India's allies, friends and enemies in the contemporary world

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
So, Guys in the modern world , What are the countries which can be considered as India's allies and what are the one which are its enemies..... what are the countries which fall under its protectorate..... We can debate about the future too....

So right now , the Allies are..... unfortunately none as far as i know... Though in future we may have Japan, South Korea, US, France ,Australia, Russia, Israel as our allies:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

And Friends right now are.... Israel, US, Japan, Russia, EU, Indonesia, Brasil, Middle eastern countries, and in future we may add even more to the list......

Countries inside our protectorate... Right now only Nepal and Bhutan

Enemies... Of course China and Pakistan while in the future it may expand to include Bangladesh(if we don't improve the ties)

Countries which view us with suspicion and not as outright enemies will include Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and the likes....

So what do you think guys and why....?????

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
A well framed question, sir. In this discussion, there should be an analysis of what the EU and NATO will be in coming years.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Well I hope everything is mentioned and debated here... From SCO, NATO, Afghanistan, African states, South American states etc

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Its funny you mention USA and Russia in the same line. USA and Russian foreign policy is like oil and water.

That is the big problem for us, we need to balance US and Russia when ever we deal in foreign policy.

Blackwater

no body is India's friend. there is saying in Hindi."time ane par gadhe ko bhi baap bana parta ha"

Its the time and situation which make friend

Timarow when chini ditch paki.india can be good friend of paki

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.

mki

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I was reading on internet about security pact of India.
I found Nepal, Bhutan, Oman and Qatar is under the security grid of India and talk for Maldives are going on.

I also read that Japan, India and USA has security pact and it is also backed by Aus. but can not understand is this pact means aggregation on one state is consider as aggregation on all 3?

Indian Armed Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eye on China, India and Japan ink security pact - Indian Express
No we don't have a security pact yet with pacific rim countries. Bhutans defense is the responsibility of India. Nepal has a friendship treaty with India renewed recently. With Qatar we have a naval support agreement.

India has no "allies" as such but good friends and in the rapidly changing dynamics of world relations, friends could become allies. We don't need to create enemies. We have two sworn enemies and it will remain that way.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Its funny you mention USA and Russia in the same line. USA and Russian foreign policy is like oil and water.

That is the big problem for us, we need to balance US and Russia when ever we deal in foreign policy.
They both have the potential to be India's allies.... But the future of alliance with Russia depends on their own relations with china, If they become too close with them(to the point of alliance) then they will only be a friend and not an ally... But if their own fears about the chinese worsen, well who knows they might become one of our allies....

And Yanks are not any better either, If they will try to be our allies as long as Chinese are the first threat and as long as we dont challenge their complete autonomy.... So when we start getting stronger(albeit very strong) we may not get so many favors or special treatment from them...

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
no body is India's friend. there is saying in Hindi."time ane par gadhe ko bhi baap bana parta ha"

Its the time and situation which make friend

Timarow when chini ditch paki.india can be good friend of paki
Pakistan a friend of India:confused::confused::confused:... Ya right...

anyway Chinese will be even more close with the Porkis, so we will be closer to nations with similiar interest....

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
No we don't have a security pact yet with pacific rim countries. Bhutans defense is the responsibility of India. Nepal has a friendship treaty with India renewed recently. With Qatar we have a naval support agreement.

India has no "allies" as such but good friends and in the rapidly changing dynamics of world relations, friends could become allies. We don't need to create enemies. We have two sworn enemies and it will remain that way.
Agreed on the first point

we have two sworn enemies now.... In future, if we dont improve our ties with our neighbors Bangladesh and sri lanka they may start hating us even more

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I was reading on internet about security pact of India.
I found Nepal, Bhutan, Oman and Qatar is under the security grid of India and talk for Maldives are going on.

I also read that Japan, India and USA has security pact and it is also backed by Aus. but can not understand is this pact means aggregation on one state is consider as aggregation on all 3?

Indian Armed Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eye on China, India and Japan ink security pact - Indian Express
Both Japan and Australia are lapdogs of USA.... so the future relationship with them depend a lot on our relation with USA....

Tianshan

And Yanks are not any better either, If they will try to be our allies as long as Chinks are the first threat and as long as we dont challenge their complete autonomy.... So when we start getting stronger(albeit very strong) we may not get so many favors or special treatment from them...
anyway Chinks will be even more close with the Porkis, so we will be closer to nations with similiar interest....
what kind of language is this?

Tianshan

And Yanks are not any better either, If they will try to be our allies as long as Chinks are the first threat and as long as we dont challenge their complete autonomy.... So when we start getting stronger(albeit very strong) we may not get so many favors or special treatment from them...
anyway Chinks will be even more close with the Porkis, so we will be closer to nations with similiar interest....
what kind of language is this?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Dr. kamalakumar, let us not use the "chink" word.

It is considered derogatory and racist by majority of people. Not only Chinese, this word offends the sensibilities of N-E Indians also.

SpArK

SORCERER
Tier 1

Russia,France, Israel,Bhutan,Maldives,Singapore,

Tier 2

US, UK, BD, Lanka, Seychelles, Brasil,Japan, Iran, UAE, Myanmar, Nepal, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Germany, Italy, South Korea, Canada, Saudi Arabia,Kazakhstan,Qatar,Oman,carribian and Australia.

Tier 3

Rest of the world

;

will edit as it goes, so dont quote me .. genius

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Dr. kamalakumar, let us not use the "chink" word.

It is considered derogatory and racist by majority of people. Not only Chinese, this word offends the sensibilities of N-E Indians also.
Sry... my bad i just hate anyone who are my country's enemy.... It wont happen again i promise... now back to topic

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles