.

Sunder singh

^^ sir i am kumaoni for me nepal is just like my home i dont know were this idea come gurhas r frist to fight for india they hav bleeded more then any indian for india

bhramos

Country flag
^^ sir i am kumaoni for me nepal is just like my home i dont know were this idea come gurhas r frist to fight for india they hav bleeded more then any indian for india
it all came from British and East India Company...........

parijataka

Country flag
If one country that is like a brother to India that is Nepal. Our royals intermarried often with Nepali royalty, the late Maharani Vijayaraje of Gwalior was a Nepali princess. And of course film stars like Manisha Koirala and singers like Udit Narayan and not to forget brave Gurkhas in IA.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
it all came from British and East India Company...........
Gurkhas were recruited as soldiers and officers in all princely states. There was a large contingent og Gurkhas in Sikh Army who fought against the Pathans and The British. Bikaner Udaipur, Jaipur, Jodhpur etc all had Gurhkas .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles